Credit Card Talk

hi.. recently, my grandmother got an offer from citibank. no documents required, cause shes ben on globe platinum for the almost 5 years already. we recieved an offer from citibank,

the thing is.. when the question "occupation and name of company" appeared, we dont know what wo write. her income comes mainly from the crops of rice from tuguegarao and rents from apartments. she ahs 3 cars naman, and she owns her own home.

what should we put? we wanna take advantage of it kasi, sayang.. :D

anyone who could help us on what to put? to surely get approved? maski silver lang? but the gold is nice. hehe.

• Like (+1) 1
  • 2 weeks later...
What's the best way to get Philippine credit cards such as HSBC, Citibank or BPI credit cards?

I need another credit card for Christmas. :) Thanks!

know what? bpi credit card is the best.. you have the option to choose any type of card that they can offer...

world perks bpi credit card for those who travels a lot.. miles earned are actual miles no need to convert them plus it has no expiration

bpi classic card the only credit card accepted by makro with low annual fee

edge and mini edge for the yupees...

petron mastercard for those who loves to drive around..

so go and apply bpi credit card now!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
know what? bpi credit card is the best.. you have the option to choose any type of card that they can offer...

world perks bpi credit card for those who travels a lot.. miles earned are actual miles no need to convert them plus it has no expiration

bpi classic card the only credit card accepted by makro with low annual fee

edge and mini edge for the yupees...

petron mastercard for those who loves to drive around..

so go and apply bpi credit card now!!!!

Bro, ano ba requirement for bpi?

• 2 weeks later...

i really dont think so na madali mag-apply sa bpi...

normally for 1st timers, they would ask you to deposit an amount php 10,000 or above...

the money will be in a time deposit account which you cant touch for a year... after a year mo lang pwede request to remove the restriction based sa credit performance mo....

sa card issued naman, your credit limit is 70 to 80 percent of the amount in time deposit....

secured credit card ang term nila....

FYI guys... express start pala ang tawag nila sa program na ito....

• 2 weeks later...

the "plastic" makes you feel empowered to buy more than you need and more than you can afford. I've worked before as a collections officer at C#t*bank and I know too well the pitfalls of credit cards. rich and poor are afflicted by buying sprees and big discounts at malls but end up with huge balances, especially like us who are wage earners.

rpbert45 is correct about it's all a matter of discpline. but discipline in the whole financial sense not just in using and buying through our cards. that is, do you have at least 6 months worth salary in your bank, are you saving 10-15% every pay day before, do you have insurance, etc?

instead of credit cards, use your ATM as debit cards. it's as convenient as a credit card but you don't build a huge debt. I've been credit card free for 5 years and I'm lovin' it! my money which should go to interest now goes to spending for my kids and family on weekends!

When you have a credit card never buy something you can't pay for in cash and always pay all your balance in full. When you don't have the discipline talo ka sa credit card companies.

Advantages of having a credit card:

1. you don't have to carry a lot of cash everytime

2. you can defer the payment (meaning pag wala kang pera, gamitin mo muna card mo at sa due date mo na bayaran)

3. pay on installment

4. some card companies have discounts sa partner shops and you get 10% discount kahit walang sale

pero kung wala kang disiplina, i do not suggest you get a card

when it comes to credit card, i think hsbc & citibank can provide you with what you really need like international acceptance, high credit limit & reasonable interest rates. but as mentioned above, you have to use your credit card wisely & responsibly. remember that interest is only applicable if you don't pay the whole amount due. also, i would suggest that you just maintain one credit card, that way one membership fee payment is enough for the whole year. if possible, take good care of your credit standing because this entails increase in credit limit. stick to a silver type card since a gold type card is more expensive to maintain when it comes to membership fee renewal.

the only problem i see with owning a credit card is that you are not actually aware of what you are spending versus how much money you actully have thus your propensity to spend is greater. i would suggest to routinely check your credit card balance and allot your earnings accordingly.

QUOTE(jjb @ Jan 25 2007, 11:34 AM)

actually, I don't pay the annual fee anymore, I just tell them that I no longer want to use the card everytime after they charge me the annual fee - and for the past 4 years they have waived the annual fee....

can you really do that? could you please explain or discuss further? which card? thanks.

When the card company charges for the annual fee, I call the customer service hotline and tell them that I no longer need the card, they would ask why and I will tell them that I don't want to pay the annual fee or can't afford it anymore - they usually give in and tell me na this would be the only time they would waive it - I have 3 cards from citibank and I haven't paid for annual fees in 4 years - you have to consider though that I pay in full and on time.

QUOTE(jjb @ Jan 25 2007, 11:34 AM)

actually, I don't pay the annual fee anymore, I just tell them that I no longer want to use the card everytime after they charge me the annual fee - and for the past 4 years they have waived the annual fee....

can you really do that? could you please explain or discuss further? which card? thanks.

When the card company charges for the annual fee, I call the customer service hotline and tell them that I no longer need the card, they would ask why and I will tell them that I don't want to pay the annual fee or can't afford it anymore - they usually give in and tell me na this would be the only time they would waive it - I have 3 cards from citibank and I haven't paid for annual fees in 4 years - you have to consider though that I pay in full and on time.

this is a very good tactic, my renewal date will be coming up soon, i will try if this will work on me. thank you friend!