Acer Desktops And Notebooks

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

what is the acer extensa? pasensya na po, bagito sa mga computers...

ito ba yun bagong acer na laptop na maliit? or is it a different one...

the new acer laptop looks good because it is small enough to carry around...

any feedback on performance? price? where to get cheapest?

can u upgrade th vc in a laptop??

Sorry you can't.

For playing most games on high quality, get a laptop with 8800gt built-in.

For playing most games on medium quality, a laptop with 8600gt built-in will do.

We almost got a Acer 7720 laptop last Sunday at the Acer outlet at Megamall.

It look nice - 17 inches widescreen, keyboard with numeric keypad, etc.

Too bad there is only 1 unit left. The mouse pointer is frozen, & nobody can make it work.

We end up getting a MSI EX600 at another nearby store.

Extensa is ACER's model identifier in the US

here in ASIA, it's Aspire and Travelmate

go to acer.com

once you get there..you're in the global link

if you click on the notebook section

you only have 3 selections

1. ferrari

2. travelmate

3. aspire

we have three models in the usa

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sir/Madam,

I have my Acer Travelmate Notebook 4000 and it is more than four years now since I buy it from abroad, just want your help to check if anyone from you know where is the best repair shop for acer laptop. Acer performance for me is A+ and this notebook have sentimental value that's why I want it for repair, problem is the LCD. It has a white vertical line near the right portion of the LCD and eventually, a thin red line comes out on the left portion. I can still use it, actually just now I'm using it but according to our ICT, it is best to buy new laptop instead of repairing the old one. Can you please give me idea also on what is the best thing to do?! Thank you and hope to hear from you soon!

• 4 weeks later...

Regarding Aspire M1600? mga bossing can i inquire about the hard disk of this cpu? eto kasi cpu ko and i would like to inquire on the hard disk nito? pwede pa ba ito lagyan another hard disk? kasi im planning to buy a bigger hard disk eh? thanks

Sir/Madam,

I have my Acer Travelmate Notebook 4000 and it is more than four years now since I buy it from abroad, just want your help to check if anyone from you know where is the best repair shop for acer laptop. Acer performance for me is A+ and this notebook have sentimental value that's why I want it for repair, problem is the LCD. It has a white vertical line near the right portion of the LCD and eventually, a thin red line comes out on the left portion. I can still use it, actually just now I'm using it but according to our ICT, it is best to buy new laptop instead of repairing the old one. Can you please give me idea also on what is the best thing to do?! Thank you and hope to hear from you soon!

try the acer service center along paz guanzon ( formerly otis ) in manila . call them at telephone 5641845 and 5641841 for directions / details.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
question...

which is better.. ACER or COMPAQ ?

Compaq is definitely better IMHO. Most (if not all of the HP notebooks being sold today) are actually Compaq notebooks. The compaq laptop was just rebranded to be HP. The current crop of Compaq laptops are actually the old Compaq Presarios.

I actually own an old Compaq Presario bought some time in 1997 (pre merger with HP). And it is still working up to now! Although the battery is not fully charging anymore, otherwise, the laptop is in good running condition.

But Acer has also gone a long way since it started in the laptop industry. But in my opinion, Compaq is still the better choice.

Acer has been somewhat making a name her vs DELL and LENOVO plus COMPAQ. I guess what makes this brand cool is also the PRICE and VALUE-ADDED features.

Sabagay, lately mura na ang mga laptops. Halos mas mahal pa ang celfon. Usually before medyo di gaano mabenta ang ACER dahil na rin akala ng marami na LOCALLY MADE ito since may FACTORY before sa SUBIC. But then again, with all the best features integrated now into their products plus GLOBALIZATION, who cares kung saan pa ginawa diba.

Hehehe.

• 2 weeks later...

im using acer extensa too , pero nung nilaro ko ung G G tiberium wars nainstall ko pero about several seconds on the game either sa training o sa campaign biglang babalik sa desktop screen at sasabihing windows have encountered a problem...vista home pemium at GMA x3100 ung video card 256MB .. 1.8 GHZ at 3 GB HDD ..papayo naman mga bossing.. balak ko din na ibenta nalamng ito at bili ng acer 6920 ung may bluray pero problem ko lang ung controller sa entrtainment system nya pero ok na ok na sounds video xcard nya

Hi Guys!

I'm planning to buy an ASPIRE ONE (The one with the XP Home OS) and I got a couple of (stupid) questions:

1. Can I connect an external DVD burner with this unit so that I can burn DVDs/CDs? Kaya ba ng RAM nito yun?

2. How would I install an anti-virus in this unit? Eh wala ngang disk drive to'?

Thanks!

Edited by dj_flip03
  • 2 weeks later...