90's Revisited

VICIOUS

@zakkwylde: for me Bush is not a grunge band, most of the chord patterns of their songs are too melodic to deliver the angst-filled theme of grunge. Nonetheless, its a blast covering their songs (especially in the first album, wag lang glycerine). Can't forget when we played "machinehead" sa isang intercollegiate BOTB,hehehe...

I have another gripe to express: Nowadays the Red Hot Chili Pepper's f#&king sellout!!

I miss the pinoy underground scene of the early to mid 90's, those who represented the so-called 3rd wave of pinoy rock...

peace!

pre, nakalimutan mo si "the doctor", hehehe...yep, dj carlos, with an "RRRRRRR", hehehe...

buhay pa LA 105.9 the album ko..tape nga lang..

peace!

hahaha malamang meron ka pang alpha records sampler tsaka yung ivory records sampler, yung mga cassette ko nun wala na, hiniram hindi na binalik. hehehe

yep, buhay pa mga casette ko nung alphanumeric sampler at yun sa ivory records din, damay mo na pati yung sa "Ang Himig natin" tapes 1 & 2 (old songs like "high school life" being rendered into a punk song). Problem nga lang medyo resistant na sa roll yung mga tapes; so what I did is to open-up the cassettes, then apply ng konting cornstarch powder sa magkabilang plastic film (para mawala resistance sa roll), close the tapes, then isang round nang buong rewind-fast forward, then play, ayos!

looking for a decent cassette tape player (yung matino output at my earphone jack), planning to encode this tapes into mp3's kasi eh..

peace!

the 90's was the time when rap was genuinely rap without the bling and grunge was at its finest.

there was the attempt to make rap part of the white music.

enter vanilla ice and snow

unfortunately, they went pffftt!!!

also, the 90s made popular acapella groups like boys II men, all4one and color me badd. i miss them,

Ok sana kung babalik sila pero wag nman mga jologs band tulad ng cueshe, rocksteady, kamikaze, shamrock and the likes ang patutugtugin nila. Jologs din ang mga makikinig sa kanila kung ganun.

siguradong nde ganun ang papatugtugin nila dun bro, i remember meron silang show dati pag gabi na mga indie artists ang guest nila, tas benta pa nung mga indie artist ung mga cassette nila na DiY.

• 6 months later...