Do You Believe In Destiny?

Destiny is just an idea born out of complacency and laziness to act, move or chart one's course through life. If everything goes well or if everything goes bad, It's because one allows it or made it happen. It is not destiny!

.. If it were up to me, i'd retire the often misused and abused "destiny" out of the vocabulary.

Edited by Unwritten
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"que sera sera"

all I can say is that, when you want something go for it. run to it, jump, skip, climb, beg, crawl...

was it destiny for Thomas Edison to invent the light bulb? he said "i found a thousand ways not to make a light bulb, and I found one way to make one work." destiny? or diligence, patience, hard work and perseverance?

you met the love of your life... and just around the corner dozens of beautiful women were also waiting... :), life is about chances. when we fall in love, may or may not work. takes a lot of women and hopefully you fall for one and she falls for you.... in perpetuity... if not... blame destiny? hehehe

if you are destined to be, then you no need to do anything, its destiny, simply inevitable.

if there is one situation wherein i'm sure we are all destined to become, I guess we will all die. :) that's our mortal destiny :) our mortal destination :) hehehe

do I believe in destiny? no I don't. chances and opportunity a definite yes. patience, hardwork, diligence, perseverance? absolutely. :)

The problem is, people do not want to find what their true destiny is.

Like I repeatedly said. Destiny is not something that will just magically land on your lap and everything else will fall into place. You got to work for it, sweat for it, bleed for it. You gotta be willing to live through the hardships until your destiny is revealed to you.

Most people if I may say so do not like hardships. Just because something is a little outside their comfort zone they will not step on it. They'd rather stay safe and comfortable

• 4 months later...

Yes- But one has the power to control it. Destiny isn't merely free-falling and just letting things happen. Great people did not become great because of divine providence alone. They worked hard to achieve their goals. Sometimes we get what we want or we achieve our goals, sometimes we don't, but that should not stop us from giving up so easily and leaving it all up to fate.

Some people will say- "Oh but I've done everything I can and still I failed (or I lost)- this must be my destiny!" Well it's not that you didn't try hard enough, maybe you did maybe you didn't, but I guess in the end, you just missed the opportunity. This is when your destiny is out of your hands.

No. I believe in statistics, not destiny. If the bible says that there only a few specks of gold among a lump of clay (only few will enter the heaven), its very logical since christians only make a small fraction of the total earth population. And among christians, only a small fraction is good enough for the heaven's qualification. But does the heaven already got a final guest list? NO! Its still up to us to get qualified or not!

Same goes for your career, lovelife, health, etc. Destiny is just a lazy excuse why you get a crappy job, a nagging wife (soulmate daw?! Di ka kasi sumo-ot ng condom!), or a cancer. But of course, statistics still plays a big part. You still get what you don't want.

Do you believe that certain things happen to you for a reason? That sometimes a certain sequence of events happen that bring to you a certain situation you never expected? Do you believe that there are people you are supposed to meet sometime in your life?

What do you guys think?

certain things happen for a reason? maybe. i have never been given a DEFINITE answer as to why s@%t happens.

certain sequence of events happen that bring to you a certain situation you never expected? this is just so vague. that's life in general. a sequence of events. and how can it be certain if you never expected it?

there are people you are supposed to meet sometime in your life? you'd meet tons of people. if they cross your way, then it looks like it.

Edited by coffeeholic
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes and No....

Yes because we all have our destiny.... every human, animal, plant, rock... atom... etc... are all destined to form this infinite universe..... each a part of something big....

And No, on the terms of having a future set in stone... everyone can change and our decisions vary... and futures change.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...