Career Choices: Money Or Passion?

as of now, hindi pa ako working, mag board exam pa lang ako sa may 2008, pero i preferred passion than money. dapat enjoy ka on what you are doing. but hindi ko alam if yan pa din choice ko pag nag work na ako.. mahirap din ciguro kumita pera..kaya di ko pa masabi yan ngaun..when the time comes na self supporting na ako, then dun ko na talaga masasbi..

as of now, hindi pa ako working, mag board exam pa lang ako sa may 2008, pero i preferred passion than money. dapat enjoy ka on what you are doing. but hindi ko alam if yan pa din choice ko pag nag work na ako.. mahirap din ciguro kumita pera..kaya di ko pa masabi yan ngaun..when the time comes na self supporting na ako, then dun ko na talaga masasbi..

• 1 month later...

If I'm gonna have it my way, I'd go for passion anytime knowing that I'm gonna excel in that field - me at my very best. I tend to think of it as not a job but a calling. I'm a believer in this Confucian saying that goes, "Find a job you love and you don't have to work a day in your life." Some are willing to settle for lesser pay because they love and enjoy what they do. It's not just about money.

For some, however, it's between that or a cold hard place. Practicality comes to play and you'll have to compromise. Ever wondered why a lot of people opted to work in Call Centers instead of practicing their line of expertise? 1) There are limited openings in their field (always a possibility); 2) It's financially rewarding compared to their previous job, that they're willing to put up with the stress and stuff - read: Financial Security; 3) Job security.

In the long run, regardless of the choices or career options you make, there's no such thing as an easy ride. The only easy day was yesterday. This is just my opinion.

If I were to be practical, I'd say go for money. You can do what you want on the side. Besides, I'm the kind of girl who can get used to things... Things grow on me after awhile and I guess you can say that when I get used to something, I learn to like/love it.

Fortunately, my passion is to take care of people. And being a doctor pays good money, baby. :thumbsupsmiley:

• 3 weeks later...

none of the above. in as much as i want to say that money doesn't matter and i don't really have a problem with it but it still does matter. just because i don't have to worry much about money doesn't mean i will settle to working in the field i'm passionate about and get paid about 7k a month. NO WAY! i'm better off doing something else i also get to enjoy and get paid at least more than 2x that even if this field is not exactly the love of my life.