old skul lang hindi classic :sick:

eto naman my old ride 1965VW

post-27859-1120779641.jpg

eto pa old ride ko din

post-61-1088676668.jpg

1835cc VW short wheel base Buggy

Edited by suzuki

Hi, guys.

Nice thread. I like the pictures. Here are some of mine. This post is maybe five years too early, so forgive me, please. Am currently restoring a 1985 BMW 635 CSi. I've only had it for a short while. 'Twas a gift from my uncle and I was most grateful. He only buys German cars.

It's still a beautiful ride, not to mention a fast one. There are only five things that don't work: the trip-range computer, power windows motor (passenger side), automatic trunk-lid opener, cruise control (yes, manuals have them, too), and ABS sensor indicator. Everything else is good. I've already ordered the parts online.

A few days ago, however, I noticed that the ignition switch sometimes failed to turn over the engine and would do so only after several attempts. Could be an electrical problem. I hope not. I couldn't make any sense of the schematics (my uncle re-wired everything). I called the dealer and learned BMW wants $350 just to look at the problem. Nein, nein, nein!!

Over here (the U.S.), you really will learn how to do things yourself. A simple tune-up and diagnostics check will set me back by $1,000. Jeezus. That's a two-month luxury car payment already (or 4 to 5 for a good vehicle) or almost a week's paycheck. Ako na lang mag-tune-up. How difficult could it be?

One day, that car will be back in tip-top shape (and am sure my uncle will be wanting it back).

Back in H.S., I used to drive my mom's old 1970 1300 VW Beetle. I had the top lopped off and painted the body bright red. I don't have any pictures though. I miss that car. Also, we used to have a Mercedes 280 SE and several VW Combis. I forget the year models. I don't know what happened to those cars. They just disappeared. Sheesh.

Cheers!!

post-23284-1123721953.jpg

post-23284-1123721980.jpg

Edited by Podweed

poweed

hey man you got my dream car!!! hehe.

pare if that was any other car i would say go for the diy route...but i think you have to spend a little if you have a car like a Csi. it most probably is an electrical problem..it might just be your battery or alternator..but it can also be your computer box,fuel/air mixture,etc. thats best left to an expert. but the good sign there is it runs after a few tries...if its not palyado then i think its not a biggie.

back here there are shops that can diagnose for peanuts...its more a hobby than anything else...baka mayroon dyan ganyan din. those CASA are gona k*ll you.

do you plan to put a rear spoiler in the future? ganda yan men!!

poweed

hey man you got my dream car!!! hehe.

pare if that was any other car i would say go for the diy route...but i think you have to spend a little if you have a car like a Csi. it most probably is an electrical problem..it might just be your battery or alternator..but it can also be your computer box,fuel/air mixture,etc. thats best left to an expert. but the good sign there is it runs after a few tries...if its not palyado then i think its not a biggie.

back here there are shops that can diagnose for peanuts...its more a hobby than anything else...baka mayroon dyan ganyan din. those CASA are gona k*ll you.

do you plan to put a rear spoiler in the future? ganda yan men!!

Hey, crossroad.

Oh, you like it, huh? So do I. Hehe. There's nothing wrong with it except for what I listed. The engine's in excellent condition, producing a powerful, throaty roar whenever I put the pedal to the metal. That thing was built for German autobahns so U.S. Interstates don't even make it breathe hard. It doesn't need a tune-up yet. The platinum-tipped spark plugs will last 100,000 miles.

The dealer said to take it to a smaller shop specializing in older foreign makes to cut down on cost, and it's a good idea. www.thebenzbin.com is where I ordered parts. Both'll save me a bundle. My service rep said if one insists on fully restoring the 635 CSi, then he would instead insist on selling me a brand-new 3-series (you'd spend about the same). Hmmm, tempting... Nah, that can wait.

It's an expensive hobby alright and money doesn't grow on trees here. Fortunately, there's an extra car I can use so that'll spare the Bimmer a little more of the wear and tear.

Edited by Podweed
poweed

remember the CSi is already appreciating in value, while the new 3 series will devaluate when it goes out the showroom...hehe. nah just playing with you i know youre gonna keep the classic. post it when your finished with it...and dont forget the rear wing ok.

Oh, thanks. I didn't know that.

You see, am a new BMW driver (having had mostly Japanese sedans). Yes, I will keep the car not only because of your news, but 'twas a gift. I can never sell it. Hey, I got the trip-range computer to work. I just replaced a fuse. It's now counting the miles before I need to gas up. Perfect.

No wings, crossroad. Stock is best, I believe. Hehe. Thanks again for the tip. Today is Saturday (road-trip day) and I'll be heading to Miami on the turnpike. The car and I could use that nice drive (45 minutes).

Take care, guys. Have a wonderful weekend!!

Hi everyone,

I got a 1972 Super Beetle in silver. Charge it with 1641cc engine with 44mm twin carb weber.

It took me three years to restored it. But this time I want to make another classic VW for a year making or maybe a classic porsche.

For VW, I am looking either a 1303S or Karman ghia, but still its depend on the budget.