Hard Core Gyms

• 4 weeks later...

i read the Bill Starr 5x5 Primer at the Eclipse website and i have a few questions.

01. does the 5x5 primer strictly follow this same program? what if supposing the squats and dynamic rows will be replaced with other free weights compoud exercises? like for instance a bench press followed by an incline press, will that no longer be a 5x5 bill star program or will it just not be as effective as what’s listed?

02. The Phase2 program is listed as:

Workout 1 (monday)

Bench:115x3, 155x3, 200x3

Squat: 200x3x3 (warmup 95x5, 155x5)

Row: 200x3x3 (warmup 135x5)

Workout 2 (wednesday)

Deadlift: 245x5x5 (warmup 135x5, 205x2)

Military press: 95x3x3

Pullups: Bodyweight x3x3 + 20lbs

Workout 3 (friday)

Bench: 185x3x3

Squat: 135x3, 175x3, 215x3

Row: 135x3, 175x3, 215x3

This is no longer a 5x5 or is it? Since it doesn’t follow the formula 5sets & 5 reps

03. i see lifters do a bench press followed by an incline press then decline press. Is that effective?

thanks.

Edited by hellgate

The program was written in a way that there is a method behind the madness. Chanign everything will hinder its true potential.

many people want to customize everything, yet lack the knowledge and experience to do so.

If you want the best results, stick to the program as written

i read the Bill Starr 5x5 Primer at the Eclipse website and i have a few questions.

01. does the 5x5 primer strictly follow this same program? what if supposing the squats and dynamic rows will be replaced with other free weights compoud exercises? like for instance a bench press followed by an incline press, will that no longer be a 5x5 bill star program or will it just not be as effective as what’s listed?

02. The Phase2 program is listed as:

Workout 1 (monday)

Bench:115x3, 155x3, 200x3

Squat: 200x3x3 (warmup 95x5, 155x5)

Row: 200x3x3 (warmup 135x5)

Workout 2 (wednesday)

Deadlift: 245x5x5 (warmup 135x5, 205x2)

Military press: 95x3x3

Pullups: Bodyweight x3x3 + 20lbs

Workout 3 (friday)

Bench: 185x3x3

Squat: 135x3, 175x3, 215x3

Row: 135x3, 175x3, 215x3

This is no longer a 5x5 or is it? Since it doesn’t follow the formula 5sets & 5 reps

03. i see lifters do a bench press followed by an incline press then decline press. Is that effective?

thanks.

First off. you don't need supplements, you have to get your eating habits in check first.

for your routine, read this: http://www.eclipsegym.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=57

any more questions, feel free to ask

Bro, do you have a suggested boxer's program? More on boxing and cardio yung training ko and I rarely lift weights. I don't wanna bulk up baka kasi macompromise yung movement. Pang define ng cuts and for additional strength lang. Thanks bro!

• 2 years later...

Hi,

As I have surveyed all the gyms in Makati: I must say you should try Dusit Thani gym and you will like it. Membership rates are competitive much lower than other 5 star hotels and lower than fitness first too. Crowd are ok and better than commercial gyms. Cleanliness and friendliness of staff are plus with hotel service of course.

anyone knows of a good gym in makati?

• 2 years later...

Hi Jacques,

I'm wondering, do you compete as a bodybuilder?

If so, I was wondering if you could share some contacts for "gear" and do you have any knowledge about contest prep?

And yes, I am educated in training methods, eating habits, proper cycling, dosage and post cycle therapy.

Will wait for a reply.

cheers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

There's a gym in Cubao wherein the Powerlifting athletes usually train. No A/C, no fancy equipments. It was featured in one famous magazine before. Can't remember the name.

Zest Power Gym, sir. I tried a session there sobrang panalo. Yung kasabay ko pa mga hardcore kids. I swear, nagshrink yung quads ko nung nakita ko mga squats nila.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Boss san banda yung zest gym dito sa may cubao? Lilipat kasi ako ng gym,gusto ko kasi maperfect yung mga compound lifts like squat, deadlift, etc. Yung current gym ko kasi parang ewan lang. Nagpaturo ako sa instructor ng power cleans hindi nya alam kung anong exercise yun. Bwiset

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just curious. How would you define a Hard Core Gym? Is it based solely on equipment alone?

Hardcore Gyms are usually those gyms that have an equipment allowing you to lift heavier than the usual. These kind of gyms typically have dumbells exceeding 150lbs. and a lot -- A LOT of barbell plates which weigh more than a hundred pounds each.

It can differ according to the user, but definitely, it is not your usual mainstream (not to say expensive) gyms around the metro.

Just my two cents.