Worst School In The Philippines

Medina College in Ozamis City

Bagsakan nang mga kickout. Galing ibang schools from all over the Philippines. Bagsak from Siliman U, Cebu Doctors, Liceo de Cagayan, Davao Doctors, San Pedro Collage, dito lumilipat. So sa taga Medina, got some friends there. Had a fellow intern who doesnt not even know how to take a BP.

am a mapuan, sad to say the quality of educ of my alma mater is gradually diminishing....during those days, banners of topnotchers at the gate are hanging everytime a board exam was conducted...but look at it now...31% passing rate...on the other hand, am still proud that the no.1 spot still belongs to MIT..proud pa rin...peace

UP/ 34 EXAMINEES/ 31 PASSERS/ 91% PASSING RATE

ATENEO/ 44 EXAMINEES/ 25 PASSERS/ 57.00% PASSING RATE

DLSU/ 77 EXAMINEES/ 55 PASSERS/ 71.00% PASSING RATE

UST/ 120 EXAMINEES/ 76 PASSERS/ 63.00% PASSING RATE

MAPUA/ 232 EXAMINEES/ 73 PASSERS/ 31.00% PASSING RATE

• 2 weeks later...
am a mapuan, sad to say the quality of educ of my alma mater is gradually diminishing....during those days, banners of topnotchers at the gate are hanging everytime a board exam was conducted...but look at it now...31% passing rate...on the other hand, am still proud that the no.1 spot still belongs to MIT..proud pa rin...peace

ATENEO/ 44 EXAMINEES/ 25 PASSERS/ 57.00% PASSING RATE

DLSU/ 77 EXAMINEES/ 55 PASSERS/ 71.00% PASSING RATE

UST/ 120 EXAMINEES/ 76 PASSERS/ 63.00% PASSING RATE

MAPUA/ 232 EXAMINEES/ 73 PASSERS/ 31.00% PASSING RATE

MIT --> Commercialized

took my post-grad dyan sa mapua, it was during that time acquire pa lang cla ng YGC. sad to say i observed that most faculty (i know most of them, kasama ko pa nga d2 sa work 2 former profs) members are into it for the money. the ones who are of the cutting-edge of their fields either left for Japan or worked for us. :evil:

I'm not an Atenean. To those who posted comments, I respect your views. Here's mine... The way I see it, I think it's better to give ADMU the benefit of the doubt. Some would say this school is good, that school is bad, so on and so forth. The way I see it, while I admit there are shitty, crappy schools out there - the so-called "Diploma Mills" (they should be closed down), I believe no one school is practically better or superior over the others. Some schools are good in a particular field while some provide topnotch grads in fields like Law, Humanities, Medicine, Engineering, etc.

Linya-linya lang yan. And di porke grad ang isang tao ng isang big name university magaling siya. Some grads from public schools, government-owned institutions will give people like them a run for their money. It's not the school. It boils down to the individual's talent, character, the motivation to succeed and the will to make a difference. Kumbaga, it's not the arrow. It's the indian.

My 2 cents' worth.

selected results from the November ECE Board Exam Results published by the PRC. look it up.

34 na nga lang examinees, hindi pa pumasa lahat?? what the?!

my question is, how many does UP allow to enroll in this program as entrants? how many does it weed out each year level? ganun naman yun e. para mataas passing rate, konti lang papa-graduate para makapag exam. if UP had 200+ examinees like mapua, could UP still get the 91% passing rate? i have huge doubts.

those kids already had the brains for it even before they entered UP. mas impressive yung bumagsak sa UPCAT kaya nag-enrol na lang sa mapua, tapos pumasa sa ECE board exam. it may mean, mapua did a good job. conversely... :rolleyes:

^^ It's not UP's problem if it has fewer examinees compared to other schools such as Mapua. We can't even generalize that if Mapua just had lower number of examinees it could attain a higher passing rate.

The number of examinees is not really a concern here. For example, if only 1 examinee took the board exam from a school,

there are two possibilities for them: a 100% passing rate and a 0% passing rate. We have to take into consideration that what we are computing is the passing RATE, it means that while Mapua had many graduates, among those graduates statistically speaking n% of them can pass the boards. Just the same for UP, for those who passed the curriculum thus graduating from UP and were able to take the board exam, n% of them passed. Thus, we can generalize that graduates of a school with higher passing rate MIGHT have had a better training during their undergraduate years. But then again, there is still this review session span for all examinees which can spell difference also..

34 na nga lang examinees, hindi pa pumasa lahat?? what the?!

my question is, how many does UP allow to enroll in this program as entrants? how many does it weed out each year level? ganun naman yun e. para mataas passing rate, konti lang papa-graduate para makapag exam. if UP had 200+ examinees like mapua, could UP still get the 91% passing rate? i have huge doubts.

those kids already had the brains for it even before they entered UP. mas impressive yung bumagsak sa UPCAT kaya nag-enrol na lang sa mapua, tapos pumasa sa ECE board exam. it may mean, mapua did a good job. conversely... :rolleyes:

The reason why UP keeps the number of enrollees in some course offerings small is to keep a faculty-student ratio. As for not getting a 100% passing rate in those boards, perfection is only something that can be aspired for, and at times, happily attained temporarily. It gives reason for celebration. If UP doesn't get the highest passing rate in their enrollee bracket, then I would say UP did something wrong.

worst school....maybe CHED and DepED...kasi they don't know what quality education is...imagine they don't close schools which produces mediocre graduates....

Imagine also CHED gives some colleges and university autonomous status kasi quality schools daw...really...how can that be...when the qualifications of the faculty and facilities of the schools are really low... :blink:

Namei polytechnic college or university. I had to take some summer classes back when I was in highschool in CSA coz i left mid-year for my cousins wedding in the states. I was supposedly studying 3rd year mathematics but when I went in Namei they taught me fractions, whole numbers, how to get the denominator bla bla bla..basically grade 4 math. I had to ask if thats what they teach the 3rd yrs in their school coz I was assuming there was some mistake, to my surprise un na nga ung pang 3rd year nila O.o

I consider the best schools to be those who provide the widest array of opportunities to students on learning and experience; like, if they have a vast knowledge base were students can learn ( e.g. excellent teachers) and an environment conducive to learning new things. I would say the worst schools would exhibit the lack of opportunity to discover new things.

If so, An all-boys or all-girls school would be a likely candidate for worst school because there's not much to learn on sexual education.. unless.. joke joke =)

the school headed by this priest

taena brad walang ganyanan....kilala ko yan....pinahirapan din ako nyan makakuha ng allocation para sa Student Council funds :lol:

pero seriously....just because bulok ang sistema nila (as you claim) doesn't mean worst school na sya..... I am, after all this time, darn proud of Letran....

Edited by Waterbearer
from the atenista.net forums:

april 2006 ECE board - ateneo de manila 3/7 42.8%, UP 9/9 100%

november 2005 ECE board - ateneo de manila 57%, UP 95%

november 2003 ECE (ateneo's first board year) - ateneo de manila 18/20 90%, DLSU 46/74 62%, UP 18/18 100%

It's not that bad....considering the majority graduate in April and take the exams in November......those who take the April exams are usually ....summer graduates..

and besides, ECE is just one course.....and impliedly....your slamming the entire university.

Edited by Waterbearer