The SMART Complaint Thread

• 1 month later...

I just got PLDT DSL installed last feb 14. My friend who's a few blocks away got his SMART Bro installed yesterday lang. When we checked our bandwidth meter he's getting 150 mbps while I'm getting 600 mbps ;) So far very stable connection ko...

I also installed wireless routers sa mga smartbro installations (office and home) the burst that I got with smartbro is abou 280mbps...

Value for money and stability wise.. I'll go for wired. :rolleyes: IMHO

This is absolute my friend

Wireless will not beat wired ....

BUT this does not guarantee FASTER downloand/upload to any given Internet activity

Just like any traffic situation .... plying the 8 X 2 Lane EDSA does not guarantee you will arrive from Monumento to Baclaran faster than

Roxas blvd-Abad Santos-Rizal Avenue all the time

Traffic is always situational

I just got PLDT DSL installed last feb 14. My friend who's a few blocks away got his SMART Bro installed yesterday lang. When we checked our bandwidth meter he's getting 150 mbps while I'm getting 600 mbps ;) So far very stable connection ko...

I also installed wireless routers sa mga smartbro installations (office and home) the burst that I got with smartbro is abou 280mbps...

Value for money and stability wise.. I'll go for wired. :rolleyes: IMHO

Edited by lomex32

i went sa smart wireless center 3 weeks ago. it was a thu. around 1pm un. Nag-aaply ako smart bro.. grabe at around 530 same day.. nd2 na sa house ko. Ayos! nachambahan ko daw na may sched sila here. so far, ok na ok ako smart bro. once lang ako nwalan connection. mabiis pa na solve. tapos i added Php99/month to avail ung wifi. coolness! ok an ko tlga!

smart bro.. galing to! 100mbps!

Whether whether ika nga

On a typical day of using your service .... EXECUTE a TRACEROUTE from your COMPUTER to any prefered INTERNET SITE

Results will show the LATENCY of your connection to the destination.

NOTE. It takes several HOPS from you end .... Meaning your connection moves from one equipment to another one service provider to another...

At any given point CONGESTION may happend to any of this intemediate points .... and this will cause your connection to SLOW DOWN

Been using SmartBro for almost a year. So far it has been ok.

Tested my speed just now using CNET Internet speed and it came out at:

257.3 kbps

sometimes when I do my test it comes out to 300kbps+.

It really depends on the traffic.

1st time here in this thread.... i been using smart about a year plus so far the speed is average, the tech support is below average (not so techie).... experience a numbered downtime and i got a billing adjustment (i forwarded my downtime logs to them and most importantly keep them inform about your downtime so you have an adjustment...)

Can you cheat the RapidShare download limit with Smart Bro? Been trying the ipconfig (release, flushdns, renew) trick, but my IP is still the same ..

you cannot change your IP since it is obtain automatically... unless you request a public ip address with smart (this will take sometime and cost you)... you obtain your IP address thru smart DHCP server and you notice its a private IP address (not routable in the internet)... NAT (network address translation) will do the job when you do surfing, downloading, etc... your private IP address will be translated to public IP which you will find out what will be your public ip address by checking in this site www.whatismyipaddress.com... also your speed (bandwidth) will depend in your package subscription how fast your download, how many user shared in international bandwidth for this type of access... advantage if you have a committed information rate with your provider that you alone can use that bandwidth and nobody else (again this is costly)... trying accessing off peak and may help a lot...

Eto lang masasabi ko sa service ng Smart Bro:

S ervice sucks

M abagal ang response time

A lways sira ang connection

R aming excuses for poor service

T echnical support walang alam

B obo mga telephone agents

R eplace your Smart Bro

O rdinary dial-up na lang

nagpainstall mrs ko ng smart bro wala pang 24 hrs naiinstall ilang beses na syang tumatawag sa tech support dahil matagal daw magconnect sa internet i think it takes 30 minutes bago magconnect, sabi ng tech support baka daw grounded after one day pinuntuhan then sabi grounded nga daw at naayos nman..

sa tingin ko problema ng smart bro contractor nila sa installation.. mabilis silang gumawa hindi inaayos ung trabaho nila gusto nila makarami ng installation sa isang araw.. contractor kasi masmarami mainstall masmalaki ang kita..

installer din ako ng wireless before pero hindi sa meridian.. wala nman problema sa wireless connection kung maiinstall lng ng maayos at nkatutok tlga ng maigi ung antenna.. babagal lng tlga ang connection kung umuulan kasi interference yun kahit san wireless connection ganun ang resulta.. isa png cause ng pagbagal eh kung ung server or gateway ng internet provider eh congested na..

Eto lang masasabi ko sa service ng Smart Bro:

S ervice sucks

M abagal ang response time

A lways sira ang connection

R aming excuses for poor service

T echnical support walang alam

B obo mga telephone agents

R eplace your Smart Bro

O rdinary dial-up na lang

i've been suffering and agonizing with this NOT-SO-SMART BRO service for a little less than one year now....i've made countless calls to their NO-SO-SMART customer not-so-assistance hotline...every time i called, its always a "canned" answer that i would get...before i forget, my problem has never been resolved....i've been complaining since DAY 1.....i'm relieved that i'm almost finally over with the locked-in period...only a few more days of VERY POOR, VERY SLOW, VERY INEFFICIENT NOT-SO-SMART (stupid!) service....i hope my experience doesn't befall somebody else....beware!

Thanks for the info. What I did was to install rapidleecher to my website na lang .. download the files I want from rapidshare or megaupload and then download then from my server na lang later ..

you cannot change your IP since it is obtain automatically... unless you request a public ip address with smart (this will take sometime and cost you)... you obtain your IP address thru smart DHCP server and you notice its a private IP address (not routable in the internet)... NAT (network address translation) will do the job when you do surfing, downloading, etc... your private IP address will be translated to public IP which you will find out what will be your public ip address by checking in this site www.whatismyipaddress.com... also your speed (bandwidth) will depend in your package subscription how fast your download, how many user shared in international bandwidth for this type of access... advantage if you have a committed information rate with your provider that you alone can use that bandwidth and nobody else (again this is costly)... trying accessing off peak and may help a lot...
  • 3 weeks later...

been using smart bro for a yr...the first couple of months was appalling due to "technical activities" and/or upgrades to the system. the succeeding months were fine for a not so super user like me with occasional down time in their service. for this, you'll need to call technical support to effect a billing adjustment which can be a hassle at times...the thing is you're locked in for a year when you subscribe so i guess that leaves you with no choice but to complain.now, they have a promo til may 07 - one monthly service free waived if you paid the march - may bills on time...our bro is smart enough to listen and pacify us lil children :)