182 replies to this topic

#21 wiz0rx

wiz0rx

Experienced

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 08:49 PM

always chek engine maintenance.... hv a safe drive...

#22 enobi13

enobi13

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 11:57 PM

well, some of the things that toyota does not want to admit that their vehicles have factory defects:

corolla altis- power window malfunction, power door lock malfunction, windows frequently misalign, trunk hard to close
innova- D4D - will jerk or shut down due to fuel injection problem, manual shift will not shift to 2nd gear, rattling sound underneath when fully loaded
vios- busted lights due to signal light switch malfunction
rav4 04 model- brake pad replacement needed coz it will eat up the brake disc, oxygen sensor problem
revo- always rattling back door

BEWARE!!!!!!NEVER USE THE AMALIE SYNTHETIC OIL IT BUILDS UP SLUDGES ON YOUR ENGINE!!!!!! it was not recommended By Toyota Motor PHILS but the Casa owner TOYOTA QUEZON AVE. sell them because they have a huge margin for profit.

#23 pogi1119

pogi1119

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Interests:Badmintor, Swimming

Posted 23 March 2007 - 02:07 AM

HAd already experienced 5 toyotas, model 79, 91, 93, 95, 99 during my employment days (company car). Always noticed their headlight power is the weakest compared to other japanese car brands

#24 easyhard

easyhard

Surgeon in the House

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 02:39 AM

The thread starter has every reason to be mad, ikaw ba naman ang masiraan ng sasakyan.

But I think condemning Toyota as a whole is out of line. The recent JD Power Vehicle Dependability Ratings ranks Toyota and Lexus (its high end counterpart) on top of every other car maker around. in another survey, I forgot which one, they found out that 86% of Toyota Corollas purchased in 1989 are still running. I know this is US statistics but think again. In a country where junking an old car is a common thing, why would Corolla owners still use their old cars?

If he wants to make a case against the dealer who did the oil change, then do it. s@%t happens, Sorry ka na lang at sa 'yo nangyari ito. Ho humm...

cHECK THIS LINK
http://www.jdpower.c....asp?ID=2006133

#25 willow_boy

willow_boy

A Willow in the Woods

• UNREGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2731 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 02:47 AM

The problem may be due to the local components that Toyota uses on its cars. Toyota needs to satisfy the government's requirements regarding local content. My father has a Toyota and had problems with its power windows. Upon further inquiries and research, he found out that the malfunctioning parts were locally made.

I agree though that Toyota should have done a better job assuring the quality of the parts that it sources from its local suppliers.

#26 shoeless_joe

shoeless_joe

Devirginized

• (04) Casual
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 02:57 AM

just bought an altis nung feb. i hope i don't encounter the same problems as the thread starter did.

this would be my third corolla in the last 15 years. small body and big body yung first two ko. so far naman, wala naman akong na-encounter na problems na ganun. yung big body, naitakbo ko ng 256000 kms and not once did i have it overhauled.[

#27 jjb

jjb

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 03:35 PM

I also hope this does not happen to me....

#28 bogliboi_blue

bogliboi_blue

i am a plush toy tiger

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:01 PM

My mom's had the last four generations of Corolla. Apart from wearing the clutch down to the metal on our old AE101 when it hit seven years, and the inevitable sagging/softening of springs, there haven't been any problems with any of our Corollas.

I'm sure I'm not alone.

A few bad apples does not poison the whole basket, unfortunately. You have every right to be mad, but eroding the trust of people in "bullet-proof" Corollas in general isn't exactly correct either.

#29 Don Carleone

Don Carleone

don

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1024 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 02:40 AM

i think its toyota q ave.. bulok tlga dun.. i used to have my car serviced there.. not anymore.. toyota otis na ako.. also, complete ba maintenance ng altis mo? baka naman kulang kulang? i change oil every 5000kms.. bought mine 2004, right now, almost 50k na milage nya, and wala naman problems..

#30 monsignor28

monsignor28

MTC Frustrated Priest

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • 2724 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 05:45 PM

i was planning to buy pa naman a Vios. with all the feedback's here now im having second thought's

#31 flashman

flashman

Retired

• UNREGISTERED
  • 1490 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:24 PM

i was planning to buy pa naman a Vios. with all the feedback's here now im having second thought's

sir do not second thought about buying a vios. toyota is still a toyota. based sa story ng thread starter, q ave casa ang nagsabi na kailangan na i overhaul. yang casa na yan ng toyoyta ang pinaka walang kwenta. baka sila pa sumira ng engine mo para may kita sila ng malaki. maraming bad reviews sa casa na yan kaya i suggest sa ibang casa na kayo mag pa service or on any reputable car shops/talyer na lang.

#32 mrxtacy2003

mrxtacy2003

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 07:46 PM

With all due respect to the threadstarter but since i've read the same thing tsikot i guess its all about maintenance. I've had several Toyota vehicles since 1989 both brand new and 2nd hand vehicles, but not one ever gave me a headache.

Reason is I took time to educate myself and giving time to maintain the car day in and day out. Not a single day did I miss looking after my cars until now (except siguro kung may sakit ako which I don't have to use it anyway).

Check your oil, spark plugs, battery the works... its a routine.

Like my peers always say, if you don't know how to maintain your car and all you can do is drive, then you're no different than an average lady (no puns intended). Get my point?

Last but not least, I never take any of my cars sa Casa bakit? una, mahal... pangalawa, as one poster said, madami dyan OJT and lacks experience. Dun ako sa sigurado and kilala na lang kahit ma void pa warranty ko at least i know my cars are in good hands.

#33 Don Carleone

Don Carleone

don

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1024 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 01:20 AM

its not wise to void ur warranty.. from experience, i had my car fixed sa toyota UN ave.. under chasis stuff.. total bill was 80k++.. didnt shell out a single penny due to warranty.. so sulit narin..

#34 kanski

kanski

All-seeing Eye

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • 2598 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 07:08 AM

my take on this.. it is the service that is wanting and not the car. cars will always have problems and given the fact that the threadstarters car was already 5 years old and had 40k kms on it means that you can expect problems to arise from normal wear and tear. however one can expect to have a problem free ride after you've brought it to the casa to have it checked out. i think superfunk should sue.

toyota is a big company worldwide. and in the philippines specifically, toyota is no. 1 in sales year in and year out for the past decade by a mile. so i think it can afford to loosen up in its perceived responsibility to its customers when problems in its vehicles arise. after all, they will remain no. 1 in sales again at the end of the year anyway.

as a result, you may see it in their callous reaction to accepting responsibility to a problem like superfunks. and you see it in the pricing of their vehicles and service (sorry, can't get over paying 6k for an oil change- materials only w/o labor charges since my vehicle was still under warranty). will it change? i seriously doubt it given the general culture that pervades in our country with regards to customer satisfaction- non-existent. besides, you're going to buy their cars again anyway!

#35 Diego Lo

Diego Lo

Lover

• (05) Regular
  • 1069 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 02:31 PM

mag honda na lang kayo!

#36 kayesantos

kayesantos

more than the mediocre

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1051 posts
  • Interests:anything under the sun

Posted 11 May 2007 - 04:22 PM

nissan ang ok

#37 kenntot

kenntot

Experienced

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 01:02 AM

mag commute na lng tau.^^

#38 Don Carleone

Don Carleone

don

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1024 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 02:42 AM

had much more bad experiences with honda..

#39 tam2

tam2

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:51 AM

ang cause daw ay nagkakarga ako ng fuel na hindi unleaded (i.e. velocity,
blaze or vortex gold) i dunno how true, i never heard of such thing, and wala rin sinabi sakin ang ford makati (where i bought the car)
nung binili ko yan na hindi pwede kargahan ng hindi unleaded....

sir that's complete BS, all gasoline in the Philippines are mandated by law as unleaded. Velocity, Blaze, Gold V-Power are all unleaded gas albeit with hicgher octane rating.

#40 machizmoz

machizmoz

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 03:23 PM

makikigulo lang ako....
i don't work for toyota and i don't have any connection either....

i received a letter from toyota last december saying they are recalling all innova manufactured 2006
for a replacement of the rear axle shaft. it's free of charge. i have mine replaced last month.
they said that it was due to a design flaw which might cause the innova to be immobilized. imagine? wrecker
yan pag nagkataon. they were prudent enough to admit they made a mistake and replace it. magkano kaya ginastos nila?
anyway, i just thought na if ever totoong design flaw yang pump ng altis, hindi ba dapat ganito rin ginawa nila and replace
it free of charge?

now, para naman sa ford lynx ko, it was a 2000 model. around 2004, with a mileage of around 25k, naging sluggish at may jerking
pa ang takbo, dinala ko sa casa. ford quezon avenue to be accurate. sabi nila they need to change an electronic part which costs
15k. sabi nila, lahat daw ng lynx pinapalitan yun, sabi pa nila, ang cause daw ay nagkakarga ako ng fuel na hindi unleaded (i.e. velocity,
blaze or vortex gold) i dunno how true, i never heard of such thing, and wala rin sinabi sakin ang ford makati (where i bought the car)
nung binili ko yan na hindi pwede kargahan ng hindi unleaded....

in conclusion, i would rather go toyota, at least they admit their fault.

*sino jan may ford lynx at nagkaganito? time to create a new thread! haha

Had the exact same problem with my lynx 2005. Two months ago I bought it at the casa with the same complaint. Sabi nga nila may isang electronic part na kelangan palitan. This coincides with my PMS so when I received my bill around 30k ata ang kelangan kong bayaran kc daw for the part!! They even told me na baka daw accidentally nakapagkarga ako ng diesel kaya nagkaganun. Ha???!!! Cyempre nagreklamo ako talaga since they never informed me beforehand na may kelangan palitan. Then the service advisor txted me up after a couple of hours saying na nagkamali lang daw and they never replaced a part naman at around 10k lang pala ang kelangan kong bayaran. If I never complained ewan kung anong nangyari.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users