Cool share Donya MistressMia (or MM for short) :)

Hindi pa ako nakapunta dyan sa mga spas ninyo. Something I need to rectify ASAP. Ang malapit kasi sa akin are Makati spas like Spa Nara. Kaya dun napunta lahat pocket money ko for vacation. :D

Hi,

The wildwood branch was in N. garcia. Too bad you didnt get to experience.

I enjoy the discussion here pero napapanosebleed na ako lalo na sa taxation dito sa pinas. I think ok na rin investment ang kumuha ng accountant but make sure maganda record nung accountant and trusted talaga.

Hi,

Did you know that the CPA exam is harder than bar exam for law students?

It's not an easy exam, by any means, no matter where you take it! The only reason why the CPA has a reputation for being harder than the BAR is because there are four sections of the exam to take (5 including Ethics).

Every section has a time limit of four hours, or a total of 16 hours to complete the entire CPA Exam. To sum up, the CPA Exam is hard, because there is an extensive amount of information covered on the exam and, with most review courses, quite a lot of study time required.

The CPA exams is the most difficult with only 14% passing. Law has a passing rate of 22% while Medical doctors have a high passing rate of 85%.

This only applies in the Philippines. CPA exam is easier in other countries.

Hi,

The wildwood branch was in N. garcia. Too bad you didnt get to experience.

I'll definitely check this out next year Don MM. Every November ang uwi ko except this year due to Covid. Nakakapanibago nga kasi this is my first Halloween in US in a long time. Lagi kasi ako sa Pinas nag-cecelebrate starting with Octobeerfest. LOL. Bakit di ko nakita yang Wildwood last year? Me thread ba yan dito? Dun ko kasi nahanap yung Nara. May isa pa ako pinupuntahan, sa Las Pinas naman, Dun kasi isa kong college barkada nakatira. Me Nuru rin ba sa inyo? LOL.

I'll definitely check this out next year Don MM. Every November ang uwi ko except this year due to Covid. Nakakapanibago nga kasi this is my first Halloween in US in a long time. Lagi kasi ako sa Pinas nag-cecelebrate starting with Octobeerfest. LOL. Bakit di ko nakita yang Wildwood last year? Me thread ba yan dito? Dun ko kasi nahanap yung Nara. May isa pa ako pinupuntahan, sa Las Pinas naman, Dun kasi isa kong college barkada nakatira. Me Nuru rin ba sa inyo? LOL.

Hala financial thread to. Hahahahaha.. All my spas before were non mtc listed. Close na yun. Im skipping the spa questions hahaahha

• Like (+1) 1

to the fine gentlemen here, MRROUGHSEX and Mr. JohannBeckham and the ladies miss Z and MISS NEVILLE,

I have a friend who wants to have a big business (babuyan, poultry) in the province and she plans to sell those meat here in Manila,

my question is she wants to learn all about it, if you were to advise,

do you ask her to just enroll a short course in Business?? or talk to DTI reps or GONEGOSYO officials in terms of how to manage her business properly??? or she just hire a financial planner so that her money and business will not go under???

what do u suggest to her?

thanks everyone

Business side naman usapan natin eh :D. Re financial planning aspects hehe, what are some of your criteria for knowing when to expand your business?

You have to really....really make sure that your first branch is already stable enough to stand up on its own.

Remember, in putting up another branch not only that you will be investing again, you will also be spending for new people.

Most businesses fail because they usually expand and they are not ready for expansion.

I myself, was nabigla. I had a lot of branches.

• Like (+1) 1

to the fine gentlemen here, MRROUGHSEX and Mr. JohannBeckham and the ladies miss Z and MISS NEVILLE,

I have a friend who wants to have a big business (babuyan, poultry) in the province and she plans to sell those meat here in Manila,

my question is she wants to learn all about it, if you were to advise,

do you ask her to just enroll a short course in Business?? or talk to DTI reps or GONEGOSYO officials in terms of how to manage her business properly??? or she just hire a financial planner so that her money and business will not go under???

what do u suggest to her?

thanks everyone

I would suggest DTI (not sure what GONEGOSYO is) course and also get a referral who can be a consultant specific to her business. Also to get as much free info from internet and libraries already on hog farming and trading. I'm sure if she goes to AIM in Makati or UA&P in Pasay she can find in their library a hog farm thesis made and she can xerox those and learn the financial framework presented in the thesis.

I would suggest DTI (not sure what GONEGOSYO is) course and also get a referral who can be a consultant specific to her business. Also to get as much free info from internet and libraries already on hog farming and trading. I'm sure if she goes to AIM in Makati or UA&P in Pasay she can find in their library a hog farm thesis made and she can xerox those and learn the financial framework presented in the thesis.

ok will advise my friend on that sir, again, my thanks to your wealth of knowledge sir...

appreciate it...

• Like (+1) 1

As of 20201105:

2020 Financial Goals

Non-Net Worth:

Insurance:

* Save up for parents' emergency bills to 8K (currently at 7K)

* Increase college savings of children to 27K by year-end (currently at 30K) - MET

Net Worth:

Property

* Reduce total debt to 42K by year-end (currently at 43K)

* Expect condo value to appreciate to 52K by year-end (currently at 51K)

* Anticipate house value to appreciate to 290K by year- end (currently at 284K)

Savings for Current Use

* Buttress business fund to 100K by-year end (currently at 188K) -- MET

Savings for Retirement/Future Use

* Grow retirement savings to 210K by year-end (currently at 185K)

* Drum up social security savings to 192K by year-end (currently at 190K) (Note: PV at 360K for age 62)

* Increase % of paid tax vs deferred tax in my Retirement savings to 25% (currently at 30%). -- MET

Edited by MRROUGHSEX

Fishing for your opinions. Humor me, guys. :)

My pillows and bed linens are due for replacement. My original option is to buy online from Dakki (a local brand known for selling reasonably priced pillows and linens). The quality's okay for its price. Think everyday, hampas lupa pillows....

Then I dropped by Rustan's Department Store this morning. I checked the pillows and linens. The prices were at least four times that of Dakki's. But the sales girl was right: they feel like what you'll find in good three to four star hotels. The linens, especially. I've been to a business hotel in Cebu City and the pillows were to die for. Sarap ng tulog ko.

My pillows now give me stiff neck days when I wake up on the wrong side of my mattress.

Case in point: Dakki's Body Pillow cost 800 pesos. Rustan's will charge me 2800 pesos.

The regular pillows are bigger than the pillows I use now. The firm ones are 5K, I think. The in-between soft and firm is 6K. Dakki's regular-sized pillows, which are a little smaller is around 300 pesos.

But the expensive ones do feel like the pillows in really good hotels.

I can find the budget for these pillows and linens, if I want. For me, it's a question of whether I want to enjoy that unbelievable sleep every night or if i want to prioritize the cost and hate my pillows on some occasions.

If I throw in my sister's argument, I should spend so much when I finally have my own place...And from the rate I'm going, it will be at least 10 years before I can finally afford to buy the place that is really to my liking.

What do you think?

• Like (+1) 1

My pillows and bed linens are due for replacement. My original option is to buy online from Dakki (a local brand known for selling reasonably priced pillows and linens). The quality's okay for its price. Think everyday, hampas lupa pillows....

Then I dropped by Rustan's Department Store this morning. I checked the pillows and linens. The prices were at least four times that of Dakki's. But the sales girl was right: they feel like what you'll find in good three to four star hotels. The linens, especially. I've been to a business hotel in Cebu City and the pillows were to die for. Sarap ng tulog ko.

My pillows now give me stiff neck days when I wake up on the wrong side of my mattress.

Case in point: Dakki's Body Pillow cost 800 pesos. Rustan's will charge me 2800 pesos.

The regular pillows are bigger than the pillows I use now. The firm ones are 5K, I think. The in-between soft and firm is 6K. Dakki's regular-sized pillows, which are a little smaller is around 300 pesos.

I can find the budget for these pillows and linens, if I want. For me, it's a question of whether I want to enjoy that unbelievable sleep every night or if i want to prioritize the cost and hate my pillows on some occasions.

If I throw in my sister's argument, I should spend so much when I finally have my own place...And from the rate I'm going, it will be at least 10 years before I can finally afford to buy the place that is really to my liking.

What do you think?

Just buy the damn pillow. You sleep a third of a time so splurge if you must.

• Like (+1) 4

Kung yung mas mahal eh mas tatagal at consistent yung tulog mo na napakasarap then go for that. Mahirap yung mura nga health mo nman ang tinatamaan di ganun din magpapadoktor ka pa. Mas mahal yun di hamak dun sa unan ng rustans lol

What do you think?

• Like (+1) 1

Kanina ko lang naisip.

Compromise. Dahil sa ngayon ay walang punda ang body pillow sa Rustan's at may Dakki online store sa Shopee, gagawin kong halo ang bili.

Yung unan sa ulo ay sa Rustan's bibilhin. Saktong may gift certificate ng Rustan's akong makukuha mula sa credit card ko. Kaunting ipon pa ng points at baka umabot ng 5K na gift cert ang mayroon ako. Isang unan din yon :)

Mix and match the dirt cheap and insanely expensive ones. Prioritize what needs to be expensive and buy what can be bought cheaply.

Okay na yon, ano? :)

• Like (+1) 1

Kanina ko lang naisip.

Compromise. Dahil sa ngayon ay walang punda ang body pillow sa Rustan's at may Dakki online store sa Shopee, gagawin kong halo ang bili.

Yung unan sa ulo ay sa Rustan's bibilhin. Saktong may gift certificate ng Rustan's akong makukuha mula sa credit card ko. Kaunting ipon pa ng points at baka umabot ng 5K na gift cert ang mayroon ako. Isang unan din yon :)

Mix and match the dirt cheap and insanely expensive ones. Prioritize what needs to be expensive and buy what can be bought cheaply.

Okay na yon, ano? :)

That's the way Donya N! Compromise. Something that works for between your needs and wants. :) Post ka po pic ng nabili mo ha.. :)

That's the way Donya N! Compromise. Something that works for between your needs and wants. :) Post ka po pic ng nabili mo ha.. :)

Will do. I bought a body pillow and a regular pillow from Dakki via Shopee. I'm waiting for the shipment. :)

In other news, I bought PhP 5,000 worth of Premyo Bonds. The said bonds are only at 1.00% net and is good for 1 year. Minimum investment is PhP 500.00

These bonds do not meet my financial goals at all. But they do let me help the government in funding its projects. And hey, I'd be happy when I do get to win even the PhP50,000.00 quarterly raffle prize. Winning the bigger prizes are of course, a big bonus.

There is a car as part of the jackpot, but honestly, I'm happy with the PhP1M major prize :)

• Like (+1) 2

2020 is almost over (f$ck you 2020, im glad your almost over), how's you're goals so far?

Kme nmn i think we are on the way to reach a savings rate of 58% (mind blown). The highest savings rate we had is only 54% back in 2018. We're not able to go on holiday this year (because of Covid), both international even inter state travel that we've plan and that let us reach the milestone of investing 58% of our take home pay into ETF that follow the index (Australia, U.S. and International excluding U.S.).

Dividends is good din this year, although its a little short of $15k.

2021 is exciting. Lets see if we can invest more than 58% of our takehome pay in 2021.

• Like (+1) 1

2020 is almost over (f$ck you 2020, im glad your almost over), how's you're goals so far?

Kme nmn i think we are on the way to reach a savings rate of 58% (mind blown). The highest savings rate we had is only 54% back in 2018. We're not able to go on holiday this year (because of Covid), both international even inter state travel that we've plan and that let us reach the milestone of investing 58% of our take home pay into ETF that follow the index (Australia, U.S. and International excluding U.S.).

Dividends is good din this year, although its a little short of $15k.

2021 is exciting. Lets see if we can invest more than 58% of our takehome pay in 2021.

Haha bakit galit sa 2020? Financially it's ATH! :)

• 2 weeks later...

2021 seems to be the end of the world

dead minks who had covid and killed by the denmark government

are rising up

lots of people from denmark seeing zombie minks attack their house pets

hmmmm

hopefully we are all financially equipped to buy guns and shields for the upcoming zombie apocalypes

I'm actually hoping for a better 2021 than 2020 once we get vaccinated and normality comes back in business and work life.