Most Depressing Movies You've Watched

• 2 weeks later...

Without a doubt, Schindler's List. We watched it in class and I cried like a baby... Actually, almost all of us did.

Also, Armaggedon's pretty depressing. And The Notebook =(

When it comes to documentary films, there was one about the My Lai Massacre that just depressed me so much, I couldn't eat for the rest of the day after I saw it

Edited by 1800donttry
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
wolf creek, it was based on a true story... the victims wasn't able to give any justice and the suspect was not found.. kakatakot

too bad haven't watched that... but thanx for the tip ms. mirang :cool: hope to check that out in debedee :lol:

for me, it's Million Dollar Baby, Fallen and Walk to Remember... howell...

schindler's list & the pianist

meron similarity ang story pero interesting and educational. kaya lang nakaka depress. nang napanuod ko 'to, nagsearch agad ako sa internet and there , nalaman ko mas matindi pa pala ang real life suffering at experiences ng mga tao noon. its so sad to know na ganun ang ngyari sa kanila during ww2. kawawa tlga mga tao esp. yung mga bata. helpless sila. buti n lang may nagsurvive s kanila at nai share nila sa mga tao worldwide yung stories of survival nila at mga lessons in life na natutunan.

Edited by mariejoy

Letters From Iwo Jima.

I saw it again last week. Makes you realize that no one benefits from war. You lose your sanity, a friend, a loved one, your conscience and your innocence. I felt so sorry for the Japanese who had to (or were obliged) commit "seppuku" or ritual suicide when they are faced with imminent defeat. It was a very unnecessary waste of manpower. The Japanese were very brave but they could've fought more effectively with better tactics than shock their enemies with the suicidal banzai charges. Very costly indeed!

True, the fil portrayed them justly, they were honorable and brave men. But as with a Hollywood production, they came from the "other side" and probably the mainstream audience cannot still comprehend that the Japanese, even during WW2 were human.

• 9 months later...