Condo Unit Or House & Lot?

i have a house and lot where i've been living for the past seven years...it gets kinda boring what with the same faces in the neighborhood, like i ever see the neighbors for that matter...

i've lived in a condo before, though the cost of living in one are astronomically higher than a house, i've enjoyed the amenities and perks available there unlike in my house, i.e. ogling, party-watching, babe-viewing, eavesdropping, snooping, etc. :D

• 2 weeks later...

house and lot - long stay; since congested na ang metro manila, available house and lots are in the provinces

condo - short stay; within metro manila

if you're a city person and hates too much maintenance of the property, its a condo for you.

if you're practical and look at the lot as a good investment, then is house and lot for you.

i'm both.

Maganda and Condo kung ayaw mo ng maraming kuskus balungus. It's something I should've done instead of buying a lot and building a house, so far I spent P1.5 m building one on tiny 73 sq mtrs lot and I haven't gone that far dahil ground floor palang ang natapos at baon na ako sa utang.

you made a bad mistake putting up a long term loan.. do you know that on a long term loan like 10 years or more you actually end up paying more for interest than the actual loan amount? say you loan 1 million which is payable in 10 years, after 10 years you actually end up paying 4-5 million!

hurry! if you can borrow from relatives, you immediately pay the principal before that eats you alive!

and also when you buy a condo, the loan agreement is in-house (you loan from the company that sold you the unit), and the interest rate is higher (more than 20% per annum) and the term longer, 20 to 25 years, plus the association dues which is more than 2k pesos a month.. so in essence, you will NEVER own the unit.. this is more evil!

even paying 2k pesos a month for association dues makes you tied up to those EVIL condo developers.. you cannot afford to lose a job otherwise they will kick you out of there if you can't pay the dues,even if you own the unit..

tips lang.. be careful of long term loans.. patay kayo sa loan companies like PAG-IBIG or banks.. aside from the interest marami pa silang ipinapatong na insurance dyan.. so that adds up to your monthly payment.. so if you pay around 6k monthly amortization, only 500 pesos of that amount gets deducted to the amount that you loaned, the rest gets eaten by interests

BE INFORMED AND BE WARNED!

CONDO!!!

I sold my house and lot ang got myself a condo because maintaining a house and lot is too tedious especially if you're a bachelor who spends less than 8 hrs at home every day. The house deteriorated after much neglect that I had to sell it and got myself a 3 bedroom condo unit that is as big as my house. Although the condo is much more expensive than the house per contract price or per sqm, I still love it. I love the security, I love the view, I love the way admin scrambles to your unit in case of problems or repair. You live like a king!!!

PLUS of course your cute sexy condomates who flash at you from time to time. Sometimes you get free sex too!!! :cool: Now that is one price worth paying for!!!

Not that I don't like houses and lots...I do...but owning a condo is different. You really can't compare the two...it's like comparing Ferrari with a 60 ft Yatch.

Edited by grandnemesis
you made a bad mistake putting up a long term loan.. do you know that on a long term loan like 10 years or more you actually end up paying more for interest than the actual loan amount? say you loan 1 million which is payable in 10 years, after 10 years you actually end up paying 4-5 million!

hurry! if you can borrow from relatives, you immediately pay the principal before that eats you alive!

and also when you buy a condo, the loan agreement is in-house (you loan from the company that sold you the unit), and the interest rate is higher (more than 20% per annum) and the term longer, 20 to 25 years, plus the association dues which is more than 2k pesos a month.. so in essence, you will NEVER own the unit.. this is more evil!

even paying 2k pesos a month for association dues makes you tied up to those EVIL condo developers.. you cannot afford to lose a job otherwise they will kick you out of there if you can't pay the dues,even if you own the unit..

tips lang.. be careful of long term loans.. patay kayo sa loan companies like PAG-IBIG or banks.. aside from the interest marami pa silang ipinapatong na insurance dyan.. so that adds up to your monthly payment.. so if you pay around 6k monthly amortization, only 500 pesos of that amount gets deducted to the amount that you loaned, the rest gets eaten by interests

Thanks THUG I guess you're right, I should've been more careful instead of being padalos-dalos.

Guest xHANGMANx

Do you have proof on these claims????

For a one million loan payable in ten years on a straigth line amortization with a 20% interest rate per annum

you will end up paying 3 million in total

and in-house financing for Condo Development does not exceed 15years

and FYI, banks and Finance houses do not charge more than 10% over the stated BSP 91 Day T Bill Rate for a long term loan

yesterday, the BSP 91 day T-Bill rate was 5.381%

so, the maximum interest rate per annum that banks and finance houses may charge for a long term loan is 15.381% and this rate is still negotiable

FROM WHERE ARE YOU GETTING YOUR INFORMATIONS???

FOR those who are planning to get a housing loan

don't go for the straight line amortization and with fixed per annum interest rate

go for the diminishing balance amortization with an adjustable rate per annum

if you are planning to get a loan from PAG IBIG

please read this note

Note: The interest rates on loans over two hundred twenty-five thousand pesos (P225,000) up to two million pesos (P2,000,000) shall be fixed for the first five years of the loan. At the beginning of the sixth year, HDMF shall reprice the outstanding balance of the loans at rates based on prevailing market rates at point of repricing, which shall not be lower than the original rates.

For reference, see current interest table of PAG IBIG FUND

post-98726-1158962857.jpg

Edited by xHANGMANx