40 Something

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Currently at early 40's. Used to have a healthy lifestyle until Pandemic (Covid) came.. Then lost my old job only to get back to BPO (Night Shift). From 76kg  (best) balik-obese nanaman at 94kg with close to no Physical Activity due to work schedule plus unhealthy habits again. If only I could turn back time (2018-2019).....

On 2/11/2022 at 6:35 AM, Immortal666 said:

How do you do intermittent fasting?

you eat for a certain time lang bro, say 8 hours ka lang kakain from this time to this time then the time after the cut off wala ka ng kain.....that's how i understand it, di ako sure kung ganun yung intermittent fasting..

:)

I try to take the 12 hours ang kain lang then 12 hours after wala na....

mayrun nga OMAD tawag nila -- ONE MEAL A DAY!!

On 6/6/2022 at 6:29 AM, handsomebob said:

you eat for a certain time lang bro, say 8 hours ka lang kakain from this time to this time then the time after the cut off wala ka ng kain.....that's how i understand it, di ako sure kung ganun yung intermittent fasting..

I try to take the 12 hours ang kain lang then 12 hours after wala na....

mayrun nga OMAD tawag nila -- ONE MEAL A DAY!!

ang hirap ng ganon. di ko kaya. bawas p lng ng rice at tangal ng miryenda lng kaya ko. pero feeling laging gutom.  puro pagkain pa napapanaginipan ko. 

1 hour ago, Evil_damon said:

ang hirap ng ganon. di ko kaya. bawas p lng ng rice at tangal ng miryenda lng kaya ko. pero feeling laging gutom.  puro pagkain pa napapanaginipan ko. 

kaya nga ang bilis uminit ng ulo ko bro....you go to bed hungry tapos konting abala or problema iinit ulo mo agad....

pero tiis lang...malapit nako konting push na lang, hahahaha...

On 2/11/2022 at 6:35 AM, Immortal666 said:

How do you do intermittent fasting?

In my style, I do the 16:8 rule - specifically, my last meal is until 8 pm.  8 pm until 12 pm the next day, i can only have water, black brewed coffee, or natural tea.  NO FOOD.  NO INSTANT COFFEE OR INSTANT TEA OR ANY FLAVORED DRINKS.

Then from 12 pm to 8 pm, i indulge myself to eat anything i want.  even eating every hour and some cheat junk food.

In my early days of doing it, the challenge is the habit.  Iyung kahit hindi naman talaga ako gutom ay dapat may maramdamang pagkain ang bibig ko haha.

Mid 40s here. Still feel like I'm in my 20s though. 

"..old age just creeps up on you. Then the next thing you know you're asking yourself, I'm asking myself, 'Why can't a man act his real age?'.." -- David Kapesh

7 hours ago, themeatman79 said:

In my style, I do the 16:8 rule - specifically, my last meal is until 8 pm.  8 pm until 12 pm the next day, i can only have water, black brewed coffee, or natural tea.  NO FOOD.  NO INSTANT COFFEE OR INSTANT TEA OR ANY FLAVORED DRINKS.

Then from 12 pm to 8 pm, i indulge myself to eat anything i want.  even eating every hour and some cheat junk food.

In my early days of doing it, the challenge is the habit.  Iyung kahit hindi naman talaga ako gutom ay dapat may maramdamang pagkain ang bibig ko haha.

how about your weight bro?? do u lose weight, and if so, how much per week??

I think i still need to lose 0.05-0.07 of my body fat to get to 12-15% body fat (which is my goal, haha)

ako kasi no food after 7pm, pero 6am ang start ng kape ko....

workout plus diet plus no food after 7-730pm, from 78 kilograms to 69.9 kilograms in 3 months...

Late 40s and can still bench 1.5 times my weight. 

Until I got busy setting up a new business na sobrang stressful. Coping mechanism ko to destress is inom. Di nga ako tumataba kasi nasanay metabolism na mabilis but I am now having a beer belly. From waistline 30, masikip na sa akin ang 31. 

Hopefully, by July makapag workout ulit.

Regimen nung tiptop ako is to eat properly and regular exercise. By eating properly, I mean walang junk and process food. Kahit mayat maya ka pa kumain basta whole food at di calorie intensive. Vegetable and fruit salad, fish, beef, but no pork. Dami actually pwede kainin.  Once or twice a week ako nagbi beer to destress, di ako lumalaki or nagkakaroon ng tyan. Of course, wag ka lang mamulutan ng sisig or fatty foods. Isda lang. 

Edited by Centurion328
15 hours ago, handsomebob said:

how about your weight bro?? do u lose weight, and if so, how much per week??

I think i still need to lose 0.05-0.07 of my body fat to get to 12-15% body fat (which is my goal, haha)

ako kasi no food after 7pm, pero 6am ang start ng kape ko....

workout plus diet plus no food after 7-730pm, from 78 kilograms to 69.9 kilograms in 3 months...

I just measured myself today: 73 kg, 21% body fat

On 6/7/2013 at 2:26 PM, MRROUGHSEX said:

I just turned 40. Guys or girls of same age or even older please give ideas what to expect and things to do in the 40 something age. What's the good and bad side? Are there any pitfalls to avoid? Any exciting things in store? How did you guys hold up? Please share experiences for benefit of those entering or who are at this milestone age. For those who made it . . . kudos! And thanks in advance.

41 nko... I am feeling it... :)

• 3 weeks later...

At my 40's, +1 in a few months. Need to make that push to go have an Annual Health test and review my current health situation. Going 210 kilos. Stress with night shift work, lessen sex due to stressful work ni partner. di parin nakaka pag cope ang body clock. Need to lessen my body fat by 20%.

Emotional damage is not an option. Might stick to this page for some inspiration.

On 6/30/2022 at 4:23 AM, pax_nalang said:

At my 40's, +1 in a few months. Need to make that push to go have an Annual Health test and review my current health situation. Going 210 kilos. Stress with night shift work, lessen sex due to stressful work ni partner. di parin nakaka pag cope ang body clock. Need to lessen my body fat by 20%.

Emotional damage is not an option. Might stick to this page for some inspiration.

baka 210 pounds sir, 210 kilos is 432 pounds hehehehe...

but still how tall are you?? that's a red flag sa weight mo if you are not 6 foot and above...

I'm now 46, currently at 150 pounds, 5'10, almost 15% body fat!