Hotel Around Ortigas

Okay nga sa Astoria plaza. mas lalung okay kung makakuha ka ng discount card. Ang laki ng bawas. Yung 1 bedroom na 4k magiging 3200 nalang. Those were the rates the last time I went there. :rolleyes:

sir Bjorky,

ask ko lang po kung pano makakuha ng discount card sa astoria.

• 3 weeks later...

Discovery suites is okay in my opinion. Was there just last weekend with my family. We got a 3 bedroom suite and it cost us only 9k ++. The room was spacious for 6 adults and 4 kids. It had a full service kitchen, dining area and living room.

Not bad at all. The staff were very courteous and accomodating. In fact, when our room was not yet ready upon check in. They let us stay at the serendipity lounge with welcome drinks then the concierge personally brought up our keys when the room was ready.

Overall, not a bad experience.

thanks papajong.

if you guys have a choice between a two-bedroom suite sa Astoria or 2 one-bedroom suites sa Discovery, what would you pick? trying to book rooms for my family of 6 people and yung calculations ko, mas mahal lang ng konti yung sa Discovery....but not much of a difference. just trying to figure out which has nicer rooms and service between the two.

• 3 weeks later...
Bro, If i were you mag discovery ka nalang. My friend told me may ipis daw sa Astoria the last time na mag check-in daw sila. Just a friendly advice.

I have stayed at Galleria, Discovery and Linden. All of them are good. I would like to try Malayan, anybody had stayed here?

I have stayed at Galleria, Discovery and Linden. All of them are good. I would like to try Malayan, anybody had stayed here?

I have stayed there twice. The first room that they gave me was huge for a 1 bedroom suite. The experience was great, the only thing I didn't like that much would be their T&B, it's not that spacious and comfy. The 2nd time, the room wasn't that big as the 1st, and it was much untidy. But for the price of 3,600 if you book online.. it's not that bad.

For the serviced apartment type category in Ortigas, Discovery and Linden are on top of my list...Astoria has deteriorated over the years while Malayan is a possibility.

Among the traditional hotels, of course EDSA Shang then Crowne Plaza would be my choices...Holiday Inn (formerly Galleria Suites) is trying to re-invent itself but its basically an old property with a few facelifts here in there.

• 4 weeks later...
Malayan is much cheaper than the Galleria, Discovery and Linden, so it's hard to compare and rate. It's more serviced apartment quality, where else the others are hotel level quality...For info, heard that Linden will be opening a brand new wing in November, with 2 and 3 b/room units only...Look out for this, soon...For info, heard that Linden will be opening a brand new wing in November, with 2 and 3 b/room units only...Look out for this, soon...For info, heard that Linden will be opening a brand new wing in November, with 2 and 3 b/room units only...Look out for this, soon...