Who Is The Best General?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

for me, to become a good general, you have to be a good tactician, maximus from the movie gladiator showed that he is a good tactician after all. Odysseus is also a good tactician, Leonidas is ok if you would base it from the movie but in reality, spartans are the best tacticians in our history. most formations being used by the military was conceptualized by them.

In LOTR, I would say that Gandalf is the one pulling the strings in the trilogy.

achilles is a good fighter and i admire the fighting scenes brad pitt did, especially the fight with hector but i dont think achilles is a tactician. he is just a very skilled warrior with very skilled men. but in hand to hand combat, i would say Riddick is my guy!

I would say Maximus would be my bet as the best general for me as depicted in the movie. I would have picked John Rambo if he is a general but he is not. But he is a really good tactician, same with Bruce Wayne....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...