351 replies to this topic

#1 redshirt

redshirt

Theres no "us" in me

• (10) Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,912 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 11:02 AM

HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER is a comedy about Ted (Josh Radnor) and how he fell in love. It all started when Ted's best friend, Marshall (Jason Segel), dropped the bombshell that he was going to propose to his long-time girlfriend, Lily (Alyson Hannigan), a kindergarten teacher. At that moment, Ted realized that he had better get a move on if he also hopes to find true love. Helping him in his quest is Barney (Neil Patrick Harris), a friend with endless, sometimes outrageous opinions, a penchant for suits and foolproof ways to pick up women. When Ted meets Robin (Cobie Smulders), he is sure it is love at first sight, but destiny may have something else in store. The series is narrated through flashbacks from the future.

#2 howard_the_duck

howard_the_duck

April 19: Version 2.0

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,000 posts
  • Interests:sleeping

Posted 15 June 2007 - 12:40 PM

that buffy girl is hot

#3 redshirt

redshirt

Theres no "us" in me

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,912 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 08:51 AM

that buffy girl is hot

yeah most people recognize her from American Pie

#4 hitomi

hitomi

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 01:25 PM

hey i like this show, really funny :lol:

caught an episode two nights ago on Star.

Neil Patrick Harris is gay right? he plays the girl-addicted guy role quite well

"its going to be LEGENDARY!" :lol:

#5 redshirt

redshirt

Theres no "us" in me

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,912 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 07:20 PM

hey i like this show, really funny :lol:

caught an episode two nights ago on Star.

Neil Patrick Harris is gay right? he plays the girl-addicted guy role quite well

"its going to be LEGENDARY!" :lol:

Yeah he is. I used to idolize the dude... His a good actor, and kinda the ladies man.....I dint believed it at first when he came "OUT".

Legen... I hope your not lactoseintollerant coz the next word is Dairy :P

#6 BreakAndInsert6977

BreakAndInsert6977

---

• UNREGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 11:55 PM

Suit Up!

This show is very nice, and it actually really does give tips on how not to act. :lol:

#7 X

X

The X Machine...

• (13) Giga Poster
  • 11,614 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 02:18 PM

I'm not sure if I lost my sense of humor, but this show ain't funny. Too many cliches. Doogie's acting is so dry. And I don't really appreciate Allison Hannigan being cast as a geek that no one notices. She's HOTTER than the other girl.

#8 p0tp0t

p0tp0t

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 06:49 PM

Without doogie, this show would've been cancelled after the 1st season...

#9 redshirt

redshirt

Theres no "us" in me

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,912 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 07:30 PM

Agree.

The shows kinda retarded in a way but after watching it for a couple of eppisolds... it makes you realize that theres something more to it than being a friends/coupling/signfeld knock-off.Hannigan's casting was not that good but she can pull it off. Coz she was typecasted as the "band camp girl" from the Pie franchise.

I still can't believe NPH is gay.

#10 cheeselogger

cheeselogger

-

• (13) Giga Poster
  • 14,753 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 12:16 AM

seems we like the same type of shows bro redshirt?

hehehe

Cobie Smulders looks hot in this series and I think that is the reason why I got hooked to this show. and yeah, Doogie's uber-bachelor character makes me rolling in the floor in laughter! even with his metrosexual tendencies, I can't help but laugh till I cry with the way his character brushes most things off as the "typical" male bachelor and his always awesome/psyched up state in any situation possible. plus, you can't help but love/hate his arrogant attitude that really is not that offensive unless you're too sensitive...

hehehe

btw, I never knew that Doogie is gay before I read this thread. and I can't really believe it completely too...

#11 redshirt

redshirt

Theres no "us" in me

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,912 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 06:33 PM

seems we like the same type of shows bro redshirt?

hehehe

Cobie Smulders looks hot in this series and I think that is the reason why I got hooked to this show. and yeah, Doogie's uber-bachelor character makes me rolling in the floor in laughter! even with his metrosexual tendencies, I can't help but laugh till I cry with the way his character brushes most things off as the "typical" male bachelor and his always awesome/psyched up state in any situation possible. plus, you can't help but love/hate his arrogant attitude that really is not that offensive unless you're too sensitive...

hehehe

btw, I never knew that Doogie is gay before I read this thread. and I can't really believe it completely too...

What can I say mate? Great minds think alike :P Some people might say that my knowledge only applies to pop culture(ie. Television)... But f#&k them I says!

Yeah Robin is so hot! I liked the show because of NPH and Robin. If you want to see more of her... Go watch the film, a long weekend.

LEGENDARY!!!

#12 cheeselogger

cheeselogger

-

• (13) Giga Poster
  • 14,753 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 08:16 PM

I actually accidentally got to watch again "The Long Weekend" last friday and I immediately thought the girl there looked really familiar but I had a feeling it was Cobie Smulders. good thing I already bought a pirated copy way before then...

hehehe

and yeah, she was AWESOME there!

not acting-wise though...

hehehe

#13 X

X

The X Machine...

• (13) Giga Poster
  • 11,614 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 02:05 AM

The only reason why people watch this is because they STILL see doogie.

But that's just me...

#14 Waterbearer

Waterbearer

God of Lust

• (13) Giga Poster
  • 12,644 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:35 AM

I like the show.....I thought it was a good concept to evolve the entire show on who will be Mrs. Ted......I'm not really high on Robin....but that Wedding girl/Cake maker was hot......and that girl who had a pineapple in Ted's room was cute......Plus NPH is funny.....

Off-Topic....Is there a thread about Freddie......that is one hell of a show :lol: never fails to make me laugh

Edited by Waterbearer, 19 June 2007 - 09:37 AM.

#15 redshirt

redshirt

Theres no "us" in me

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,912 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:04 AM

I actually accidentally got to watch again "The Long Weekend" last friday and I immediately thought the girl there looked really familiar but I had a feeling it was Cobie Smulders. good thing I already bought a pirated copy way before then...

hehehe

and yeah, she was AWESOME there!

not acting-wise though...

hehehe

yeah but she was hot as always :P

#16 redshirt

redshirt

Theres no "us" in me

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,912 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:08 AM

Off-Topic....Is there a thread about Freddie......that is one hell of a show :lol: never fails to make me laugh

Yeah I like that show too eventho Freddie's kinda over acting at times....

#17 Waterbearer

Waterbearer

God of Lust

• (13) Giga Poster
  • 12,644 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 01:01 PM

Yeah I like that show too eventho Freddie's kinda over acting at times....

I can see that too....good thing he has a great supporting cast to coverup his weaknesses.

#18 redshirt

redshirt

Theres no "us" in me

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,912 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:29 PM

I can see that too....good thing he has a great supporting cast to coverup his weaknesses.

Why not start your own Freddie Thread? So that we won't be OT anymore :P

I only have a closet full of suits and a string of one night stands....

*sobs*

Oh, these are tears of joy. Believe me. Thanks Big guy for letting me doge that bullet!

-Barney

#19 cheeselogger

cheeselogger

-

• (13) Giga Poster
  • 14,753 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:12 AM

I like the show.....I thought it was a good concept to evolve the entire show on who will be Mrs. Ted......I'm not really high on Robin....but that Wedding girl/Cake maker was hot......and that girl who had a pineapple in Ted's room was cute......Plus NPH is funny.....

that baker girl is Ashley Williams. first time she appeared in the show I knew she looked very familiar to me. true enough, I already was following a show before that was also showed in ETC titled "Good Morning Miami" where she was the leading actress in that sitcom. and man, she was wwwaaaaayyyyyyy hotter there compared to her image/character in this show (IMHO)...

and yeah, for those who started watching season 2 I'm thinking your also waiting for the other slaps Barney's going to get from Marshall...

hehehe

#20 G T

G T

flying under the radar

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:56 AM

NPH is a gay?we'll thats LEGENDARY!
watched a couple of episodes and its only NPH who delivers the laugh.maybe they should rename the show"everybody loves NPH"

Edited by G T, 20 June 2007 - 06:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users