• 2 years later...

May mga doktor talaga dito?! o doktor doktoran lang? parang copy and paste lang mga advices nila.

to answer your question, yes there are legitimate doctors here in MTC.

do we have to show you our credentials? how many certificates and diplomas do you want?

if you find the answers insufficient or inappropriate for your question/s, then ignore them.

as simple as that.

in the first place, an online forum, much more an adult forum like this, can never be a substitute for an actual MD consultation.

and we do not get paid for giving medical advice here FYI.

this is purely voluntary.

our goal mainly is to help beleaguered posters, at least online.

Edited by ermita rojo
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Winner! (+1) 2

May mga doktor talaga dito?! o doktor doktoran lang? parang copy and paste lang mga advices nila.

Well said, Ermita Rojo. For people's info, and to make sure you don't dig yourself a deeper hole, let me point out that Ms. Ermita is a Neurology Fellow. Many here are either Internists, Surgeons, Radiologists, Family Med, ER Medicine, etc. I myself am an OH physician and a Forensic Physician.

As to "copy and paste", have you read the threads? Most of the questions are the same ones over and over. So why not copy and paste? That is the main reason you don't see OmegaRed, DrEvilMBA and other senior members posting here anymore. They got sick and tired of being asked the same questions over and over

This thread is a public service. We are not getting paid for anything. if you don't like the answers, feel free to seek an actual consult.

Edited by miggyE
  • Winner! (+1) 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Good morning.. Bros and SIs ..just had blood chem and hematology.. lahat nakikita ko okey ayon sa range provided...these are stuffs that bothered me..please help kung what they mean..how to NORMALIZE them .RADICALLY AND AGRESSIVELY...kasi I am due for a pre employment next week.. Help Bro.... here we go..

Results-------------unit----------------------reference

1.) Glocuse- 107.45 -----------mg/dl-------------------70 - 105---------------HELP 7.) ALT/SGPT 39.40----------u/L ---------------3----35 HELP

2.)Cholesterol 198.84------------mg/dl-------------------140--200--------------HELP 8.)GGTP H 125.27 (result) 11-50 u/L (systems international /

3.)Triglycerides 42.59-------------mg/dl-------------------30-150----------------- GGTP 125.27(RESULT) 11-50 U/l ( CONVENTIONAL)

4.) HDL 83 .22--------------MG/DL----------------40---------------------?

5.) LDL 107-----------------mg/dl-------------------150---------------------?

6.)VLDL 8.52----------------mg/dl-------------------40---------------------?

HELP BRO AND SIS..... MANY THANKS!!!!

BAGO AKO SUMALANG SA PRE EMPLOYMENT...HELP ..

Edited by taekwondorex
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Doctors, has anyone tried using a ketogenic diet on a diabetic patient? Does it work? I've read a few books, and would like to see if anyone is using it to treat patients.

I have not come across studies on ketogenic diets specifically but i will read on them. But with diabetes we should watch what we pu into our bodies, this disease is a multisystemic. Every moment that it is not under control it causes potentially irreversible damage. For diet prescription there are diabetes centers in all major hospitals and some government satellite units. The programs and diets are comprehensive and are designed to lower diabetes and its complications.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Doctors, has anyone tried using a ketogenic diet on a diabetic patient? Does it work? I've read a few books, and would like to see if anyone is using it to treat patients.

Remember that Diabetes affects co-morbidities (I.e. kidney, heart problems) for one, the ketogenic diet requires high fat consumption, and could therefore increase LDL (bad cholesterol)

Before going into these kind of diets, it is best to consult a physician (a Cardiologist for that matter) to check your heart function and cholesterol levels.

• 2 weeks later...

Good pm po aak lang po sana pag ka diabetic po ba maaapektuhan din ang pag tayo ni junior sa future? Pag ganun nangyari ano na kaylangan gawin ng guy?

I would like to ask the same question. Is erectile dysfunction a complication of diabetes? If so, what can be done about it?

• 2 weeks later...

To appraise a study on its validity, kailangan talaga mabasa ung full text niya bro instead of just seeing a published article on it. If we could be provided with the actual text, then maybe I could provide you with my impression. It seems logical naman when you look at how diabetes develops, but then we should see how the study was conducted para malaman natin kung legit ung results nila. And if it is true bro, that's a breakthrough.

I agree that it is logical, yung study and trial ay 2 years palang nagawa. But maganda dito ay kung di paman ito ang cure e malaki ang magagawa talaga ng weight loss sa may diabetes. And it is also a potential breakthrough. But many doctors will not agree that diabetes can go in remission. Marami paden kase talagang kailangang research. Yung gumawa ng study ay si Prof roy taylor, base sa mga articles ay prinesent nya yung trial study nya sa American diabetes assocation and ni recognized naman nila

eto po yung link nung trial

https://www.diabetes.org.uk/research/research-round-up/research-spotlight/research-spotlight-low-calorie-liquid-diet

Edited by Irving
  • 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/28/2010 at 10:22 AM, patmunar said:

If mag pa FBS, bawal po ba mag take ng water during the fasting period? And ano po yung pwedeng maging problem sa reading ng FBS if ma-over fasting?

Assume di mo sinabi sa med tech:

Pag nag over fast ka yung katawan mo magugutom on a cellular level at gagawa sya ng emergency sugar gamit fat reserves mo sa body. Temporarily tataas ang blood sugar mo to compensate. Pag sinukatan ka ng fbs, yun ang makikita at masasabing madami ang blood sugar mo sa katawan normally kahit wala kang kinakain (which is a false positive).

Same reason sa tubig, mababago nya yung concentration ng blood sugar mo. Mababago ang interpretation.

The best keto diet at intermittent fasting hb1ac ko 6.4 at fbs ko dati 8.9 last week fbs ko 5.2 nalang last septembernLang din ako nagtry ng keto napanood ko lang sa youtube si dr. Eric berg at dr. Sten edberg kaya nagtry ako ng keto at intermittent fasting.. hb1ac ko diko pa alam sa january pa ulit ako magpabloodchem!!