What Got You Started Into Gaming?

mayorsam

What's the game that made you say "Hey, this is fun. I wan't more."

For me, it's the original Diablo. I played other games before but I played them rather casually, with no real motivation to finish the game. But after Diablo, for almost every game that I play, if it has a single player campaign, I play to the finish.

So what's the game that got you started in the wonderful world of gaming? What lured you to the dark side?

• 2 months later...

Way back then..

Double dragon

then there was

Street Fighter 2

next came my all time fave:

Starcraft

The game that started me into RPGs

Tomb Raider 2

and of course FINAL FANTASY 7

NBA live anyone:?

Started with LIVE '99.. Played a lot of 2003... And simmlated a 82-7-7-7-7 season with 2004

MMORPG:

Ragnarok Online.. really getting into this right now

well, it was back in 1979. (matanda na ako) i was so mesmerized with a video game console called PONG. its controllers consist of 2 paddles connected to a single slot. after Pong, the Atari 2600 (or atari VCS) followed.

And in the early 80s I was so amazed with the movie ELECTRIC DREAMS that I started pestering my mother to buy me an Atari 800XL and a Commodore 64....and from then on my fascination with computer games grew tremendously up to the present day (my adult years).

I currently own a PS2, an Xbox, 16 PC units (networking business), Gameboy Advance SP and a ton of games in my Nokia 6600.

I am waiting for the Sony PSP to be release :D

Edited by Anaheim
  • 1 month later...

Before, I always thought that gaming was a waste of time, even though I grew up playing games, Atari, PC (PC-XT pa noon), game and watch, etc.

I stopped gaming for a long time, until ....

I open a Gaming Center.

That's when I started to enjoy Gaming again. Imagine that.

Hooked on Red Alert, then Counterstrike, then so on and so forth.

RPG games are my favorite! :)

What started my interest in this genre was Final Fantasy II and Legend of Zelda.

From then on, I would try to finish all the rpg games that I can get my hands on :D . . . starting from SNES until Playstation I. I have several memory cards of saved games of all the RPGs I have finished in PS I.

After PS I, I shifted to PC games. Got hooked with NeverwinterNights and multiplayer games like the Warcraft and Command & Conquer Series.

Then came Ragnarok . . . been playing it ever since, hehe :D

got addicted with tetris...battle city...pacman

tapos i got more serious with rockman/megaman series...then castlevania series

after that sa arcade...area 51, street fighter 2, daytona

sa PS...addict ako sa Grand Turismo, Grand Theft Auto series

sa Pc naman...Command and Conquer....tsaka Warcraft....ang hinde ko lang nakahiligang laro eh yung Counter strike....tsaka Ragnarok...ewan ko ba :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i got started early..... from game and watches, to atari (river raid, hero, combat) to nes family computer (moonwind, rockman, castlevania, super mario, contra), super famicom (super mario 3, rockman series, dragonball, final fantasy 6 [i even searched for the older final fantasy games....] crono trigger), playstation ( every final fantasy game that came out for the ps especially fftactics!) adn also pc gaming as well....by way of diablo...... i just love the interactive storytelling kasi....

• 2 weeks later...

I was born a gamer, started when I was about 5 with famicom games, can't remember the title but the game that really got me going was Final Fantasy VII - nothing beats it on my list. I'm currently waiting for the release of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children on DVD. Hopefully they'll release it in summer 2005. ARGH! I just hope that there'll be no delays of schedule. :)

What's the game that made you say "Hey, this is fun. I wan't more."

For me, it's the original Diablo. I played other games before but I played them rather casually, with no real motivation to finish the game. But after Diablo, for almost every game that I play, if it has a single player campaign, I play to the finish.

So what's the game that got you started in the wonderful world of gaming? What lured you to the dark side?

Pong in Atari ... Space Invaders and Pac Man in the Arcades.

Family Com games, especially Twin Bee!

Then there was Rogue, an RPG game in PC. Got me hooked in RPG for years, played Ultima, Dungeons and Dragons, Magic Candle etc.

I discovered playing turn based strategy games as fun, UFO : Unknown started another shift in my gaming taste.

Arcade shooters / sports, puzzle games and coffee break games fill my 10mins to 1hour gaming sessions. Star Control, Archon, Dark Legions, Doom, Bball, Lemmings and Micro Machines comes into mind. Playing hot-seat and LAN games = HEAVEN! Cooperative and competitive games is now a must for me to enjoy a game.

Then simulations, ATF series baby!

Then i found RTS, Starcraft:Broodwars is still the best. The start of my online gaming addiction. Played this game exclusively for 3+ years. With a dash of LAN Counterstrike games of course.

I almost play exclusive Mechwarrior : Mercenaries online nowadays. Team game = my next step.

But i also play "side games" from time to time (ie. Doom III, UT II, Tribes Vengeance, Magic the Gathering : Battlegrounds, etc.), but still nothing compare to my current favorite ... Mechwarrior : Mercenaries for almost 4 years now.