Beer Belly

problem ko yan before,and yes exercise would do,lalo na yung mga circuit training. and i do play basketball twice a week,and drinking lukewarm water after eating also works for me.dont know if its a myth but ever since ive tried that regimen hinde na nalaki tiyan ko kahit na i miss some training exercise.dont have a six pack abs but mine is now manageable.can wear fitted shirts,and it do boost confidence.

• 3 weeks later...

Was wondering also.

Since pag beer belly na, matigas na siya.

Come to think of it, parang permanent na siya eh.

Thanks in advance sa mga mag bibigay ng tips. happy.gif

lalambot ang matigas na beer belly once you start making lifestyle changes: "eat less, move more"

i used to have a tough big beer belly too, but in two months' time of dieting and exercise (i started to weigh 192lb last november 11, now i'm 174lb), it softened up.

ang unang lalambot ay left and right love handles mo, then the abs (or in my case, ab) will begin to shrink. mind control lang tuwing nagugutom at nakakaamoy

ng masasarap. in my case, it's fear that my body readings (pronounced high in blood sugar, cholesterol and blood pressure) will get worse

well, you may indulge in one heavy meal a week, yung dati mong kinagawian. then get back to your resolution.

one thing i noticed, ang mahal magpapayat! hehehe. all those greens, walnut, kiwi, etc.

as for exercise, aside from dumbbells, i dance using ps3 and wii programs ("just dance 2014", "just dance 4", "just dance greatest hits"), then 30-minute run treadmill once or twice a week

• Like (+1) 2
  • 1 month later...

unfortunately for most men, the abdominal fats are the first to increase when we overeat and the last to disappear when we diet.....sit ups will tighten your abdominal muscles and will make your abdomen looks smaller, but the fats are still there....the solution is really simple.... but hard to do.....burn more calories than you eat!!! in simple words.....eat less and exercise more.......and by the way, the leg muscles are the best fat burners....so i suggest develop those leg muscles and use them (translation....do squats, leg extension and leg curls using weights and when your leg muscles are develop, run a marathon or ride a bike. ....i just hope i can do this suggestions of mine..... and the last suggestion.....NO EXCUSES....that goes for me too!!!!! LOL

• Like (+1) 1

ang alam ko sa beer belly, malaking chan a :D

in general, as anyone will tell you, it's 50% diet 30% exercise and 20% power of will.

eat 4-5 small meals a day. this will keep you from overeating and would help you raise your metabolism.

cut back on sugar, sodium... beer hehe.

eat a balanced diet

exercise. focus more on cardio (running, biking, plyometrics and so on)

at syempre pag sinimulan, wag pabayaan :)

Cardio will do

before doing cardio, experts recommend strength workout, say 3 sets of 12 reps of the heaviest weight you can lift for your chosen exercise. after punishing yourself for 15 minutes (ok, 10 minutes for you initiates) of these, then you may go for 15-minute cardio

cardio before heavy sets? nah, they've got a ton of reasons why this is less effective.

• Like (+1) 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nakakaoverwhelm ang wall of text nito at first, but this link really helps from diet, to which exercises to do.

http://simplesciencefitness.com/

IMO, reduce body fat % talaga ang way to go. May machine sa mga mercury drugstores na nagbibigay ng height, weight, body fat%, BMI, etc for 5pesos. Maganda sya pantrack ng progress. In some cases, hindi palaging magandang batayan ang weight, better ang body fat% na pancheck if you want to take out that tummy flab/beer belly.

"You cannot spot reduce. When you burn fat, you burn fat all over your body. Men commonly have stubborn fat in their abdominal and lower back areas while women store more fat in their thighs, glutes, and breasts. How much fat being stored there is determined by genetics."

I agree about the leg workout. Siya ang largest muscle group kaya pag winorkout mo sya, more calories burned.

I agree, crunches don't do squat. It will only make your abdomen firm but not significantly smaller. You need to perform cardio vascular exercises on an empty stomach to burn fat effectively. Plus you need to really discipline your eating habits. Olive oil, cinnamon in black coffee, honey, tuna oil are all helpful and did great results for me. Carbs are ok. Your body wont properly metabolize without carbohydrates. Its sugar or sweets that you really should stay away from. They spike up your insulin levels and command your body to store more fat. Worst of all they make you hungry all the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Lifestyle at disiplina talaga sa pagkain ang pinakaimportanteng bagay kung gusto lumiit ang tyan.

Exercise helps of course. But when not done in consistency or properly, it wont do you much. Tsaka kahit ilang oras pa ilaan mo sa pag-ji-gym, kung mali naman ang kain mo, balewala din. Ang dami dami mong makikita sa gym na ang lalaki ng mga braso, ang lalapad ng mga dibdib, pero may tyan pa din. Kahit araw araw ka magbasketball kung pagkatapos naman inuman kasunod, sisig rice pa pulutan talagang magkakatyan ka talaga.

• 2 weeks later...

Two words: Caloric Deficit.

Lessen your intake of calories (but not at a dangerous level), and/or increase the amount of physical activity.

You don't have to starve yourself naman mga papi at mami. Tamang kain lang. Vegetables. Wag chopsuey at mga heavy sa sauce na veggies ha? Niloloko mo lang sarili mo dyan.

Chopsuey (at least the way my mom used to cook it) has alot of corn starch and flour to make the sauce thick. Bad! Kangkong with garlic = GOOD!

Physical activity? Start walking up the stairs if you work in a high rise building. Mag walis ng bahay araw-araw. Wag mo nang gamitin yung washing machine para sa paglaba, kamay na lang!

Tips lang. :)

• 2 weeks later...