Laptop/Notebook Owners

i have an 2ndhand toshiba portege... kahit luma na its still very reliable... maganda feedback lagi sa mga toshiba notebooks...

in my experience, assuming that the notebooks have the same specs, mas mabagal ang compaq and dell... also pag tagal bumagal ibang notebooks maybe due to wear and tear...

NEO and ECS produces the cheapest notebooks currently in the market... i read that ECS uses processors meant for PCs kaya they are bigger and are actually marketted as PC alternatives and not as notebooks because walang internal battery (pero they now produce true blue notebooks now).

wala namang mabagal na notebook, syempre depende sa specs ang bibilhin, kung kukunin mong specs ay, Pentium M 1.7GHz with 512MB of memory and Ati 9700 64MB dedicated video memory with Centrino technology, kahit anong brand ang may ganyang specs sigurado mabilis, magkakatalo na lang sa price at bundled software...

• 2 weeks later...

The OS is XP pro and the bundled software was ok. It was missing office but I easily remedied that. The Speed is, of course, not as good as my desktop (pentium 4) but it's good enough since I'm not supposed to use it for games and stuff. Tried loading all the office aplications all at once. Powerpoint, excel, word. The response time was quite good. Not great but good enough.

The weight. It was ok given it's size but i think it could have been built a bit lighter. I was able to carry it around Makati for about an hour or 2 before I got tired. (yabang no? buti na lang ndi na snatch, wehehehe)

The Screen. It was kinda ok. Not the best quality when you comapre it to Panasonic or Fujitsu notebooks, but good enough. Tried to use it to watch DVDs and the quality and color was a bit better when you compare it with what you get when you watch it on TV.

The Drive. This is the best part. I tried playing DVDs, VCDs, Audio CDs, Data, even burning a couple and the speed was excellent. give the processor and the 256 RAM. It's more than what I expected. The only drawback is when you use pirated cds with the sticker label. I think it's just to think and it comes into contact with the roof. It makes this tiny annoying sound and kinda heats up the CD. other than that. :cool:

More later...

• 4 weeks later...
hey guys! just got an old notebook from an auction in our office. its a compaq armada 1540dm. medyo outdated na and operating on a win 95 OS. I'm planning to change the os. what OS do you recommend for this old type of laptop?

win98 Second Edition. Di nyan kaya ang ibang OS due to its low specs.

Which is better? Mac or Windows laptop? I might buy one but i don't know which one. Sa Mac kasi may ready program na ata na pwede ka mag edit ng movies and burn it into a DVD.

Fallen Samurai, lots of video enthusiast use mac as their primary video editing machine -- because its easy to use and better performance. However, intel/windows combination is fast catching up -- and much-much cheaper solution. All that you mentioned (burn dvd, edit movies) are now available on windows laptop plus more. You may also want to read this article: http://asia.cnet.com/newstech/perspectives...39133745,00.htm

my notebook specs:

HP Pavilion ZE5570

2.88GHZ

60GB

512MB (1Dimm)

CD-RW/DVD combo

WIFI -802.11G (Up to 50MBPS!!!)

IR

Firewire

USB

Videon Out and VGA mode

ATI Radeon 9000 64MB

15"

This units rocks.. barely used for 3months

I'm thinking of letting this baby go since I need cash for my planned business..

anyone interested PM me.

If you plan to buy any brand of Laptops/PC, Call me at Digital forPlay, Inc.

Tel. No. 722-9108 to 09. We also sell computer parts, gadgets, cameras and may more.... special discount on MTC Member just look for chris

I have a friend who is looking to buy a laptop, at least PII366 and priced between 15 to 20 t... I am also looking for 128mb PC100 memory....

We only carry Pentium 4 M and Intel Centrino base laptop. If your friend is looking for PII laptop i have one unit in my ofc. Toshiba Brand

Thanks for replying....Yung friend ko di niya gusto yung bago dahil ang kailangan daw nya ay word processing lang para sa kanyang thesis... I'll pass the info to my friend...Salamant

hey guys! just got an old notebook from an auction in our office. its a compaq armada 1540dm. medyo outdated na and operating on a win 95 OS. I'm planning to change the os. what OS do you recommend for this old type of laptop?

Sorry Guys, too much work. Haven't been able to go online much.

Bro,

Sprear's right. That Laptop won't be able to handle too much. You could try 98 on it but i can't guarantee it'll be any better.

Which is better? Mac or Windows laptop? I might buy one but i don't know which one. Sa Mac kasi may ready program na ata na pwede ka mag edit ng movies and burn it into a DVD.

Fallen,

Buy a MAC, trust me, It's worth it ;)

Not contradicting Kul in anyway but, although the Intel/Windows is "trying" to catch up with the media power of a MAC, right now, it's to much of a hassle. Nothing beats the best in Multimedia. When i say THE BEST, it's D MAC.

If you plan to buy any brand of Laptops/PC, Call me at Digital forPlay, Inc.

Tel. No. 722-9108 to 09. We also sell computer parts, gadgets, cameras and may more.... special discount on MTC Member just look for chris

do you have the IBM Thinkpad T41 or the Apple PowerBook G4/G5?

my notebook : Asus M24 Pentium IV Mobile 2.0g

fast, lots of features, durable, light

my only gripe is the hot swappable CDRW DVD/ROM Combo

does not read anymore and im tired of bringing it back

to the supplier. brought it back 5x already

probably would buy an external CD drive :( :(

hey I have heard the Macs are great!! any truth to this? dito sa Pinas, it's more of the Microsft PCs

sure macs look real cool. but getting to really like using it is an aquired taste. ive been using macs for all my creative work at school. but at the end of the day, id still come home to a win xp computer. :D

theres nothing you can do on a mac that you cant do on a pc! unless of course you use specialty programs like final cut pro.

I use an Apple iBook. I'm very satisfied with it. It's easy to use... actually, I find it easier to use than a PC. However, it's quite difficult to obtain third-party software for it. Bihira ang pirated, unlike sa PC.

It comes with a bundled software, though, like Appleworks, iTunes, iPhoto, iCal. Let's you do much of your personal stuff. And, MiRC does not have an installer for it.

But still, for a personal computer, I find it very satisfying.