Finally. I managed to make my own personal statement of assets and liabilities. I'm 95% complete. I have yet to figure out how to compute the growth and decline of all my investments, as well as create a graph showing a 10 year projection starting from 2020.

I'm ready to show my thick excel file to the registered financial planners I will get in touch with. That and the questions I have in my head.

Thanks to the pandemic, I am finally solidifying setting aside and investing the money I allocate for buying my own house. The room I live in is beginning to give me cabin fever. I need some breathing room. Most importantly, I realized how hard it is to live away from my sister and her kids.

So far, I am in the positive. Adding up all the values of my portfolios against my payables and card debts, I remain a millionaire. On paper. :D

If everything goes right with my cash flow, I will be a cold cash millionaire in 2028. How to make it faster is the question I will pose to the RFP.

Maligayang Pasko, boys.

• Like (+1) 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally. I managed to make my own personal statement of assets and liabilities. I'm 95% complete. I have yet to figure out how to compute the growth and decline of all my investments, as well as create a graph showing a 10 year projection starting from 2020.

I'm ready to show my thick excel file to the registered financial planners I will get in touch with. That and the questions I have in my head.

Thanks to the pandemic, I am finally solidifying setting aside and investing the money I allocate for buying my own house. The room I live in is beginning to give me cabin fever. I need some breathing room. Most importantly, I realized how hard it is to live away from my sister and her kids.

So far, I am in the positive. Adding up all the values of my portfolios against my payables and card debts, I remain a millionaire. On paper. :D

If everything goes right with my cash flow, I will be a cold cash millionaire in 2028. How to make it faster is the question I will pose to the RFP.

Maligayang Pasko, boys.

Good job on collating spreadsheet and getting a better view of your financial position.

I do this as well as i set it up via googlesheets so i can get daily report of my networth (atleast on my ETF position). Our only debt is my wife's student loan which is not huge.

• Like (+1) 1

Good job on collating spreadsheet and getting a better view of your financial position.

I do this as well as i set it up via googlesheets so i can get daily report of my networth (atleast on my ETF position). Our only debt is my wife's student loan which is not huge.

Nice one! Halos wala na kayong utang

Bukod sa added income, other investments din ang tinitingnan ko. Nagbukas na ako ng etoro account, budgeting at investment strategy na lang ang inaaral ko. Plano kong subukan ang ETFs kasi medyo bobo pa ako sa foreign markets.

May crowdfunding investments na rin ako. So far so good. Tuwa ko pag 5 digits na nalalaro ko sa kanila. Yung coop na lang ang di ko pa naasikaso.

Income pa po, universe!!❤️❤️❤️❤️

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was able to sell my bitcoin @ 56K

before it dropped to 49K

its going to drop till 35K imho

then go back up 100k before the year ends

time to sell boys

rake in the profits

sell high

buy low

Actually, it dropped around 43-44K. Bumili ka ba ulet ng BTC?

ATH ang BTC few weeks ago... same as well sa other cryptocurrencies like ETH, ADA, BNB, DOT, etc.

Sobrang volatile kumpara sa ibang investments. Kaya dapat ok ang strategy kung trader ka, or maging investor na lang (cost averaging).

• 2 months later...

Drive by posting lang so I shall be shooting from the hip.

I am of the impression that a lot of people who claim to be "financial planners" (registered or otherwise) are still mainly in it for the sale/commission. So my inner voice usually swims in dead sea levels of salt kapag may financial planner na magpa.present.

Don't get me wrong, I have bought my fair share of insurance plans, and one of my best buys was an "educational plan' that was really an endowment plan. But I would hope RFP's would really consider giving knowledgeable advice on financial instruments that fall outside of what their main insurance companies give them commissions for.

Not saying they shouldn't make a buck from pointing clients to other options. Just that they should really know about other options

Unsure if I have mentioned it previously here in MTC, but I was pretty much the prototypical son of the "poor dad" from kiyosaki's Rich Dad book. Studied well enough, got good enough grades, got a really well paying job...

No real financial literacy to speak of though.

What I have been focusing on is establishing other income streams.

Right now, engaging with personal fund managers has been paying out really well for me.

Basically doubled my money in 18months from two fund managers who traded for me in the stock market (one local and one global).

Kaka.start ko lang din with yet another manager. FX naman.

Still on the lookout for brick and mortar sources of income.

But I just recently rejoined the workforce, so hindi PA maka.bwelo on that front.

• Like (+1) 1

Drive by posting lang so I shall be shooting from the hip.

I am of the impression that a lot of people who claim to be "financial planners" (registered or otherwise) are still mainly in it for the sale/commission. So my inner voice usually swims in dead sea levels of salt kapag may financial planner na magpa.present.

Don't get me wrong, I have bought my fair share of insurance plans, and one of my best buys was an "educational plan' that was really an endowment plan. But I would hope RFP's would really consider giving knowledgeable advice on financial instruments that fall outside of what their main insurance companies give them commissions for.

Not saying they shouldn't make a buck from pointing clients to other options. Just that they should really know about other options

Unsure if I have mentioned it previously here in MTC, but I was pretty much the prototypical son of the "poor dad" from kiyosaki's Rich Dad book. Studied well enough, got good enough grades, got a really well paying job...

No real financial literacy to speak of though.

What I have been focusing on is establishing other income streams.

Right now, engaging with personal fund managers has been paying out really well for me.

Basically doubled my money in 18months from two fund managers who traded for me in the stock market (one local and one global).

Kaka.start ko lang din with yet another manager. FX naman.

Still on the lookout for brick and mortar sources of income.

But I just recently rejoined the workforce, so hindi PA maka.bwelo on that front.

agree

• 3 months later...

hi who are here is looking for financial planners

just want you to know that not everyone who does financial planning are all in just for commissions it is a noble job. and it is a job for a lifetime to be of service to people. 

But again before engaging in any investments always have a good financial foundation so no matter what happen. Life wont turn around 360 degrees just because of uncertainties. 

just my two cents here

• 2 months later...
On 12/6/2020 at 9:34 PM, neville said:

Maligayang Pasko, boys.

Congrats!