Scuba Diving And/or Snorkelling

goldgreen

i noticed that there is no thread for diving enthusiasts or are we that few?

i got certified early last year then got my advance certification later part of 2008. been diving at least once a month.

once you overcome the fear of the first dive, you'll find out why this hobby/recreation is very addicting. the natural high is like riding your motorcycle on a windy and clear night sky without any other vehicle on the road. you wouldn't know where to look first, the stars or the wind and the road ahead.

ahhh. just made 3 dives last weekend. miss ko na agad.

i got certified early last year then got my advance certification later part of 2008. been diving at least once a month.

once you overcome the fear of the first dive, you'll find out why this hobby/recreation is very addicting. the natural high is like riding your motorcycle on a windy and clear night sky without any other vehicle on the road. you wouldn't know where to look first, the stars or the wind and the road ahead.

I am a scuba diver as well,

and I was looking for the thread relating scuba diving.

Please post more, guys.

:upside: :upside: :upside:

fellow divers,

me & my buddy are going to dive in anilao this saturday. since our intention is just to get our fins wet, we're going there early saturday morning for only 2 shore entry dives. we can get back lunchtime to early afternoon.

we'll do our first dive between 6-8 with set-up, then breakfast. Second dive is 9-10.

budget is around 1K per diver. but if we're not having lunch there (maybe in tagaytay with some drinks), less P300-500/person. meet up at 7-11 tagaytay 5-530am or 6-630am at Leisure Dive resort in anilao.

if you need to borrow some equipment, i may have some spare. you can also rent there if my extra gear won't do.

PM me for those who wanna join. me and my buddy are good to go. he's a dive master and i'm advanced diver.

Guest lustfortravel

i think there is a group thread for mtc divers. but i do agree with you on the "high". i've been diving since 1999 and i remember in the early days, i would dive every other week. my buddies and i would travel to different places for dives - balicasag, moalboal, palawan, etc.

enjoy!

fellow divers,

me & my buddy are going to dive in anilao this saturday. since our intention is just to get our fins wet, we're going there early saturday morning for only 2 shore entry dives. we can get back lunchtime to early afternoon.

we'll do our first dive between 6-8 with set-up, then breakfast. Second dive is 9-10.

budget is around 1K per diver. but if we're not having lunch there (maybe in tagaytay with some drinks), less P300-500/person. meet up at 7-11 tagaytay 5-530am or 6-630am at Leisure Dive resort in anilao.

if you need to borrow some equipment, i may have some spare. you can also rent there if my extra gear won't do.

PM me for those who wanna join. me and my buddy are good to go. he's a dive master and i'm advanced diver.

So, what time are you leaving manila ?

Maybe, 3am ?

i badly need a refresher...tiis muna sa snorkelling/skin diving :blush:

bro, if you really want refresher, baka pwede 20-30 ft ka muna with a DM (my buddy's a DM). or i can arrange with my CD.

summer's just around the corner. daming nag-aaral ngayon. sama ka lang as a fun diver with a group esp kung may nagpapa-certify ng OW. their dives are conservative and don't dive beyond 40 ft with their first few dives.

Ok, but I have to leave here around 3-330am because I'm living in Makati.

:rolleyes: :upside: :rolleyes: :upside:

bro, main obstacle ko with weekend dives is that we tend to use up the whole day/s (leave early and get back late) esp diving with a group. unlike, say golf, tennis, bowling, weight training or even firing, where it only consumes half a day. wala talagang malapit na place to dive except batangas.

this is the only set-up na win-win kami with those who also want quality time with me during weekends who are non-divers. and also less expensive. no boat and brunch only. pwedeng kanya-kanya na pagkatapos or stop-over on the way back for some light food and few drinks.

it's not that i don't like group dives, every now and then, iba talaga ang marami at masaya. you meet other people and learn new things.

but this weekend, quickie lang muna. in early, out quickly. i learned this from japanese divers in batangas. 2 boat dives sila in the morning then balik na after lunch, puede pa sila golf in the afternoon/evening.

Di ko pa nasubukan with group dahil sa time din. Minsan sinabay ko 2 dives with island hopping. The next time sinabay ko Ocean Bay trip sa Gapo. Naka balik pa ako intime for the Dolphin show dahil sa harap mismo ang site. Time, time, time!

bro, main obstacle ko with weekend dives is that we tend to use up the whole day/s (leave early and get back late) esp diving with a group. unlike, say golf, tennis, bowling, weight training or even firing, where it only consumes half a day. wala talagang malapit na place to dive except batangas.

this is the only set-up na win-win kami with those who also want quality time with me during weekends who are non-divers. and also less expensive. no boat and brunch only. pwedeng kanya-kanya na pagkatapos or stop-over on the way back for some light food and few drinks.

it's not that i don't like group dives, every now and then, iba talaga ang marami at masaya. you meet other people and learn new things.

but this weekend, quickie lang muna. in early, out quickly. i learned this from japanese divers in batangas. 2 boat dives sila in the morning then balik na after lunch, puede pa sila golf in the afternoon/evening.

where do you normally dive from? ligpo or anilao side?

hope to join a fellow mtc diver soon...

hi there!

we dive on both sides. but ligpo right now is malumot and lot of jellyfish because it's the time of year that they're multiplying. so kahit mas malayo sa anilao, we did anilao last sat.

did two shore dives. with breakfast and lunch buffet, about 900/head only.

tentative sked for our next dive is on march 14.

kita-kita sa ibaba.

• 4 weeks later...

i've been to dive and trek once about 2 years back, but i wasn't able to dive. yung brother ko lang. ok accomodations diyan. pag wala ako dive buddy, snorkelling lang din ako.

di ko masyado type kasama yung mga dive guide ng mga resorts. minsan ok, minsan hindi. hit or miss ba. may experience ako, yung kasama namin dumugo ang tenga at ilong dahil taas-baba yung dive guide.

any suggestion on a place like dive n trek for snorkeling ? No need to hire boat . How much does the boat ride cost ?

Thanks for the info .

bro, we're going to anilao this weekend, baka gusto mo sumabay. day dive lang sa apr5 sunday (monday is a holiday).

usually, about 1k per head kami ng dive buddy ko for 2 dives but amin ang equipment. that is inclusive of dive & resort pass, 2 tanks, 1 breakfast & 1 buffet lunch.

kung snorkelling, i think, it just about evens out ang 2 tanks with rental for finks and mask. but i can lend you mask if you dive with us.

dive boat is around 2500 for 2 dive spots. depending kung ilan kayo, you could divide it by 2 or 3 (up to 6 only per boat).

we did two dives last sunday. 7am and 9am.

at 11am, we were on our way to tagaytay for lunch.

sked was tight but me and my dive buddy stuck with the sked including leaving at 4am for anilao.

trafic was light to and from anilao. basta ganun ang timing.

next month na uli ang next dive namin.

If it's your dream to rent a WHOLE island paradise for a day or a week, I can arrange it at a very reasonable rates.

White sand, marine sanctuary and isolation spells perfect getaway for couples or barkadas.

Avila's Island of Masbate

no amenities just pure fun and adventure. Virgin island literally.

I can also arrange to have it ready with 4 full sets of SCUBA compete gears (3 tanks each) with chargers for an extra fee plus an outrigger banca to ferry you in & out of dive sites. (just to be safe BYO body suit).

You can hop to 4 different dive sites (Avila's Island marine sanctuary, Isla de Gato, Burias shipwreck, Mantay ray Ticao dive site, and San Miguel dive site).

3 hours away from Malapascua or 1:30 hrs by plane plus 2.5 hrs land trip.

Coordinates :

11*52' N 124*5' E

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d84/zyxomega/AvilasIsland1.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d84/zyxomega/04012009Masbate02.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d84/zyxomega/avila1.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d84/zyxomega/DSCF3979.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d84/zyxomega/IMG_0832.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d84/zyxomega/P4041131.jpg

I can offer great discounts for group packages. :thumbsupsmiley:

PM me if interested

Edited by shrike

Where can I buy scuba diving equipment? can you please give me more information.webiste? or anything?.. i like to go scuba diving, but unfortunately, only until snorkeling..hehehhee..No scuba experience yet...Hope to try soon....but i think need to undergo some basic training? is it so? Thanks....

Where can I buy scuba diving equipment? can you please give me more information.webiste? or anything?.. i like to go scuba diving, but unfortunately, only until snorkeling..hehehhee..No scuba experience yet...Hope to try soon....but i think need to undergo some basic training? is it so? Thanks....

hi there! you may want to try diver's network, they're good: www.philippines-scuba-diving.com

but don't buy equipment just yet.

quoting from another thread:

diving courses are divided into non-certification and certification courses.

non-certification courses require you to dive with an instructor every time, max depth @ 40ft.

certification courses, you only need a dive buddy: open water max depth @ 60ft, advance open about 100-120ft.

rates depend on the facility and if you're with a group or a special session. best group rates i know is discovery scuba at about 3500/person and up. open water is about 12,500 and up. non-inclusive of resort fees but inclusive of equipment rental.

PM me if you have other queries and will see if i could help you. summer is around the corner. there are a lot of group schedules for those who want to learn diving.

enjoy life. go dive.