The GYM Directory

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

member ka ba pareng patola???

dati madalas ako sa maic's pero ngayon lay low muna ako... tamad ako magbuhat lately...

pero sarap magbuhat kila maic... mababait mga tao, okay equipment at ambiance.... mabait pa yung may ari!!!

mga taga marikina, check out maic's gym... sulit na sulit dito!!!

GO MAIC'S!!!!

I have a moro card. I used to work out there when I was still studying but it's not really advisable since it gets crowded especially during dismissal time, which is about 4pm. They have weights, cardio machines and classes, but the place is kinda small compared to FF. Only students, faculty/staff and alumini can use the gym in moro. If you're an alumni you need to have the alumni card, which cost P500/year or P2000/lifetime. Hope this helps

they are accepting guests now, i got the 3-month package at 2,650 only (weights, machines, indoor track)... i work out either very early in the morning (6 am) or late at night (7 or 8pm) to avoid the crowd... pretty good place, walking dostance lang sa condo ko :thumbsupsmiley:

guys naandito pa ko sa hk and paguwi ko sana by end of august...gusto ko pumasok...kaso di ko lam kung san maganda...lam ko marami gyms satin...kaso masgusto ko yung mganda facilities...yung rage sana for 1800 permonth hangang 2k ciguro ok na...at kung merong per day how much....kasi dito sa hk dapat mag eenroll ako sa california fitness pero putek sobra mahal ng 1 month...1500$ almost 10,500 pesos(dun lang mapupunta ipon ko no way hehe) then kung perday naman dito is 150$ equiavalent to 1,050 na ata...pls guys info naman..tnx...

guys naandito pa ko sa hk and paguwi ko sana by end of august...gusto ko pumasok...kaso di ko lam kung san maganda...lam ko marami gyms satin...kaso masgusto ko yung mganda facilities...yung rage sana for 1800 permonth hangang 2k ciguro ok na...at kung merong per day how much....kasi dito sa hk dapat mag eenroll ako sa california fitness pero putek sobra mahal ng 1 month...1500$ almost 10,500 pesos(dun lang mapupunta ipon ko no way hehe) then kung perday naman dito is 150$ equiavalent to 1,050 na ata...pls guys info naman..tnx...

San branch ka ng California nag tanong? Sa presyo na yun pwede ka na mag Pure Fitness ah! :D Ang pagkaka alam ko kasi sa Cali Fitness around HK $300 lang per month yung monthly nila, baka yung $1500 na sinasabi mo eh yung joining fee na pwede naman nila i waive depende sa kukunin mo na plan.

Sa Fitness First naman ako nag join, sa may Gateway yung home gym ko pero mas madalas ako mag work out sa may Taikoo Place kasi lapit sa work. Bale per month ko is $550 pero mababawasan pa yun kasi naisama ko 7 friends ko na mag enroll sa gym hehehehe. Bale nung nag join ako $1500 din yung joining plus may administration fee rin pero nai waive naman nila yung joining and mga 200 lang siguro binayaran ko sa admin fee plus pwede ko rin siya gamitin pag umuwi ako dyan sa pinas.

Edited by strangedays

Kausap ko yung isang trainer sa Fitness First. Ang sabi nya meron daw mga "expats" or foreigners who enroll here in the Philippines. Kasi nga nasa mga 2000+ ang monthly fee or about USD36. Tapos, they make arrangements so they can workout in the FF branch back in their home country. Not sure lang ako kung indefinite ito or may limit as to how many times they can use the foreign facility using a Philippine FF membership.

tol dito sa wanchai sa my lockhart road...kaya nagulat ako sa price...sabi ko mga 2 months lang kelangan ko...iniisip ko rin baka kasi inde kami nagkaintindihan nun intsik na kausap ko...hirap kasi makipag communicate sa kanila dapat ibabarok mo pa ingles mo...

sana meron makapagbigay ng location ng gym near sampaloc area lang....2000 is good po...kaso baka...tnx to all

• 2 weeks later...
Guest VO2_Max
Anyone into this?  B)

me....well i use to do it...but i havent been doing any races for a long time(3 yrs+++) due to my busy schedule.....but i still get to do some amount of cylcling and running....no swimming nga lang...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest the_eight_of_orbs

i'm not into this but i know people who are enthusiasts.

you can check out the the Traithlon Association of the Philippines (TRAP) at www.triathlon.org.ph

the last one was in Subic.

cheers!

Guest VO2_Max
me....well i use to do it...but i havent been doing any  races for a long time(3 yrs+++) due to my busy schedule.....but i still get to do some amount of cylcling and running....no swimming nga lang...

a lot of races there sa luzon...distance ranging from sprint, olympic, half-ironman distance.....more frequent ang sprint and olympic....most improtant race here sa phil. is Asian champs (held in subic) and National Champ.( held on different places)...we also hold races for age groupers also.....as ORBS said try hoking up with TRAP...or try sa yahoo group na rdigetri@yahoogoups.com..

ako po medyo interested. parang masarap na mahirap. ang primary sport ko is cycling, specifically mountain biking. ngayo i'm trying to shift into road bike. kakayanin ko kaya? or is it better to try muna yung mga duathlons, just to test my capabilities?

Guest VO2_Max
ako po medyo interested. parang masarap na mahirap. ang primary sport ko is cycling, specifically mountain biking. ngayo i'm trying to shift into road bike. kakayanin ko kaya? or is it better to try muna yung mga duathlons, just to test my capabilities?

yep kaya mo yan....just start with the sprint distance na mga races or even start with races for newbies....i think people in manila hold races specifically for begginers.....try joining this yahoo group ridgetri@yahoogroups.com u would be able to get any news on races here.......kaya mo yan....i remember few years back where this guy joined the half-ironman(2k swim, 90K Bike, 21K run) race in batangas.....it was his first triathlon and he only had 2 weeks of practice.....he finished last but the smile on his face...it was as if he won the race........go straight to triathlon na.....CARPE DIEM

hi guys! anyone here who does their workout in low profile gyms? where can i find good quality gym equipments with a reasonable fee? i prefer malate/ermita area. thank you!!!  :cool:

ei dude you could check out the newly opened gym at Times Plaza in UN Avenue. I think the fee is around P1k plus annual membership of P1.5k...not really sure though....

If you like hardcore, then there's Peak Gym for you....just walk through the road along PWU (the J.Nakpil road but not the side where the bars are located....I mean the other side of Taft Avenue, the one where PWU is located) straight ahead....around 2 blocks I think until you reach Sperm Bank...The gym is at the 2nd floor. Though the equipments are old, you only pay Php15 per session if you are a member.

Then there's Prime Gym along Gil Puyat .... its alongside KFC....Its on the top floor of a bldg I forgot what name it is....It's on the top floor of a 4 storey bldg and can be seen if your walking along Buendia so you won't miss it. The fee is around Php750 a month plus Php500 annual membership. Good equipment but the place aint spacious.

Then there's one near EAC....I think its around Php20 per session....just keeping walking past EAC and if you get lucky, you might find it.