• Please log in to reply
3859 replies to this topic

#21 tom

tom

Wolf

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts
  • Interests:basketball, girls, food, gimiks, parties!!!

Posted 12 February 2003 - 04:29 PM

pipol.. FHM party 2nyt at pier 1 at the Fort.. dun cla maui taylor, katya santos, andrea del rosario, sheree, jaka.. etc.. viva hot babes.. just wanna inform u coz im going.. c u nalang if ever.. :wizard:

#22 16track

16track

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 04:52 PM

katinkotom:

Power Golf in Valle Verde along Julia Vargas.....

Some good teachers there are: Flor De Leon--He's the oldest among the teachers but he's very good for begiiners. SOrt of like Yoda kung magturo. There's also Vic Granada, Doming Umadhay and Jess Garcia. They're all competent mentors. Not sure anymore but teaching rates should be around 200 to 300 pesos per session which lasts for about 1hour to 1 and half hours.

There's also a driving range in Fort Bonifacio called Kagitingan but its kind of small so medyo puno and range usually pag gabi or weekends. Pwede, kung maaga ka then you wont have problems.

Good luck and have fun!

#23 tom

tom

Wolf

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 05:00 PM

tnx.. yah i've inquired na nga e.. theres also a school n mkti e.. joe cantada school ata.. anways i'll ask about flor de leon.. oldest as in 80+ or 40+?

#24 Dahrel

Dahrel

Preserve yourself , brain , brawn and blood

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 05:03 PM

to the clubhouse team ...di ko pa try mag - golf , hope i can join you and learn from u guys ...

#25 chukchuck44

chukchuck44

MTC Tropang BATIBOT member

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,088 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, Formula 1, Karting, Airsoft......

Posted 12 February 2003 - 06:00 PM

PURO BIG TIME PALA ANG MGA TAO RITO........ :sick:

#26 Cuntooter

Cuntooter

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 01:56 AM

16 track,

I agree. John Hay is gorgeous!!! I played there holy week in 2001...and I was amazed at the transformation...having also played there in its "old" state. The preserved some holes, but only from a layout point of view. The grass is different...and the general "hilliness" is gone. I doesn't feel like a Baguio course....unlike the hilly Baguio country club or that infamous goat farm Marcos park. The greens are fantastic...bentgrass is unrivaled...well the newer tift eagle strain they use at Southwoods is pretty slick too. And I LOVE the fact that I needed 2 clubs less in that thin air! I felt like a tour pro....it was almost funny!

Katinkotom,

check out Bong Lopez' facility in alabang or gerard cantada in wack wack. They use computers to analyze your swing and find faults and fixes. kung magle-lesson ka lang naman...doon ka na sa magaling diba? nothing against the old pros....they're extremely skilled...but they don't have the benefits of modern training aids and updated instruction techniques. I was at power golf one day and overheard one of the pros there telling this 40-something guy to swing in a "barrell" and finish with his back in a reverse-c......like Jack Nicklaus did in the 70'S.....THE SEVENTIES! I started looking around for plaid pants and steel spikes and flaps on the golf shoes! I felt like telling the guy....find a more up to date instructor if you would like to have a life free from lower back problems. I took a lesson at Cantada's place and after hitting a few balls, we looked at my swing that was recorded into the computer, using software that he got from David Leadbetter's academy, and we looked at angles and super slow motion of the swing plane. We also compared my swing to the swings of PGA tour pros on file with the same body type...and I learned a TON about my own golf swing in that hour than I ever have. Six months after that lesson, my shots are higher and longer, I feel better over the ball, I can hit balls for hours without getting tired, and my scores have gotten lower. More importantly, the knowledge of my swing has given me the element of self-correction on the course....and as every golfer knows, that can turn a bad day into a good one. I'm not a great golfer by any means (THE SHANK is as incurable, infectious, and as painful as Herpes...it'll bite you in the ass when you least expect it...and it'll always be there) but I'm enjoying the game more now. :)

#27 Cuntooter

Cuntooter

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • 436 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 02:04 AM

by the way...I'm in now way affiliated with any instructor or institution....I just want my fellow golfers to improve at a good rate....masarap kasi.....

pero mas masarap si arianne! heeheehee :evil:

#28 16track

16track

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 08:59 AM

cuntooter:

That's a very good point you brought out. BOng Lopez is an extremely gifted golfer AND teacher. Currently, he's the main reason why Jennifer Rosales has improved so much in the US LPGA.

Gerard Cantada's school does it differently but they're also very effective. Their school is indoors ( indoors pa ba? I haven't checked lately) which means there is no full distance driving range. But this is also okay as their approach is to build up a golfer's fundamental swing first ---rightly believing that good basics and theory will make good results.

No argument there.

BTW, if you have time, check out INtramuros Night Golf. No sun, no heat, no sweat. Just the soothing evening breeze and night sky surrounding you. There are enough floodlights that you can't loose your ball as long as you're in the short grass or don't go out of Bounds.

You're right about John Hay. Ganda talaga!
When Fil-Estate Development finally settle their pending legal case with the BCDA, it'll be a good time to invest in the club as shares right now are less than PhP 250,000 in the market. Besides, the hotel in Camp John Hay is very affordable at only 2,200 pesos a night. Not bad for the best hotel in Baguio.

Cheers!

#29 Cuntooter

Cuntooter

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • 436 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 12:02 AM

16 track,

Gerard Cantada also teaches at the wack wack driving range, which is a great place to practice. They've also installed a new short game practice facility there (bunkers and all), so now you'll be able to review your entire game there...from big stick to flat stick :)

#30 bananatype

bananatype

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 09:27 AM

partners,

villamor is also a good place to start. it has a driving range, quite old though, that has every type of a pro that one may need. it also has two practice greens for putting and another for pitching and chipping. it also has a practice bunker.

villamor is where some of the top local pros practice. there you'll regularly see casas, pacto, santia, cuello, eso. these are touring pros with swings that are quite sound and good to follow. i suggest you get the older teaching pros like amboy lumawag, sapay, etc...

you can learn everything you want in golf in villamor. plus, it is a great course in itself. it is long, winding and narrow and full of trees. exciting to play though and very challenging. not all par 4s need a driver off the tee. with a long and straight drive, all par 5s are reachable in two. par 3s range from 160 to 210 yards.

try it guys.

#31 anika

anika

MTC Doctor

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 10:37 PM

Any female golfers here? :rolleyes:

#32 Guest_templar_*

Guest_templar_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2003 - 01:42 PM

The Tiger is back!....just won the Buick Invitational !

#33 16track

16track

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 17 February 2003 - 02:40 PM

Ibang klase talaga si Tiger Woods!

#34 big_D

big_D

P.U.S.S.Y. Founder

• Ambassador
  • 2,125 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, Golf, Swimming, Taekwondo, Basketball...

Posted 17 February 2003 - 02:42 PM

Hi Guys.. I started Playing golf since 1998..pero off & on kaya handicap ko maximun palagi..I've tried in Orchard, wack wack, veterans, john hay...I'm a member of alabang country club but believe me or not.di pa ako nakakalaro..hehehe..anyway, with guys here...meron na akong golf buddy mates at siguro matututo na ako ng husto..kasi kailangan lang talaga ang practice..... :)

#35 tom

tom

Wolf

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 18 February 2003 - 11:49 AM

Katinkotom,

check out Bong Lopez' facility in alabang or gerard cantada in wack wack. They use computers to analyze your swing and find faults and fixes. kung magle-lesson ka lang naman...doon ka na sa magaling diba? nothing against the old pros....they're extremely skilled...but they don't have the benefits of modern training aids and updated instruction techniques. I was at power golf one day and overheard one of the pros there telling this 40-something guy to swing in a "barrell" and finish with his back in a reverse-c......like Jack Nicklaus did in the 70'S.....THE SEVENTIES! I started looking around for plaid pants and steel spikes and flaps on the golf shoes! I felt like telling the guy....find a more up to date instructor if you would like to have a life free from lower back problems. I took a lesson at Cantada's place and after hitting a few balls, we looked at my swing that was recorded into the computer, using software that he got from David Leadbetter's academy, and we looked at angles and super slow motion of the swing plane. We also compared my swing to the swings of PGA tour pros on file with the same body type...and I learned a TON about my own golf swing in that hour than I ever have. Six months after that lesson, my shots are higher and longer, I feel better over the ball, I can hit balls for hours without getting tired, and my scores have gotten lower. More importantly, the knowledge of my swing has given me the element of self-correction on the course....and as every golfer knows, that can turn a bad day into a good one. I'm not a great golfer by any means (THE SHANK is as incurable, infectious, and as painful as Herpes...it'll bite you in the ass when you least expect it...and it'll always be there) but I'm enjoying the game more now. :)

alabang is far from my place.. wack wack is nearer.. can u give me the contact number of gerard cantada? or pasok lng ako dun straight and inquire? how much rates ni bong lopez & gerard cantada? im really pusuing this..

#36 tom

tom

Wolf

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 18 February 2003 - 11:50 AM

diba dapat memeber ka pa sa wack wack bago ka maka-play?

#37 Cuntooter

Cuntooter

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • 436 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 05:11 AM

Katinkotom,

2k pero lesson si Cantada. I lost my old sim card and his number was there, but you can just go to the driving range at wack wack and inquire. no need to be a member. worth it yan pare. :)

#38 ilongoboy

ilongoboy

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, golf and Boracay

Posted 19 February 2003 - 05:40 AM

I wish I had noticed this topic a few weeks ago while working in Makati. Anyhow, my next trip to Manila is in July 2003, I've been playing for 4 years, not that great but love to play the game. Let me know if anyone can play during the week or weekends. I want to try Evercrest in Tagaytay on my next trip or other courses you guys may recommend.

This past trip I was able to play Canlubang twice and another golf course in Bacolod. Anyone interested in playing you can email me at ilongoboy@hotmail.com

#39 16track

16track

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 08:36 AM

Mga Bro dito sa Clubhouse:

Lets organize a game and play! What do you think?

#40 Guest_templar_*

Guest_templar_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2003 - 09:00 AM

Call ako dyan...basta weekend and at least 1-week prior notice para makapag-driving range muna...he he he he!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users