Senate Election 2019 Politics

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
666 replies to this topic

#1 FleurDeLune

FleurDeLune

The Lightworker

• 5146 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 12:48 PM

You may start now your countdown till the day of judgment -- May 13, 2019.

An MTC-based poll will soon be posted either in this thread or a separate one so as to monitor the list of your senatorial bets.

Related links:

Edited by FleurDeLune, 24 October 2018 - 10:40 AM.

#2 rhubs

rhubs

Kaladkarin

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1683 posts
  • Interests:Photography

Posted 19 October 2018 - 04:19 PM

Attached File  HeIsTheSenate.jpg   10.21KB   0 downloads

Edited by rhubs, 19 October 2018 - 04:19 PM.

#3 Bolj

Bolj

Libertine

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 04:46 PM

Who are the candidates from the yellows again? Seems they are ashamed being associated with the Palpak streaks.

#4 MykG2G

MykG2G

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 10:48 AM

How do you know? Actually Yellow candidates are more capable than the #TeamChina Candidates the like of Bato, BongaGo, Fredie Aguilar, Telentino are far below than the likes of Hilbay, Diokno, Aquino, Alejano, Tanada, Macalintal. Com'on we are electing Legislator not a circus performer. 

I saw bato how he looks and his inputs about rising inflation, aun, butata he admitted that he doest know about economics same with BongGago. 

Who are the candidates from the yellows again? Seems they are ashamed being associated with the Palpak streaks.

#5 MykG2G

MykG2G

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 11:15 AM

You mean palpak streak are the promise to:

1. "3-6 months malinis ang bayang ito"

2. "3 days wala ng rice cartel"

3. "jetski.. dala ko flag ng Pinas, itatanim ko"

4. "ayaw ko talga.. only "whiff of corruption"

5. "unang araw pa lng, walang ng Endo"

6. "pag ako nahalal, ibalik ko sa inyo ang coco levy fund"

7. "Tataasan ko sweldo ng guro"

Anyare???? 

But instead ito nangyare:

1. Tons worth billions of drugs came in

2. Rising Prince commodity thus resulted to higher inflation- Highest in the ASEAN

3. Weakest currency PEso in the last 13 years and also in the ASIA

4. Stock market is work of the worst stock market in the world as it enters to bearish

5. Capital Deficit has surged to its highest peak in the last 10 years

6. Capital flight and FDI has recorded at the minimum in the last 10 years due to lack of economic plan and failure to address basic econ fundamental

7. Gvot Debt has reached 7T 

8. Corruption is at best as shown in corruption index has fall 

9. Influx of Chinese workers who took away pinoy jobs

10. Incompetent govt employee

do you want me to add more???

#6 Bolj

Bolj

Libertine

• (05) Regular
  • 861 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 11:23 AM

"Ashamed" "associated" "with the palpak"

You need to understand the context before you comment.

And no i wont even vote pro admin candidates like Bato,Tolentino,Marcos and even Go
Might as well add to that the lesser candidates.

So stop assuming.

#7 Bolj

Bolj

Libertine

• (05) Regular
  • 861 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 11:39 AM

1. "3-6 months malinis ang bayang ito"
2. "3 days wala ng rice cartel"
3. "jetski.. dala ko flag ng Pinas, itatanim ko"
4. "ayaw ko talga.. only "whiff of corruption"
5. "unang araw pa lng, walang ng Endo"
6. "pag ako nahalal, ibalik ko sa inyo ang coco levy fund"
7. "Tataasan ko sweldo ng guro"

Baket pinaniwalaan mo si duterte ng sinabi nya yan? Gullible ka ata masyado
Yan ang problema kung out of nowhere lalabas ka nalang at mag comment ng hindi mo alam ang stance ng kausap mo.

Anyar

But instead ito nangyare:
1. Tons worth billions of drugs came in
2. Rising Prince commodity thus resulted to higher inflation- Highest in the ASEAN
3. Weakest currency PEso in the last 13 years and also in the ASIA
4. Stock market is work of the worst stock market in the world as it enters to bearish
5. Capital Deficit has surged to its highest peak in the last 10 years
6. Capital flight and FDI has recorded at the minimum in the last 10 years due to lack of economic plan and failure to address basic econ fundamental
7. Gvot Debt has reached 7T 
8. Corruption is at best as shown in corruption index has fall 
9. Influx of Chinese workers who took away pinoy jobs
10. Incompetent govt employee
 do you want me to add more???

Gusto mo audience para pumalakpak sayu? Name president na wlang pinagdaanang mga prOblema?
Critisms ok yan normal yan, eto nalang gawin natin.

Mag post ka every President and each of theIr accomplishments. Pang elementary lang yang mag criticize eh.

#8 MykG2G

MykG2G

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 11:46 AM

I never believed to Duts promise! Una pa lng sablay na but the 16M blindly im a pretty sure they did. 

Thats very weak rebut to answer "Mag post ka every President and each of theIr accomplishments. Pang elementary lang yang mag criticize eh" 

HAHA

Ikaw na lng post accomplishment of this admin and i will rebut?

Baket pinaniwalaan mo si duterte ng sinabi nya yan? Gullible ka ata masyado
Yan ang problema kung out of nowhere lalabas ka nalang at mag comment ng hindi mo alam ang stance ng kausap mo.

Anyar
Gusto mo audience para pumalakpak sayu? Name president na wlang pinagdaanang mga prOblema?
Critisms ok yan normal yan, eto nalang gawin natin.

Mag post ka every President and each of theIr accomplishments. Pang elementary lang yang mag criticize eh.

#9 FleurDeLune

FleurDeLune

The Lightworker

• 5146 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 11:50 AM

Guys, please avoid being subjective (focus on the topic instead not on the poster / member)

#10 camiar

camiar

Camiar

• (10) Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4395 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 03:46 PM

Harry Roque is running for Senate.

He was offered a certificate of nomination by President Rodrigo Duterte’s PDP-Laban, but he declined the offer and instead accepted Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte's offer to arrange his candidacy under the People's Reform Party (PRP). Roque maintained that he was grateful for the offer to run under the ruling party.

I will vote for Roque.

#11 MykG2G

MykG2G

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 09:10 PM

Duterte throw Roque under the bus after Roque almost sold his soul to devil defending duts. I can still remember when he was my prof at up-law, he is principled man and a fighter against human rights violation and always uphold Constitution but now, i dont know even his former colleague and fellow law professor thinks the opposites. Old Harry is gone.

Harry Roque is running for Senate.

He was offered a certificate of nomination by President Rodrigo Duterte’s PDP-Laban, but he declined the offer and instead accepted Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte's offer to arrange his candidacy under the People's Reform Party (PRP). Roque maintained that he was grateful for the offer to run under the ruling party.

I will vote for Roque.

#12 camiar

camiar

Camiar

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4395 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 09:58 PM

Duterte throw Roque under the bus after Roque almost sold his soul to devil defending duts. I can still remember when he was my prof at up-law, he is principled man and a fighter against human rights violation and always uphold Constitution but now, i dont know even his former colleague and fellow law professor thinks the opposites. Old Harry is gone.

Yeah, just like your fervent hope that the your idol LP candidates still have a chance.

He did not sell his soul to the devil. He has adamantly stated in public that he will NEVER sell out to Trillanes.

Edited by camiar, 20 October 2018 - 10:00 PM.

• Viola and dungeonbaby like this

#13 Astray

Astray

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 02:53 AM

Guys, let us try to avoid using names and hyperbole to discredit the 'opposing side'. Using these kinds of verbal jousts is not going to lead to a better discussion and discourse between sides.
Now with that aside i am astounded that people are seriously considering imee marcos as a senate candidate. Given the track record of their family.
  • FleurDeLune likes this

#14 camiar

camiar

Camiar

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4395 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 03:27 AM

Guys, let us try to avoid using names and hyperbole to discredit the 'opposing side'. Using these kinds of verbal jousts is not going to lead to a better discussion and discourse between sides.
Now with that aside i am astounded that people are seriously considering imee marcos as a senate candidate. Given the track record of their family.

It is because "people" are now believing less on the oligarch-led yellow propaganda that, for decades, brainwashed the people to lay the blame of corruption on Marcos instead of accepting the fact that our political system is inherently composed of corrupt hypocrites down to the grassroots level.

Many are now realizing who the real enemy is -- they are us -- ignorant and gullible to oligarch propaganda.

Many, especially the younger millennials, are now seeing with unbiased POV that Imee and Bongbong Marcos turned out to be better at governance and less dysfunctional than the Aquinos.

#15 Astray

Astray

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 03:48 AM

You did it again, I just asked why imee was a serious contender yet you had to mention 'yellows'. You are basically trying to dehumanize the opposing side by painting them in the 'yellow'.

Also the corruption of the marcos family is highly documented. People did die and indeed get tortured under the marcos regime. While I agree that filipinos are gullible i also believe that we are very forgetful. The millenials you are talking about a lot of them misconstrue, because for them since they haven't experienced it, therefore it wasn't true. What they are only experiencing is the hardships of now, which makes their views biased against the government of recent years.

Like Lee Kuan yew said:
"It is a soft, forgiving culture. Only in the Philippines could a leader like Ferdinand Marcos, who pillaged his country for over 20 years, still be considered for a national burial. Insignificant amounts of the loot have been recovered, yet his wife and children were allowed to return and engage in politics. "

But I also believe that the aquinos did a very poor job post-marcos. They had very poor long term planning, and they often blamed other factors rather than facing their poor decisions.

This isn't about yellows and DDS. This is about filipinos making very poor decisions because of the polarizing political climate. Right now we judge everyone based on how they voted last election, rather than discerning why they voted for who in the first place. If you voted for mar, you are blamed to be a yellow, gullible to the media oligarchy. If you voted duterte you are blamed for being a dds and closed minded individual. You can switch both sides and the aeguments look the same.
  • Z and notsky like this

#16 Astray

Astray

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 03:51 AM

Also to try and stay on topic, bato is a good policeman, he seems very compassionate individual. But he seems to be only as capable as a policeman, not a senator. We have to demand more from our senators that they can handle and be responsible to as senators of the filipino people.
  • MykG2G likes this

#17 jessa

jessa

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:Running, cooking,

Posted 21 October 2018 - 11:41 AM

This is a better way of discerning a senatorial candidate.. rate, judge, comment, compliment them based on their individuality and not on their party list.. thank you for this insight sir, it helps me to see other angles

You did it again, I just asked why imee was a serious contender yet you had to mention 'yellows'. You are basically trying to dehumanize the opposing side by painting them in the 'yellow'.
Also the corruption of the marcos family is highly documented. People did die and indeed get tortured under the marcos regime. While I agree that filipinos are gullible i also believe that we are very forgetful. The millenials you are talking about a lot of them misconstrue, because for them since they haven't experienced it, therefore it wasn't true. What they are only experiencing is the hardships of now, which makes their views biased against the government of recent years.
Like Lee Kuan yew said:
"It is a soft, forgiving culture. Only in the Philippines could a leader like Ferdinand Marcos, who pillaged his country for over 20 years, still be considered for a national burial. Insignificant amounts of the loot have been recovered, yet his wife and children were allowed to return and engage in politics. "
But I also believe that the aquinos did a very poor job post-marcos. They had very poor long term planning, and they often blamed other factors rather than facing their poor decisions.
This isn't about yellows and DDS. This is about filipinos making very poor decisions because of the polarizing political climate. Right now we judge everyone based on how they voted last election, rather than discerning why they voted for who in the first place. If you voted for mar, you are blamed to be a yellow, gullible to the media oligarchy. If you voted duterte you are blamed for being a dds and closed minded individual. You can switch both sides and the aeguments look the same.

#18 camiar

camiar

Camiar

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4395 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 03:21 PM

Like Lee Kuan yew said:

I called them yellows not to dehumanize them but because that is the term the audience understand. It is generally known who they are as a group, who controls them, whose interests they are trying to protect, and what their ulterior motives are. 

I did not vote for Duterte. In fact I campaigned against him. But I now defend his administration after I have seen how appropriate their administration policies, decisions, and actions are to our country's needs and I agree with the direction they are taking.

I used to be pro-Cory but I changed my attitude after I realized how she and her family, friends and other vested interest groups who supported her dragged our country down through sheer ineptness and greed, while hiding behind the mantra of "freedom, democracy and human rights".

I used to be anti-Marcos until I compared the performance of the inept group leaders belonging yellow ribbon group with the next generation of Marcoses and their allies. The Martial Law personalities the yellow group vilified in their "extensively documented" propaganda turns out to be better at governance than the "saintly" leaders whom the yellows try to portray the Aquinos, et al, to be.

Yes, I did it again and I will continue doing it until people like you open your eyes and take notice.

Edited by camiar, 21 October 2018 - 03:23 PM.

#19 MykG2G

MykG2G

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 03:41 PM

Bato isnt fit for senator! He will do legislation which will affect entire country not just one member of society. He cant even answer to address inflation. 

I agree with you.

Also to try and stay on topic, bato is a good policeman, he seems very compassionate individual. But he seems to be only as capable as a policeman, not a senator. We have to demand more from our senators that they can handle and be responsible to as senators of the filipino people.

#20 Astray

Astray

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 08:08 PM

I called them yellows not to dehumanize them but because that is the term the audience understand. It is generally known who they are as a group, who controls them, whose interests they are trying to protect, and what their ulterior motives are. 

I did not vote for Duterte. In fact I campaigned against him. But I now defend his administration after I have seen how appropriate their administration policies, decisions, and actions are to our country's needs and I agree with the direction they are taking.

I used to be pro-Cory but I changed my attitude after I realized how she and her family, friends and other vested interest groups who supported her dragged our country down through sheer ineptness and greed, while hiding behind the mantra of "freedom, democracy and human rights".

I used to be anti-Marcos until I compared the performance of the inept group leaders belonging yellow ribbon group with the next generation of Marcoses and their allies. The Martial Law personalities the yellow group vilified in their "extensively documented" propaganda turns out to be better at governance than the "saintly" leaders whom the yellows try to portray the Aquinos, et al, to be.

Yes, I did it again and I will continue doing it until people like you open your eyes and take notice.

You say you want to convince me, but calling people names, defamingnthem and insulting them won't. You can get your point across without the name calling but you choose to do so because you just like arguing with other people with not the mind to try and convince them.

I have seen a tonne of people like you, screaming and lambasting people because they support a particular candidate. And they only did that because they loved the attention with people who think alot like them and would circle jerk that aquino is this mar roxas that. Take it from someone whose job is to convince people that approach won't work.
Both sides are guilty of the name calling. But to be able to rise above it, and convince the people who you can convince is the only way to go.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Senate Election 2019, Politics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users