No wala :( dami lost footages. I have what I can find lang. the first doctor episodes are mostly incomplete pa tlga. anyway, for those who might be into doctor who.. there is a DW ball this November 19. I got my ball gown and petticoat read. so excited to meet fellow Whovians.

No wala :( dami lost footages. I have what I can find lang. the first doctor episodes are mostly incomplete pa tlga. anyway, for those who might be into doctor who.. there is a DW ball this November 19. I got my ball gown and petticoat read. so excited to meet fellow Whovians.

Is that the Timey Wimey Ball? (Got to know it from the FB Doctor Who PH Community)

Good to hear the local contingent of the DW fandom is still thriving

• Like (+1) 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

12 is weird

I agree. Now that we have a new doctor... i decided to watch seasons 9 and 10. I stopped watching because 1) I don't like the 12th. 2) I'm tired of Clara 3) I don't like the new companion

I now like the 12th, but he is still a bit weird. bill potts unfortunately never grew on me. Like I don't like her. I hate her more than I hate Clara. I wish I could get another Donna Noble/Doctor scene.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok. since I'm hungry and stressed, I have my DW revived series as my background noise. I'll probably end up binge watching again. I've seen and listened to the series so many times, I can almost mouth the dialogues real time.

Anyway, now that the new doctor is out, what do the few Whovians here think? Are you up for a female doctor? Although they have hinted at it for several decades already, I still can't get over the fact that they actually went with it. I mean, we already had the Master turn into Missy (and Missy was awesome!) but to also do that to the Doctor. Yeah, I know Time Lords can regenerate into a woman and become a Time Lady but still....

And now here's where some women will hate me.

What's with this feminism thing? It is getting out of hand. My favorite universe is affected by this feminism.

If we females are so strong, why do we have to take over the iconic roles and insist on a gender reversal? if we are so strong, why not create our own, original, female kick ass protagonist?

We took over ghostbusters and that was weird, we took over ocean's eleven and I didn't hear anything about it anymore. is it out already? sounds irrelevant. and then someone wanted to make a female James Bond??? seriously women, stop trying to be men. Just be original. Ok, i'm stopping my rant now.

I am still going to give this woman Doctor a chance, because DW has always surprised me and its fans. Who knows she might be awesome like 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th. I just realized, she's the 13th. Unlucky number. Some fans say that DW has about 3-5 more seasons before it needs to go back into hiatus.

• 4 months later...

Haven't watched the new ep yet but from what my Whovian friends say, Jodie's quite good as the Doctor (complete with an awesome speech).

Still, it's too early to judge.

I didn't like the 12th during his 1st few episode. But by his last season, IMO, he was the best among the revival series Doctors.

Haven't watched the new ep yet but from what my Whovian friends say, Jodie's quite good as the Doctor (complete with an awesome speech).

Still, it's too early to judge.

I didn't like the 12th during his 1st few episode. But by his last season, IMO, he was the best among the revival series Doctors.

yeah it was a slow process with me and the 12th too. not like the 11th. although my doctor is the 10th but 11th and 12th are awesome too. i don't like the companions for this regeneration. the new ep has a meme-able villain. probably ranked as my top 10 favorite villain, just because of its meme-ability(?) hahaha.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

The writing for the 13th Doctor's tenure had its ups and downs, as is often the case with long-running series. Some episodes were instant classics, adding depth to the Whoniverse and challenging both the Doctor and the audience with intricate storytelling and compelling moral dilemmas. Other episodes, however, felt like they didn't fully utilize the potential of Whittaker's Doctor, sometimes getting lost in convoluted plots or heavy-handed messaging.

The companions during this era, particularly Yaz, Ryan, and Graham, provided a diverse and interesting dynamic to the TARDIS crew. Their individual stories and development were well-handled in many instances, offering a more grounded and human perspective against the backdrop of cosmic adventures.