i think that would be the better way of saying that. in customer service, it's not what you say but HOW you say it.

because they think that we think that they are always right, they also have the tendency to abuse. they maybe kings but they are not always right.  :hypocritesmiley:

after almost 20 years in a service industry, you are quite right, customers have a tendency to abuse. just take a look at a crowded jollibee or macdonalds outlet and see what kind of abuse the service crew put up with. on the other hand, 90% of my clients are very understanding and cooperative. so i guess that more than makes up for dealing with the a******s.

chaotix

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

well i guess Im just looking for a place to get this thing off my chest....

About a couple of months ago I had my sister bring my Timex watch to one of there shops in Alabang for repair. After a couple of weeks I picked up the watch at there store and paid for all the nessesary fee's. At that time I was sorta happy with their service, the repairman was quite friendly and was showing off his work, telling me that with his ingenuity he actually saved me a couple of pesos and weeks of waiting.

So after about a week the watch was working prefectly but then I took the watch swimming! After about a minute of swimming the watch started to take in water!!!! So i tried to remove the watch but it was too late and eventually the LCD just started fluttering and eventually went dead. Now since i was at an outing i never really got pissed. Now before I had the watched repaired i wore that watch to every body of water the i got the chance to swim in and it never took in water. It even has a mark on the face saying that it was water proof to 50 Meters!

So when i got back to Manila i went straight to the shop and complain! When i got to speak to the manager and told her my problem, i was really surprised about her answer! She told me that there watches should only be used under running water! :blink: I was really dumb founded and i wanted to tell her that 'miss meron bang nakasulat na TANGA sa noo ko?' After further arguing with the manager she changed her statement and said something about repair policy that once a watch was repaired by them they can no longer guarantee that the watch will stay water proof. So they ask me if i was informed by this policy and i said no, I said my sister was the one who dropped off the watch. So i called up my sister and asked her if she was also informed of this policy but unfortunately she was not. You cant even find the policy written on the reciept!

To make a lllllllllooooooooooonnnggggg story short there are now asking me to pay for the watch that was damaged bec. of some fault on the part of their employee. :cool:

HAD A VERY BAD EXPERIENCE IN JOLIBEE DELIVERY IT HAPPENED THREE TIMES ALREADY.THEY WILL DELIVER YOUR FOOD THE FASTEST IS 1HR.OR LONGER .I DON'T KNOW IF THEIR DELIVERY GUY IS NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE AREA....BY THE WAY I LIVE IN BF PARANAQUE..THERE ARE TWO JOLIBEE BRANCHES WITHIN MY COMMUNITY I DONT KNOW WHICH ONE IS HANDLING DELIVERIES INSIDE BF. :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley:

i had an bad experience with bioresearch(sucat) i went there to buy a ohf (overheadfilter) went there sa mga rack which contain all the different models of ohf, got one and opened it after some checking on the item i returned all the components back to the box and went to the cashier to pay for it. went home and when i opened it s@%t nawawala yung part(hose) so i decided to call them, after some time of being put on hold and transfered to so many numbers to call. someone took the call and i explained to her what happned, my purpose is just to check kung naiwan ko ba doon yung hose?(which is more likely) but the one who answered berated me and told me na kc kasalanan ko raw yun dahil do ako nag-check bago umalis. the hell!!!! its just a hose na worth 30pesos sa cartimar! i have never insinuated na naiwan ko doon yung hose, baka lang naroon pa? pagkatapos ng call na yun eh sobrang pissed off ako!!! so i decided to write a letter of complain to the management of bioresearch and furnished a copy to all their branches but to my dismay eh di sila nag-reply, so ang ginagawa ko na lang eh i dont patronize them anymore and pinagkakalat ko na pangit and mahal benta nilang isda!!(which is the truth by the way) they a have a wide selection but that's it, BullS*** customer relations and full of crap management is what they have!!!

You know what mga pre, ang buhay ng isang company ay nasa customer. Kung walang customer pano pa maggrow ang company mo. Think about that! Patience is the best way to deal with a customer. You must put your feet into their shoes so that that you understand them. Basta gandahan mo paliwanag mo at sigurado ako at makikinig yan. Bigyan mo different examples and scenarios in layman's term para maintindihan nila tungkol sa mga product or services mo.

Take this into your mind:

1. Take care of your customer so that they will also take care of you. Meaning may mga friends yan, kaopisina, katrabaho, kamag-anak at iba ibang tao ang nakakasalimuha nyan with different professions, so makakatulong yan para i-refer nila ung company mo and that is a simple way of marketing your products/services.

2. If you don't take care of them somebody will take care of them. Therefore, if you don't take care of them "you lost one of your customer".

3. Proper conversation to customer will lead to companies succes!

4. In our present economy there's so much competition. So you must be competitive to all kinds of services, products, management style and so on.

5. Now, why is it that there's so many call centers here in the philippines? Why? This is because the call centers will take care of the customer or consumers. For instance, MERALCO.. Why is it that they have a call center?

This are some of my understanding regarding "customer is always right". Now, if you have any comments/ suggestions to my writings it would be okey for me to post your opinion. I hope we learn each other by way of giving informations with regards to knowledge and experiences.

Thank you....

By the way, I'm Electrical Engineer knowledgeable in electric distribution utility not a customer care representative. Thanks. :)

• 5 weeks later...

i don't agree. it depends on the situation. although customer's are a business' life, you don't really have to bear with them if they are incorrect.

i believe it is just a matter of understanding each other. if the customer understands well the policies and procedures of the company then there's no problem at all.

the company itself needs to be more cautious of course with what type of customer to deal with.

but that goes as well with understanding customer's. the nature of people is to get mad when they don't understand something that is being pushed to them or not correctly explained.

my problem with company's nowadays is that they now have "customer representatives" or "customer relations" or "24/7 tech support" which is full of whoever that only follow certain instructions to troubleshoot your problem.

This is good at least they know that there service does have a problem and they have prepared a sequence to determine the root cause.

But, I get pissed off with this so called "first line support" because even as they do their jobs - when your problem doesnt get resolved - you get passed to the next level... which doesn't act on your problem and keeps repeating what the "first level" support asks...

I try to ask for the manager/shift supervisor but then I realized that these guys dont know s@%t either...

Gone are the days when the manager attends to the complaints of the customer and ensures that the employee gets reprimanded for bad service...

Gone are the days when we get value for our money...

It Depends on the situation...

For Example may nagbayad na customer na credit card pero nakita mo na hindi pala sa kanya yung credit card pu-push mo pa ba yung sales?

sa ibang store kasi pag nagbayad ka ng Credit card lalo na mahal yung item hinihingian ng I.D. usually 2 valid ID.

It Depends on the situation...

For Example may nagbayad na customer na credit card pero nakita mo na hindi pala sa kanya yung credit card pu-push mo pa ba yung sales?

sa ibang store kasi pag nagbayad ka ng Credit card lalo na mahal yung item hinihingian ng I.D. usually 2 valid ID.

Alam mo bka SNATCHER YAN! Hehehe. Kasi hindi pala sa kanya ung credit card.

In your example, It's specific and seemed to be petty because you know that there's something wrong. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
You know what mga pre, ang buhay ng isang company ay nasa customer. Kung walang customer pano pa maggrow ang company mo. Think about that! Patience is the best way to deal with a customer. You must put your feet into their shoes so that that you understand them. Basta gandahan mo paliwanag mo at sigurado ako at makikinig yan. Bigyan mo different examples and scenarios in layman's term para maintindihan nila tungkol sa mga product or services mo. .............................................

Tama ka dyan pare ko, Customers are always right but not all the time. Ang kailangan ay tamang paliwanag at tamang sagot. Kung sakaling ipapasa mo sa iyong super or ibang grupo dahil hindi territoryo and tinatanong.

Siguraduhin mong ipaliwanag mo sa pagpapasahan mo ang concern ng customer. Ang madalas maka pagsara ng isipan ng isang customer ay ang pag ulit ulit ng kanyang problema sa mga pinagpasahan....

i don't agree. it depends on the situation. although customer's are a business' life, you don't really have to bear with them if they are incorrect.

i believe it is just a matter of understanding each other. if the customer understands well the policies and procedures of the company then there's no problem at all.

the company itself needs to be more cautious of course with what type of customer to deal with.

but that goes as well with understanding customer's. the nature of people is to get mad when they don't understand something that is being pushed to them or not correctly explained.

my problem with company's nowadays is that they now have "customer representatives" or "customer relations" or "24/7 tech support" which is full of whoever that only follow certain instructions to troubleshoot your problem.

This is good at least they know that there service does have a problem and they have prepared a sequence to determine the root cause.

But, I get pissed off with this so called "first line support" because even as they do their jobs - when your problem doesnt get resolved - you get passed to the next level... which doesn't act on your problem and keeps repeating what the "first level" support asks...

I try to ask for the manager/shift supervisor but then I realized that these guys dont know s@%t either...

Gone are the days when the manager attends to the complaints of the customer and ensures that the employee gets reprimanded for bad service...

Gone are the days when we get value for our money...

Ang isang kakulangan ngayon sa mga customer service rep ay ang " Art of Listening" naririnig ka nila pero di ka nila naiintindihan.

Tama din ang sinabi ni glen1234s. dahil karamihan sa kanila ay FAQ or pre set question and answer depende sa problema ng tumawag. Pag nalihis na o nakakaintindi ang kausap.. patay na... para ka nang me kausap na robot. Yun din ng yun ang sinasabi.

Sa customer support ng mga DSL company o ng Cell phone provider madalas mangyari sa akin. Since galing din ako sa industrya pamilyar ako sa systems, configurations and paano ang architecture.

Kadalasan ang tanong ko lang ay saan ang problema at kailan maayos... uumpisahan ako ng (sa dsl) trouble shooting...kako..tapos na ko at wala sa akin ang problema..pero pagpipilitan pa rin.. kasi daw ganun ang systema...

Pag hindi maayos, sasabihin obserbahan na lang muna o me technical prob at inaasikaso pa.. pag tinanong mo kailang nagumpisa hindi alam, kailan maaayos ay hindi din alam o walang feedback pa. pag tinanong mo saan ang problema, isa lang ang sagot..base station.. tanong saan ang base station..hindi din alam...confidential daw.(?) tanong mo kung ano pagkakaiba ng base station at relay or cell station... misan ang sagot pareho lang daw yun or wala daw syang info...

Ganyan ang systema...

Kaya We Will get back to you! :grr: :D ;)