• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Mark Santos

Mark Santos

Bizman

• Prime Mover
  • 10,567 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 04:47 PM

Concept is great! We all love to get away most of the time. Unfortunately the program/game quality is very poor.

#2 spongebobby

spongebobby

the one with square pants

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Interests:the philosophy of spongebob squarepants.

Posted 28 January 2007 - 02:24 PM

there is a new virtual world today called second life. it is a 3-d virtual world built and owned by its residents. since opening to the public in 2003, it has grown explosively and today is inhabited by a total of 2,972,641 people from around the globe. i thought it was a western phenomenon until i came across some chinese and koreans as well.

some key features
virtual career, real money: some people have even left their real jobs to be in second life fulltime, earning money from their virtual world. the currency is linden dollars (about 270 linden dollars to 1 usd). you will get paid via paypal or some other medium.

virtual pickups: yes you can pick up any of the residents in second life. the only problem is they may be nowhere near where you are physically present.

virtual meetings: your company can potentially conduct board meetings or market your products in this virtual world.

and probably the most important thing is, you can be anyone what you want to be in this virtual world.

check out the site: http://secondlife.com/

#3 CodenameV

CodenameV

Knowing is not enough; we must apply

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:Media Collector (Audio CD's, DVD's. Comic books, Manga, Management books/ Self Help books)<br /><br />Toy Colector (Action figures, SOC's, Happy Meal toys)<br /><br />Gadget Freak (Computers, Cellphones, PDA's)<br /><br />Jack of all trades and Master of none. Good enough but not great.

Posted 28 January 2007 - 03:26 PM

From what i have seen, this is actually just an online version of Sims. About those people earning real money, expect those things to fade as people realize that the real thing is better than a virtual simulation. This is just a bubble waiting to burst.

Edited by lurker252, 28 January 2007 - 03:26 PM.

#4 girlontop

girlontop

Chaser

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:36 PM

I tried downloading it... But it didnt really work with my PC. It looks really fun, though. I heard a lot more companies are looking into it- trying to get their products into second life.

I particularly liked choosing my SL name... :) Funny names to choose from...

#5 krenz

krenz

Devirginized

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 09:30 PM

From what i have seen, this is actually just an online version of Sims. About those people earning real money, expect those things to fade as people realize that the real thing is better than a virtual simulation. This is just a bubble waiting to burst.

I concur!

#6 iwalkalone

iwalkalone

†Uh-uh Degg-degg†

• (13) Giga Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,863 posts
  • Interests:shorten please. Thanks.

Posted 26 February 2007 - 11:07 AM

sounds fun ah...ma check nga yan...hehehe
thanks

#7 Riot6

Riot6

Looker

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 02:56 PM

Although I've not signed-up for Second Life, I don't think the bubble will burst. In fact I don't think there is a bubble. Second Life had been in existence and in constant software upgrades and user growth even before the currrent hype fueled by a few articles in Wired and other weekly magazines.

I think this is no more than another MMORPG. It has a different flavor and not as "adventure" driven as othe MMORPGs.

As for the people making money in it...well, there will always be people making money off these types of online communities. After all, a lot of people are too lazy or not tech-savvy enough, or don't want to spend all their time online building up their characters or designing their clothes, houses, etc. Some people would rather just pay someone to do it all for them as a short cut.

But yeah, real life is actually more fun.

#8 fry

fry

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 12:31 PM

What could be better than Second Life? First Life of course! :D
http://www.getafirstlife.com/

Edited by fry, 01 March 2007 - 12:33 PM.

#9 IngrEs

IngrEs

EquinoX®

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 05:24 PM

funny tong online game na to, me mga banatan hahahaha. you'll have to dance, clean the town to earn $$

#10 KissMoKoSabayHug

KissMoKoSabayHug

Looker

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:12 AM

banatan ba ika mo? check this out!
http://redlightcenter.com
mabigat nga lang sa download na 440mb!

#11 THE DESTROYER

THE DESTROYER