Any Metalheads Here In Mtc?

Immortal666

Well, I still listen to ROCK/METAL music. I just hate those "studio punk bands" thats been popping out of nowhere. And sadly, NU107 used to hate these bands, pero ut seems they succumbed to the demands of maintream/pop. Ang pinapakinggan ko na lang ngayon ay yung mga bandang kinagisnan ko na since high-school (the so called grunge/alternative scene) that are still around. And still got my sources in the underground rock/metal scene. I just despise "corporate rock". Shame on those bands like "simple plan", "good charlotte", and the likes.

Well, I still listen to ROCK/METAL music. I just hate those "studio punk bands" thats been popping out of nowhere. And sadly, NU107 used to hate these bands, pero ut seems they succumbed to the demands of maintream/pop. Ang pinapakinggan ko na lang ngayon ay yung mga bandang kinagisnan ko na since high-school (the so called grunge/alternative scene) that are still around. And still got my sources in the underground rock/metal scene. I just despise "corporate rock". Shame on those bands like "simple plan", "good charlotte", and the likes.

After rap metal, the next thing I hate are those annoying "corporate pop-punk" bands. If I were a punk I wouldn't want to be associated with those bands. The record labels have discovered the formula for punk rock, the way to market it and be able to make it accessible to the mainstream market, specifically to the MTV crowd. The result of which is manifested through Simple Plan, Good Charlotte and the various other mainstream, MTV-punk bands.

That's why I stick to metal, REAL METAL. I'm on an IRON MAIDEN trip lately. I've been spinning POWERSLAVE, KILLERS, SOMEWHERE IN TIME and PIECE OF MIND a lot. They're the best metal band ever! UP THE IRONS!!!

Immortal666 at dj_flip03 you guys are right, MTV has spawned those corporate bands that I need not mention. Saka, di nyo ba napupuna na dumami ang nakaporma ng rock/punk/metal? Iisa lang naman porma nila black shirt most common of is the shirt with the word "zero" printed on it. Nakakainis dahil dumami na naman ang poseurs ngayon na kinaiinisan ko talaga noon pa!! :grr:

post-62-1082033435.jpg

Immortal666 at dj_flip03 you guys are right, MTV has spawned those corporate bands that I need not mention. Saka, di nyo ba napupuna na dumami ang nakaporma ng rock/punk/metal? Iisa lang naman porma nila black shirt most common of is the shirt with the word "zero" printed on it. Nakakainis dahil dumami na naman ang poseurs ngayon na kinaiinisan ko talaga noon pa!! :grr:

Kaya ayoko masyadong sumikat ang metal e. Kasi pag sumikat yan, maraming mga posers na makiki-ride sa uso para maging cool sila. Pero hindi naman ganun kalalim yung devotion nila sa metal. Pag may bagong uso na, lipat naman sila dun. I've seen that before a decade ago.

I dread the day when there would be jolog-ish teens hanging out at the mall wearing Immortal, Hammerfall and Opeth t-shirts! I hope that day never comes!

musta mga metalheads!

Immortal66- your right, metal now is not as it was back in the 80's and early 90's. buti na lang andito pa rin tyong lahat to give metal back its place.

Metal was my life during my high school days...its the reason I practiced 3 hours a day with my guitar just to be as good as those heavy metal guitarist. sarap talaga ng buhay metal dati...anyway, masyado na akong senti dito =)

Just keep on rocking metalheads!!!!

Tagal ko na ding nakadalaw dito ah. Immortal666: Why don't you play cover tunes of Sonata Arctica? Narinig mo na ba yung banat nila ng Wind Beneath My Wings? Ang lupit. :)

We were actually seriously thinking of inlcuding that song for the show. Unfortuntately we could not secure a copy for the upcoming episode. We've already completed the playlist for the all-covers episode, next step is arranging them in sequence.

By the way metalheads, I discovered this cool shop fully devoted to our heavy metal cravings. It's called METAL DISC and they sell metal cds, dvds, vhs tapes, t-shirts, stickers. I was there yesterday with my Metal Madness collaborators (Mr. SLH and Dylan) as we were trying out and selecting the songs we were going to use for the upcoming episdoe. It was my first time there and nalula ako sa dami ng metal cds na nakita ko. I felt like a kid in a candy store! All metal sub-genres are represented there: power metal, death metal, black metal, thrash metal, progressive metal. It's way out south in Sucat but it's worth the trip. Ako nga taga Antipolo dinayo ko yun e. Pero mas maganda siguro magdala ka na ng budget kung pupunta ka dun para naman may mauwi ka at hindi ka lang mahilo sa kakatingin. Anyway, here's their contact information:

Metal Disc

17 President Avenue

Tahanan Village, Parañaque City

telephone # 842-7501

email: metaldisc2003@yahoo.com

Nahihiya na nga ako magsuot ng black shirt eh, baka isipin ng iba ginagaya ko porma ng mga "punk fags". :evil:

Nahihiya na nga ako magsuot ng black shirt eh, baka isipin ng iba ginagaya ko porma ng mga "punk fags". :evil:

hahaha, oo nakakahiya baka sabihin trying hard na metallers ka pa. Madami akong kakilala na simple lang pumorma pero ang daming alam sa metal music kasi well-informed by reading magazines and exchanging info with fellow metallers.

Yamamoto, what you said is true. If you see me, you wouldn't mistake me for a metalhead because I don't look the part. Yet I consider myself very knowledgeable in metal. I think the manner of dressing is a phase in being a rocker or metalhead. Ten years ago, I would only wear black and be in my best rocker attire. But as time went on, I matured and realized I didn't have to be in rock garb all the time to be a rocker. So I shed the clothing but didn't stop listening to the music.

Regarding the clothing, yung mga kakilala ko nun na nakikita ako ngayon sabi nila iba na ako pumorma kasi puro maluluwag na suot ko ngayon unlike before ba puro black t-shirts & tight pants. I even wear football jerseys & basketball jerseys na ngayon. Minsan mukha na akong hip-hop pero my music is still metal. :)

Yamamoto, what you said is true. If you see me, you wouldn't mistake me for a metalhead because I don't look the part. Yet I consider myself very knowledgeable in metal. I think the manner of dressing is a phase in being a rocker or metalhead. Ten years ago, I would only wear black and be in my best rocker attire. But as time went on, I matured and realized I didn't have to be in rock garb all the time to be a rocker. So I shed the clothing but didn't stop listening to the music.

When i was in college me and my 2 pals then are the only metalhead the college of mass communication we wore tight pants then mostly levis 503 or 509 jeans but I didnt wear a black shirt even then kasi naiinitan ako ngayon kung nasa ibang bansa ako maybe i will wear black just try and wear a black outfit these days tignan ko na lang pag hindi naubos ang tubig mo sa katawan sa init ng panahon. seriously, my pals back then listen to metal, read magazines, exchange infos, etc. coz we really like the music unlike the so-called meetalheads now na puro porma lang. I just hate it when i see a poseur metaller wearing a mayhem or an emperor shirt as if its the next fashion thing. of coourse there' the maturity factor, you can't wear your fave iron maiden shirt in the office di ba?

of coourse there' the maturity factor, you can't wear your fave iron maiden shirt in the office di ba?

He, he. :) I can. Actually hindi Maiden shirt sinusuot ko. Minsan Dimmu Borgir, Morbid Angel or even Darkthrone. Dress down kasi kami during holidays and weekends kaya puede. I work in a call center btw. Usually graveyard pa sked ko so okay lang ang naka-itim kasi di mainit. Nagpapatugtog pa nga ako ng mga cds ko like The Crown, Carcass, Nile, Maiden, Slayer etc kasi supervisory position na ako. Nakakatawa nga reaction ng mga officemates ko pag naririnig nila yung pinapatugtog ko.

Sang CC ka ba pre? Bat lurker ka lang sa CC thread?

I work in eTelecare. I just lurk and read the posts in the Call Center chapter thread 'coz I just want to get a sense of how people working at Call Centers feel being part of this industry. I'll post there soon and hopefully we can have worthwhile discussions about our chosen profession. Welcome naman ako di ba? :unsure:

He, he. :) I can. Actually hindi Maiden shirt sinusuot ko. Minsan Dimmu Borgir, Morbid Angel or even Darkthrone. Dress down kasi kami during holidays and weekends kaya puede. I work in a call center btw. Usually graveyard pa sked ko so okay lang ang naka-itim kasi di mainit. Nagpapatugtog pa nga ako ng mga cds ko like The Crown, Carcass, Nile, Maiden, Slayer etc kasi supervisory position na ako. Nakakatawa nga reaction ng mga officemates ko pag naririnig nila yung pinapatugtog ko.

Cool you're lucky that you can wear your shirts over there at work and the fact that you are in graveyard shift!! BTW, I called up metal disc last week and I might visit it one of these days.

Cool you're lucky that you can wear your shirts over there at work and the fact that you are in graveyard shift!! BTW, I called up metal disc last week and I might visit it one of these days.

That's good to hear. What will you be getting from metaldisc?

Metalheads, it's that time of the month again. The last Friday of the month. The time for METAL MADNESS 6: Under the Influence. Expect to hear cover songs from Type O Negative, Danzig, At The Gates, Emperor and a whole lot more. We'll also debut a song from San Francisco-based Pinoy thrash act Death Angel's new album "The Art of Dying." So catch us tonight from 10pm - 12 amover at NU 107. I'll be using the Mad Tyrant as my monicker. Hope you guys enjoy the show.

That's good to hear. What will you be getting from metaldisc?

Metalheads, it's that time of the month again. The last Friday of the month. The time for METAL MADNESS 6: Under the Influence. Expect to hear cover songs from Type O Negative, Danzig, At The Gates, Emperor and a whole lot more. We'll also debut a song from San Francisco-based Pinoy thrash act Death Angel's new album "The Art of Dying." So catch us tonight from 10pm - 12 amover at NU 107. I'll be using the Mad Tyrant as my monicker. Hope you guys enjoy the show.

So Death Angel is still around but without the original vocalist I supposed? I was mad for this group along with some bands from the bay area when I was just starting to listen to metal during my college days. I'm just glad na they are still around, btw I saw a picture of them in a back issue of an metal maniacs magazine they have grown old and tumaba na din sila.

So Death Angel is still around but without the original vocalist I supposed? I was mad for this group along with some bands from the bay area when I was just starting to listen to metal during my college days. I'm just glad na they are still around, btw I saw a picture of them in a back issue of an metal maniacs magazine they have grown old and tumaba na din sila.

They reformed. They first got to back together in 2001 to play for the Thrash of the Titans benefit gig in San Francisco. Since then they started gigging and an idea was hatched to create new material and make a new album. The product of which is called "the Art of Dying". The original singer, Mark Osugueda is still around. The only original member who left was the bass player, I forgot his name - it's either Gus or Dennis Pepa. Rumors has it that he is now based here in the Philippines but he is adamant in not talking about his days with Death Angel.

Anyway, if you caught the show, you probably heard the new Death Angel song called "Thrown to the Wolves" from the aformentioned album. It's quite good. It's a fast song with polished production. Not as thrash sounding as before though.