Game of Thrones

I'm surprised no one posted this yet. I've tried searching and nothing came up. Kindly merge if there are similar threads.

http://www.daemonstv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/game-of-thrones-hbo-poster-05.jpeg

So what can you say about the 2 episodes? And can I ask the book readers not to post spoilers?

from what little i got after a quick google, parang hindi pa yata tapos kasi yung book series.

i just hope it doesn't go like the sword of truth series.

but since it's under HBO, i'm optimistic that it'd turn out well.

at the very least all the expected T&A should go a looooong way :lol:

speaking of, can someone be a dear and post some :P

Saw the first two episodes and they are very well done. The episodes have been quite faithful to the source text and since HBO siya, there is no shortage of blood, gore and nudity. I hope that they keep the quality up. On a side note, after just 1 episode, HBO has already decided to renew the series for another year. I just hope that George RR Martin finishes the book series by the forth season (assuming they follow the book chronology).

I have copies of the books myself, but I'm not really into high fantasy although I love most of it's adaptations.

The foreign names and terminologies I find a little bit overwhelming.

I enjoyed the 2 episodes and I'm thrilled about the series being renewed for the second season.

I'm not sure if the book readers are satisfied. You can post spoilers, just don't forget to begin with a caveat.

I hope this one won't suffer the same fate as Rome.

Edited by Leyna

I like the series too, except for too many characters. I guess this is better than Rome and The Seeker.

I would like to agree that its better than The Seeker (ung nasa Studio 23), parang pilit kasi ung dating ng The Seeker eh.

However Rome is still in a league of its own. From the production values to the research to the overall feel of the series and the duration, panalo tlga.

Game of Thrones imho is good so far and I certainly hope na malalagpasan nya ung Rome in due time.

Expectations are high and I hope that they can live up to it.

The first two episodes were more into introducing the characters and setting up the breadth of the Series. Looks like so far they are not deviating too much from the books as the print series does have its faithful followers. But the seeds of conflict are being shown. It would be a massive undertaking as there are different families and places to showcase - hopefully HBO does a good job of maintaining the storyline.

George R. R. Martin, the writer of the book said he will finish the 4th one this July 2011. There is much material in just the first three books so I think if the interest is sustained - this will be a long series.

The first two episodes were more into introducing the characters and setting up the breadth of the Series. Looks like so far they are not deviating too much from the books as the print series does have its faithful followers. But the seeds of conflict are being shown. It would be a massive undertaking as there are different families and places to showcase - hopefully HBO does a good job of maintaining the storyline.

George R. R. Martin, the writer of the book said he will finish the 4th one this July 2011. There is much material in just the first three books so I think if the interest is sustained - this will be a long series.

Its the 5th book sir.

Game of Thrones

Clash of Kings

Storm of Swords

Feast of Crows

They are planning something like 10 eps per book so it won't be too dragging. Hope that this will get George to write faster though. When Feast came out 2005 he said the next book was almost done. 6 years later he delivers. :P

Thanks dabsj - I stand corrected. You are right. Should have checked my sources. He was scheduled to have a book signing here in halifax but this did not push through. Looks like HBO is now monopolizing his time. Let's wait if he does meet July 2011.

Am still not comparing it to Rome - to early with only a couple of episodes.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely much, much better than Camelot imo

I second that. Been watching Camelot as well, but so far it's kinda boring and the story is dragging. Too much hype I guess. Game of Thrones is way better.

Cool ending for episode 4, with everyone's sword pointed at Tyrion's neck. ^_^

For the whole family? With nudity, cussing and homosexual characters?

LOL. Though not all episodes are unsettling, I don't think it's for everyone. A lot of violence, nudity and even incest. Maybe he's pertaining to a family of mature audiences. :P

Peter Dinklage is brilliant as always. Love that last episode!

• 2 weeks later...