Does anyone have exit plans in case crap hits the fan in their current country of residence? Wondering how to factor that in to financial planning. So far I think one should have dollar accounts in international banks, but aside from that, I can't imagine what else to do

Part of healthy cycle yang "air crap" LOL. If one must sell, how about switching your stocks/MF/ETF to money market accounts instead of actual cash currency and wait it out. Just my half cent. :)

Edited by MRROUGHSEX

Does anyone have exit plans in case crap hits the fan in their current country of residence? Wondering how to factor that in to financial planning. So far I think one should have dollar accounts in international banks, but aside from that, I can't imagine what else to do

Personally depende kung malapit na ba ako magretire or note. If im say 15-20 years or more from retirement, meaning in in the accumulation stage, i'll be hoping for that "crap" since that means my ETFs will sold at a much cheaper price, meaning its "bargain" hunting baby! If im single, i would probably work several jobs just so i'll have more money to buy more ETFS.

But ita different when i retired or near retirement. I'll probably put more into Bonds, high dividend paying ETFs and cash. I will be income focused since i would need income to live the lifestyle that i want in retirement.

Personally right now, i dont have bonds, i dont own any real estate, i have $12k in Cash that i'll soon transfer into my brokerage to buy some ETFs. I know another GFC is coming (who knows when), but i'll w3lcome it with open arms.

• Like (+1) 1

Whew. Finally! Nagsidatingan na ang mga bayad sa akin na naipit dahil ang mga taong nag-aasikaso ng mga iyon ay sinapian ng kung anong espiritu.

Buti na lang nasa abroad at ibang bayan ako last month kaya travel budget ko ang gumagana sa halos buong Agosto. Halos hindi ko nagalaw ang contingency fund ko kasi napalitan siya agad nung dumating ang bayad sa translation job ko.

Pati back pay ko, in good order na rin.

Bills for August and September paid. Budget all the way to November fixed.

Time to invest in the stock market via the bourse and mutual funds next month.

And time to open a separate mutual fund account for my house and lot savings :D

Now, I only need the business to find a good client for it to start earning decently.

PERA PA!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

Whew. Finally! Nagsidatingan na ang mga bayad sa akin na naipit dahil ang mga taong nag-aasikaso ng mga iyon ay sinapian ng kung anong espiritu.

Buti na lang nasa abroad at ibang bayan ako last month kaya travel budget ko ang gumagana sa halos buong Agosto. Halos hindi ko nagalaw ang contingency fund ko kasi napalitan siya agad nung dumating ang bayad sa translation job ko.

Pati back pay ko, in good order na rin.

Bills for August and September paid. Budget all the way to November fixed.

Time to invest in the stock market via the bourse and mutual funds next month.

And time to open a separate mutual fund account for my house and lot savings :D

Now, I only need the business to find a good client for it to start earning decently.

PERA PA!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Happy to hear it Neville!

• Like (+1) 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow. Namumula ang portfolio ko.

Hirap ng di nagbabasa ng balita, di ko malaman kung bakit mas malala ngayon ang market performance kung ikukumpara mo sa August the ghost month.

Pati mutual funds ko dumudugo.

Sa Sabado pa ako magpapasok ng pera.

Market, next next week ka na umakyat. Lol.

Wow. Namumula ang portfolio ko.

Hirap ng di nagbabasa ng balita, di ko malaman kung bakit mas malala ngayon ang market performance kung ikukumpara mo sa August the ghost month.

Pati mutual funds ko dumudugo.

Sa Sabado pa ako magpapasok ng pera.

Market, next next week ka na umakyat. Lol.

Ako din sa akinse pa ang sweldo kya olats. OK lng yan basta keep on saving and having the discipline to invest.

Ang problema ko lng, nate temp na nmn ako bumili ng lens for my Sony Full frame camera. I'm lusting over the bokeh of 85mm f/1.4 lens.

Kyo ba, how do you stop yourself from spending? Or Y.O.L.O na lng ba?

Edited by JohannBeckham

Kayo ba, how do you stop yourself from spending? Or Y.O.L.O na lng ba?

YOLO for now habang able pa body. :)

However, inuuna ko savings target rate via direct deposit from my pay account. But I do not set it high like you and other FIRE folks do. Tama na 20% + compounding over time. :D Tama na sa akin yan then enjoy life na!

YOLO for now habang able pa body. :)

However, inuuna ko savings target rate via direct deposit from my pay account. But I do not set it high like you and other FIRE folks do. Tama na 20% + compounding over time. :D Tama na sa akin yan then enjoy life na!

Actually I'm now going the "SLOW-FI" route. I mean, sometimes the journey is more important than the velocity or how fast you reach your destination. We're still saving 44% of take home pay, but there's no reason not to splurge into experience or things we love and value e.g. travel, bikes, photography hobby. This year yan ang realisation namin, YOLO knowing that it will delay our retirement date. But we would like to retire doing the same things we're doing now e.g. spending time with family, enjoying our hobbies, tsking care of our health and travelling.

• Like (+1) 2

20191012 Updates:

Property

* Reduce total debt to $58K by year-end (currently at $60.0K)

* Expect condo value to appreciate to $50K by-year end (currently at $49.5K)

* Anticipate house value to appreciate to $280K by yea- end (currently at $273.0K)

Savings for Current Use

* Increase college savings of children to $20K by year-end (currently at $18.7K)

* Buttress business fund to $65K by-year end (currently at $71K) (Note: Conservative case at 92% of actual) - MET

Savings for Retirement/Future Use

* Grow retirement savings to $170K by year-end (currently at $166K) (Note: Conservative case at 92% of actual)

* Drum up social security savings to $170K by year-end (currently at $166K) (Note: PV at $360K for age 62)

Edited by MRROUGHSEX

20191012 Updates:

Property

* Reduce total debt to $58K by year-end (currently at $60.0K)

* Expect condo value to appreciate to $50K by-year end (currently at $49.5K)

* Anticipate house value to appreciate to $280K by yea- end (currently at $273.0K)

Savings for Current Use

* Increase college savings of children to $20K by year-end (currently at $18.7K)

* Buttress business fund to $65K by-year end (currently at $71K) (Note: Conservative case at 92% of actual) - MET

Savings for Retirement/Future Use

* Grow retirement savings to $170K by year-end (currently at $166K) (Note: Conservative case at 92% of actual)

* Drum up social security savings to $170K by year-end (currently at $166K) (Note: PV at $360K for age 62)

Solid networth pre. So thats what close to USD$700k? Astig, pwedeng pwede ka nang mag retire sa Pinas

Some of my trades are still open because the prices I pegged did not match the prevailing market prices.

Currently almost 390K pesos in portfolio value now. Hoping I have 110K by the end of the year so I can be worth 500K in paper assets alone.

Wishing my portfolio is valued at 1M pesos by December 2020.

"Pera, ulan pa patungo sa akin!"

Sino nga ba uli yung kausap ko tungkol sa consulting?

May prospective client kami ng Ate ko, at mukhang di kami kukunin. Ang mahal raw ng fee namin.

Nahiya naman ako kay kuya, sa requirements niyang 2 page well-written report (di na nga translation ang kailangan niya, writing assistance talaga) due within 24 hours, gusto niya bayad estudyante.

Umikot na lang mata ko.

Ayun, hanap uli ng kliyente. Sana yung kumuha na sa amin ay matinong kausap na matino ring magbayad :D

Sana dalawa man lang sila by January 2020. :wub: :wub: :wub:

• Like (+1) 1

Always know your worth, good job on declining that client :)

Anong services pala to? Copywriting?

Thanks.

Translation ang service namin. Test translation daw. Pagkita ko ng original, not fit for translation, it was fit for rewriting. Since I came from the corporate world, I have some know-how on making reports that would suit people in high position. So kahit di namin trabaho, kukunin namin yon kung kaya niya PF namin.

Kaso hindi.

:P

Sino nga ba uli yung kausap ko tungkol sa consulting?

May prospective client kami ng Ate ko, at mukhang di kami kukunin. Ang mahal raw ng fee namin.

Nahiya naman ako kay kuya, sa requirements niyang 2 page well-written report (di na nga translation ang kailangan niya, writing assistance talaga) due within 24 hours, gusto niya bayad estudyante.

Umikot na lang mata ko.

Ayun, hanap uli ng kliyente. Sana yung kumuha na sa amin ay matinong kausap na matino ring magbayad :D

Sana dalawa man lang sila by January 2020. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Sorry na po mam..pasensya na kung hampaslupa na walang pambayad 😂✌️

Daming ganito sa writing. Malaki ang pagkakaiba ng demanding na client sa barat na gustong makaisa.

Hang in there. Sa simula lang mahirap.

Daming ganito sa writing. Malaki ang pagkakaiba ng demanding na client sa barat na gustong makaisa.

Hang in there. Sa simula lang mahirap.

Yep. Iling na lang ako noong sinabi niya parameters niya.

One good client should start the ball rolling.

Just politely turn them down. Yung mga ganyang clients usually ang mga problematic client. They're sometimes more trouble than they're worth.

Thankfully, I didn't have to. He just bolted after telling us that our fee is too high.

Plus point uli sa pagtatrabaho ko sa call center. Nahuli ko kung sino talaga ang kliyenteng may pambayad at kliyenteng feeling may pambayad pero wala.

Share naman ng tips diyan kung pano mo na differentiate. I work in sales too so it could save me some time :)

Isa lang naman ang napansin ko: kung sino ang maraming reklamo at maraming arte sa pakikipag-usap, sila yung walang pambayad. Champagne taste on a beer budget mentality.

• Like (+1) 1

Kakapanood ko ng mga videos tungkol sa "What the Rich Do the Poor Don't," may isang point akong nakuha at natandaan:

INVEST IN YOUR SELF

ayun, hinahanapan ko na ng oras ang thesis ko para matapos. tapos hinihikayat ko na business partner ko na mag-aral rin ng translation via seminars, naghahanap na rin ako ng iba pang possible pool of translators para kapag dumating ang kliyente, mabilis kaming makakakilos.

sama mo na ang pagsinop ng mga docs via soft copies at company write up polishing.

yun pala ang inam na wala pa kaming kliyente: linisin at plantsahin ang mga gusot sa negosyo.

Ulan pa, pera! :)

• Like (+1) 1

Kakapanood ko ng mga videos tungkol sa "What the Rich Do the Poor Don't," may isang point akong nakuha at natandaan:

INVEST IN YOUR SELF

ayun, hinahanapan ko na ng oras ang thesis ko para matapos. tapos hinihikayat ko na business partner ko na mag-aral rin ng translation via seminars, naghahanap na rin ako ng iba pang possible pool of translators para kapag dumating ang kliyente, mabilis kaming makakakilos.

sama mo na ang pagsinop ng mga docs via soft copies at company write up polishing.

yun pala ang inam na wala pa kaming kliyente: linisin at plantsahin ang mga gusot sa negosyo.

Ulan pa, pera! :)

And to add to your point, invest in your health (physical, mental, emotional/spiritual). Money is just one of the means for a healthier you.