Who Is Into Scale Modelling?

coolestboy

I just bought my two model biplanes (academy brand 1:72 scale) and started working on it. Used to do it in high school but stopped.

Now that I am getting back to this hobby, I am calling all modellers to contribute their tips, Advice and know how on this wonderful hobby.

(1) Tips where to buy models (aircrafts, tanks, ships, cars, etc)

(2) Tips on assembling

(3) Tips on painting

etc.

Hope to hear from you guys!

Let's see . . . .

1) Tips where to buy models:

Lil's - they specialize in military hardware:

Megamall

Park Square 2

Specialty Toys - they have a lot of sci fi

SM Fairview

SM North

Ali Mall

Isetann Recto

Festival Mall

Alabang Town Center

(2) Tips on assembling - before you start, do some research. Some brands are not accurate with coloring.

(3) Tips on painting - buy an airbrush. Once you use one, you won't use a paint brush anymore.

I just bought my two model biplanes (academy brand 1:72 scale) and started working on it.  Used to do it in high school but stopped.

Now that I am getting back to this hobby, I am calling all modellers to contribute their tips, Advice and know how on this wonderful hobby.

(1) Tips where to buy models (aircrafts, tanks, ships, cars, etc)

(2) Tips on assembling

(3) Tips on painting

etc.

Hope to hear from you guys!

Finally! A thread on scale modeling! Like you, I used to build military scale models when I was in grade school but of course, when I got into high school, I discovered girls and having "toys" wasn't considered really kewl.

Like the other poster said, Lil's has probably the best selection at reasonable prices. You can also try the Special Toys and Hobbies chain but personally I don't see eye to eye with Winston, he gave me some bad advice a few years ago. If you go to Lil's Glorietta, try to talk to Jo, she's my contact when it comes to buying kits. Go also to Makati Cinema Square and look for Roel's shop, its called Hobbies and Comics, you can't miss it becoz he has some models on display. If Roel is in, you can ask him for advice too.

For more info, I suggest you google the following websites:

IPMS Philippines Bert Anido Chapter

Fine Scale Models

Aircraftresourcecenter.com

Hyperscale.com

Missing Links

Perth Military Modeling Society

You will find the latest news about the hobby as well as galleries and articles of model builds. They also have very good tips and tricks.

So much has changed about this hobby, you have better kits, more aftermarket as well as new techniques and approaches to painting and finishing. This is now an adult hobby and you can tell by the costs of the kits and tools. Enjoy the hobby dude, its a great way to unwind.

i was also into this hobby when i was in high school.

i also bought my toys at lil's at megamall.

i had a few fighter planes and some military ships.

i also wish to get back into this hobby if i have some time to spare.

Hehehe they are not "toys". Since coming back into this hobby 5 years ago, I have finished 12 builds, have bought 500 plus kits, tons of tools and paints, and gained many friends from all over the world thru the internet. I only have to live till the ripe old age of 202 to finish all the kits I bought.

My wife tolerates this because it keeps me at home (most of the time) :D

On my bench as of tonight:

1/35 DML Easy Eight (Korean War) - still working on the suspension and tracks, this is the old DML kit with the Italeri hull and two piece indi link tracks with two sinkholes each, easily one of my least liked kits which is why it is taking me forever to finish.

1/48 Tamiya F-16A - masking the canopy stage, will do this as a Belgian Viper in Tiger Meet markings using the Revell decals.

1/72 Italeri Griffon - painting the interior

1/72 Academy A-10 - finishing up the cockpit, the decals are bad, ordered a Twobobs decal sheet for this.

What are you guys building?

Something I'd like to share with you:

First of all, let's focus on what plastic model kits are not: they are not toys. In fact, the finished models are too fragile to be handled except with the greatest care. You can't give them to the kids to play with, and you can't even use them as doorstops or paperweights.

A plastic model is actually totally unusable when finished - their only purpose is to sit on the shelf, collecting dust and look great (or even cute as my wife would say). But as any model builder would agree, managing to catch the spirit of a powerful real life object in miniature form is a truly fulfilling experience.

Most models depict a vehicle of some kind: a car, a truck, a ship, a tank or an aircraft. Since I am an aviation enthusiast, I will on these pages most often refer to models of aircraft, but most of the time the same techniques apply to all other types of models as well.

Aircraft models most often represent military objects. It is not because model builders particularly like war or combat but because the coolest aircraft are and have always been used as instruments of destruction.

Modelers also like to build vehicles from different countries and periods of time without this reflecting a certain political point of view. For instance, most model kits of German aircraft from the second world war are supplied with decal sheets without the swastikas. While this is perfectly understandable from the political point of view, it's totally unacceptable for a realistic model kit. So when the model builder purchases additional decals with different types of swastikas to add to the tailfin of his World War II German bomber, you must understand that he does this in order to create an authentic replica of a historic vehicle - and not because he in any way sympathizes with Hitler's political ideology.

The keyword for most model enthusiasts is authenticity. Extreme care must be taken if the goal is to create a believable and correct scale replica. Artifacts that are not present on the real thing are considered as being "bad" - like plastic mould lines, gaps between parts, visible glue spots, fingerprints, incorrect markings and out-of-scale details.

Of course there is nothing to stop you from buying a model kit in a toy shop and smack it together in ten or twenty minutes with glue dripping from every seam. Most often this is how most model builders start their career as children (including myself). Nobody will punish you for painting an F-16 jet fighter in purple color, if this gives you pleasure. The main thing is to have fun! But most of the time, hobby model builders strive for realism and authenticity.

More later....

Modelers often like to give their models a "weathered" and worn look, with simulated stains from engine exhausts, hydraulic fluid leakage, sun-bleached paint, mud stains, chipped paint, battle damage, rust and dirt. When done properly, a model can look absolutely stunning - it can sometimes be hard to tell whether a photograph shows a model or the real object.

Of course, for a professional result a lot of research has to be done - a major part of a model building project in fact consists of collecting information of the specific type of vehicle - and even the specific individual aircraft (or tank or whatever).

Deciding which model to buy and build can be pretty tough sometimes. There are thousands of models you can choose from, but most model builders like to stick to a certain type of model, scale and to a certain time in history - like German aircraft in scale 1/72 from World War Two.

The most usual model kits are injection kits made of polystyrene plastic. Styrene, as it is also called, is a very smooth material that can be molded into delicate and precise shapes with very fine raised or recessed details. The material can be cut, sanded, filed and drilled and is quite easy to glue and paint.

The plastic material is suitable for models with sizes ranging from about four inches to two feet. For smaller models, the molding technique proves too crude - the plastic itself cannot be molded thin and crisp enough to display all the necessary details. Larger models are on the other hand more difficult to produce without other problems, such as parts becoming warped out of shape. The finished model would also be too heavy and too large for normal display. They would also be way too expensive to purchase.

There are several companies making injection molded model kits. Some of the most known ones are Revell/Monogram, Airfix, Hasegawa, Tamiya, Dragon, Trumpeter, Academy and Italeri. There are also a number of smaller companies producing limited run models, vacu-formed models or replacement parts made of other materials, such as resin.

pasali po.......

Sure, welcome!

Before starting a new model project, try to make up your mind about what you want to achieve with it. Be realistic - if this is the first time you touch an airbrush, or if this is your very first model kit, don't expect it to be an IPMS-winner. Settle for something less. Don't compare your results with what you may have seen in the magazines, and try to enjoy building your model straight out of the box. There is nothing wrong with just having a good time building a reasonably pretty model to be sitting on the shelf to be admired by yourself and your friends.

You also need decide on if you want to build the model straight out of the box, or if you want to superdetail it to the limits of your skills. Can you stand having a model project to stretch through a couple of months, or do you just want to spend a few weekends working on it? If you - like myself - have very little spare time for model building, maybe you are quite happy if you can finish a model in reasonable time without adding more detail that is already in the box.

It's generally a good idea to focus only on a few details that makes the model appear gorgeous without actually being a perfect masterpiece. For aircraft, I believe that the most important part is the cockpit area. This will definitely be the first thing that draws everybody's attention.

People will try to peek inside the tiny cockpit and a nicely detailed instrument panel, a good ejection seat and a perfectly masked/painted canopy will immediately impress everybody. I usually like to add a crew figure sitting in the cockpit as it makes the size of the real object more comprehensible.

Normally people refer to a modeling project by the following steps:

1. Read the instructions

2. Cut the required part from the runner

3. Glue the part in place

4. Paint the model

5. Attach the decals

This is of course a very simplified method. Even if you can put together all the parts in the kit and have fun while doing it, you will not be able to create an authentic model. There are several important additional steps that should be taken and carefully worked out.

Start with reading the instructions, studying the sprues and getting an understanding how the different parts will be assembled. I must admit, that sometimes I can't resist cutting off the main parts and test the fit to try to see the size and shape of the final model. Put the decal sheet in a binder where it is safe from sunlight and humidity. Also put away the clear parts to avoid unnecessary handling and scratching.

Next, look for references. The Internet is my main source of information, but lots of useful pictures and descriptions can be found in magazines and books as well. If there are several alternative versions you can build out of the same model kit, this is the time to make up your mind for which one to go for.

To be able to create an exact scale replica, you may wish to add more realism than what you can achieve by only reading the instruction leaflet provided in the kit. Finding references to the specific model you are building is an important part of any serious modeling.

Sometimes you can try to visit the original object in a museum or - if it's a more modern object - in real life. If not, then there is often a vast amount of information in books, magazines and of course on the Internet. Photos are great for being able to pinpoint the exact color scheme of an aircraft or to find out exactly where that decal is supposed to sit. And it's also a very nice feeling to see that your model actually resembles the real thing.

Your project must be planned very carefully, and you must perform the building steps in correct order, or they will make later steps much harder - or impossible - to perform.

It is also very important to check that all the required parts are provided with the kit. Sometimes parts are missing from a kit, or they are broken due to careless handling in some warehouse. If you discover that parts are missing, you can either take back the kit to the shop for a replacement, or you can write a letter to the manufacturer of the model and ask them to help you. Model companies usually take their after market support very seriously and will provide you with the missing parts.

You should really read the instructions, or you may end up doing silly mistakes that cannot be fixed later on, such as forgetting to install internal parts before gluing together the fuselage.

Try to understand the different parts of the assembly instead of just blindly following the instructions. Sometimes the instructions are not as clear as they should and quite often some assembly steps have to be performed in a different order than what's described in the instruction sheet. You may for instance need to paint some parts before you glue them in place, or you will not be able to do it later. It may be impossible to paint the dashboard inside a cockpit when the seat, the joystick and the pilot figure is in place.

You may also need to attach some decals at an earlier stage, like if the instrument panel of the cockpit is supplied as a decal or if a decal will be partially hidden by a subassembly.

When building models, you will often work with different chemicals so it is important that your working area is easily cleaned and not too sensitive for some spill. Working directly on your precious narra desk is for instance a very bad idea. Myself, I just use the kitchen table after having covered it up with some discarded newspapers.

In any way, try to find some space where you can work for several hours without being bothered, as you may have to leave glued or painted parts in place overnight without moving them.

Your workspace should be a flat, dry and dust-free place. A good light source is essential: you will be working with a number of teensy parts made of grayish plastic. Joysticks, missile fins and landing gear struts are not very visible, especially when they disappear under the table - and trust me, they will. A high-intensity desk light with a built in magnifier glass is great, but I strongly recommend using low energy light bulbs - they will be able to illuminate your workspace without melting the surface of your model.

Also make sure that you have a couple of glass or plastic jars with a closable lid at hand - they can be used to contain tiny parts and subassemblies, making sure that they will not disappear.

Glue and paint do smell - good or bad is up to your personal taste - and can be pretty hazardous to inhale. When working extensively with an airbrush, you will unavoidably create a fine mist of paint that will quickly be disposed by the air all over your working area.

Proper model spray booths are the best choice to prevent this, but otherwise cardboard boxes (such as the one the model kit was packed in) are very good for catching the worst overspray. Otherwise you may have a hard time convincing your spouse that the camouflage colors of the Third Reich is a tasteful color selection for the kitchen walls.

If you're working with toxic paints and thinners, you should never work with your models in your living space, such as your bedroom. Not only because of the smell, but you have only this many brain cells - and they will not regenerate.

But even if you're using non-toxic paints, good ventilation is necessary. Make sure that you can open the window and create a good draft. Avoid working with your paints and glues for a very long time - take a break, stretch out and go and get some fresh air!

The basic toolkit consists of the following items:

•A hobby knife with changeable blades (like X-Acto knifes)

•A couple of sheets of wet-and-dry sandpaper (starting from like 600 grit down to at least 1500 grit)

•A pair of pliers or tweezers

•Paint brushes (#00 and #1 size)

•Modeling cement (styrene cement)

•Superglue (cyanoacrylic glue)

•Masking tape (8 - 15 mm)

•Model paints

For the more ambitious modeler, this setup should be completed with a dual action airbrush with compressor and even a small Dremel power tool - great for those of you who want to drill up cannon barrels and exhaust pipes.

While all the parts are still attached to the sprues, you should wash the parts with a mild dish-washing detergent and tepid water. The plastic is usually quite greasy from the molding process. This grease will cause the paint to adhere poorly to the parts, so as a final preparation. If you feel that the parts are still very oily, you may even scrub them gently with a toothbrush. Just make sure that you don't accidentally break off and flush minor parts down the drain.

When detaching the parts from the molding trees, always cut them off with a pair of scissors, cutters or at least with a hobby knife. Never break them off, because even if they most often will break off at the right place, sometimes you will end up with nasty and hard-to-repair cracks and holes.

This applies even to a higher degree to clear parts, which tend to break and crack more easily, resulting in a more ugly hole - sometimes very hard, or almost impossible to repair

Don't remove all the parts at once, only the parts that are required for one sub-assembly and the parts you want to paint. Before using a part, it must be carefully trimmed, and all excess plastic from the molding process should be cut and sanded off. This excess plastic is called flash, and if you ignore it, it will ruin the appearance of your final model.

Plastic models will not just snap together (well there are snap-together kits too, but those are really mainly just toys). You must use some kind of glue to keep it all in one place. The glue you should use in the first place is called "modeling cement" or "polystyrene glue". This glue contains a welding agent that actually melts the plastic and fuses the two parts together to form a strong bond.

Since model cement works by melting the plastic parts, you cannot glue together painted parts: the paint will isolate the plastic from the glue. Either you will have to remove the paint from the mating surfaces, or you will have to use another kind of glue.

Be careful - you will not be able to separate the two parts once the glue has cured! To avoid trouble, always rehearse putting together the parts first, without glue. Check the join for imperfections or bad fit before you reach for the glue. This is called "dry fitting" and can save you a lot of headaches later.

I'm in the process of putting together a USS Voyager kit now... been at it for a year already (with this kit). Am still in the painting stage cuz it's really hard to find the colors I want from the shops...

There are many alternative sources of paint, such as artists oils or artists acrylics. You can mix your own shades using these. You might want to look at wargamers shops, they also have a lot of hobby paints with weird names, but they tend to be a little expensive. Why not try mixing your own colors using the Tamiya acrylics or enamels? They are readily accessible at the model hobby shops listed a few posts above.

thought i'd share something here.

i started building models when i was 13. i bought and built the Tamiya PzKpfw II and Sdkfz 222 (1/35)from National bookstore in Crossing. Went on to build more tanks and attempted building a Mi 24 Hind (1/48) but armor was what i really loved building.

i concentrate mainly on German WW2 armor and figures. I dont know but i've always been fascinated by anything German. their AFVs are way too cool! as Dr. Pepper mentioned i also source my kits from the Chinese guy who runs shops in AliMall, GH, ATC etc. sometimes at Lil's but i tried ordering via the internet at Hobbylink Japan. Cool and fast service, they offer some kits with unusual subjects. the price is competetive too.

i build mostly for fun and relaxation. but with the advent of the internet, having unlimited access to a wealth of information one cannot help but conduct his personal research with regards to the kit you are building. there are numerous websites as Dr. Pepper mentioned like ML, HS, armorama, planet armor, PMMS etc to help you with your model building. i also have this urge to take my model a step further. before i was satisfied with OOTB builds but now i want to detail it more! in the modeller's lingo: AMS (advanced modellers syndrome)! but i want to clarify that i am not an advanced modeller, i only want an accurate kit. oh God thank you for the new Dragon kits! :thumbsupsmiley:

also, being a bit older (31) i have more funds to divert for my hobby (to the chagrin of my wife! LOL :D ). now i can buy resin figures and PE upgrade sets that when I was in college hangang pangarap lang ako! hehehe. ang dami ng choices and manufacturers of different models specially with WW2 AFVs! before we only had Tamiya and Italeri and Hasegawa. now, we have Dragon, Trumpeter, Tristar, ICM, Minibox, Academy etc!

i have lots of unopened kits, i temporarily took a break from scale modelling due to space constraints. our house (condo unit) is too small to accommodate my stash! sayang, i left them at my parent's home. i'll get back to it again once i get a bigger house! LOL! yeah i wish!

i'm just glad to know that i have fellow scale modellers here! also, i want to know who builds or are interested in WW2 German armor?

I started building when i was 5 -6 years years old & I haven't stopped building ever since although it takes literally 1+ year for me to finish a model (I'm working on a StuG III since Feb last year) - medyo na adok na ako mag gym eh.

I started & (still my first love) is 1/72 aviation. I have 150+ still in good condition. I prefer 1960s up due to their exotic shapes (think Viggen, F 16, F 15 Tornado, A10, etc), as compared to 1940s / WW2 planes (same basic form lahat, mukhang cross), although I like German WW2 due to their exotic paint job. I only tried 3 1950s planes (Mig 15, Mig 21 & F86), I get intimidated doing the 'stainless steel' finish paint job (Have to buy Metallizer paints from the US).

Yun nga lang medyo wala nang modern warplanes since '91 (excluding choppers & transports) so I shifted to Armor in the mid 90s. I only have around 15 armor (usually mga MBTs) since I don't really know how to weather them.

I like Battleships but they are hard to put on display (pahaba lahat). Never liked Sci Fi kits.

I still have 30 so so kits under my bed . . .

Nice thread!

Got my first exposure to plastic model kids when I was 7. I built 7 kits in one day, and I was hooked! I'd save my daily allowance for months just so I could buy a prized kit.

Up to today, I have a stack of kits to build. I started out with planes. My favorite was the Messerschmit BF-109a/b/c/d/e, Me262 Komet, the Sopwith Camel and a matching Red Baron Fokker Triplane. From planes I shifted to space, then scifi kits. Revell's Apollo 11 moon landing diorama was a nice build for an 11 year old kid.

What I didn't like about prop planes is that they only look good with the landing gears down, and it would have to be on the shelf. Jet planes were cooler - you can hang them! And that's why they didn't last long - one strong wind through the room, and it's build time again.

My last build was a Bandai Enterprise NCC-1701, but it's not really a plastic model kit - it was a prepainted snapfit. But it looks great, though!

What I don't like with some decals is they turn yellow after some time. So if it's on a white plastic kit, it looks out of place.

Sure, welcome!

Before starting a new model project, try to make up your mind about what you want to achieve with it. Be realistic - if this is the first time you touch an airbrush, or if this is your very first model kit, don't expect it to be an IPMS-winner. Settle for something less. Don't compare your results with what you may have seen in the magazines, and try to enjoy building your model straight out of the box. There is nothing wrong with just having a good time building a reasonably pretty model to be sitting on the shelf to be admired by yourself and your friends.

You also need decide on if you want to build the model straight out of the box, or if you want to superdetail it to the limits of your skills. Can you stand having a model project to stretch through a couple of months, or do you just want to spend a few weekends working on it? If you - like myself - have very little spare time for model building, maybe you are quite happy if you can finish a model in reasonable time without adding more detail that is already in the box.

It's generally a good idea to focus only on a few details that makes the model appear gorgeous without actually being a perfect masterpiece. For aircraft, I believe that the most important part is the cockpit area. This will definitely be the first thing that draws everybody's attention.

People will try to peek inside the tiny cockpit and a nicely detailed instrument panel, a good ejection seat and a perfectly masked/painted canopy will immediately impress everybody. I usually like to add a crew figure sitting in the cockpit as it makes the size of the real object more comprehensible.

Salamat po......

thought i'd share something here.

i started building models when i was 13.  i bought and built the Tamiya PzKpfw II and Sdkfz 222 (1/35)from National bookstore in Crossing.  Went on to build more tanks and attempted building a Mi 24 Hind (1/48) but armor was what i really loved building.

i concentrate mainly on German WW2 armor and figures.  I dont know  but i've always been fascinated by anything German.  their AFVs are way too cool!  as Dr. Pepper mentioned i also source my kits from the Chinese guy who runs shops in AliMall, GH, ATC etc.  sometimes at Lil's but i tried ordering via the internet at Hobbylink Japan.  Cool and fast service, they offer some kits with unusual subjects.  the price is competetive too.

i build mostly for fun and relaxation.  but with the advent of the internet, having unlimited access to a wealth of information one cannot help but conduct his personal research with regards to the kit you are building.  there are numerous websites as Dr. Pepper mentioned like ML, HS, armorama, planet armor, PMMS etc to help you with your model building.  i also have this urge to take my model a step further.  before i was satisfied with OOTB builds but now i want to detail it more!  in the modeller's lingo: AMS (advanced modellers syndrome)! but i want to clarify that i am not an advanced modeller, i only want an accurate kit.  oh God thank you for the new Dragon kits!  :thumbsupsmiley:

also, being a bit older (31) i have more funds to divert for my hobby (to the chagrin of my wife! LOL  :D ).  now i can buy resin figures and PE upgrade sets that when I was in college hangang pangarap lang ako! hehehe.  ang dami ng choices and manufacturers of different models specially with WW2 AFVs!  before we only had Tamiya and Italeri and Hasegawa.  now, we have Dragon, Trumpeter, Tristar, ICM, Minibox, Academy etc! 

i have lots of unopened kits, i temporarily took a break from scale modelling due to space constraints.  our house (condo unit) is too small to accommodate my stash!  sayang, i left them at my parent's home.  i'll get back to it again once i get a bigger house!  LOL! yeah i wish!

i'm just glad to know that i have fellow scale modellers here!  also, i want to know who builds or are interested in WW2 German armor?

Same here. I'm happy that there are a lot of us here. I think German WWII armor is really kewl, dig those 3 tone camos especially the ambush pattern! Glad to share with my fellow modellers!

Nice handle. I'm partial to the Panzer Lehr myself.

mga bro how much ang isa, I would like to buy batman ang jedi's

Haven't seen a Batman kit lately. The closest was a die cast Johnny Lightning Batmobile that you needed to assemble.

Regarding Jedi or StarWars, ERTL has a StarWars line, but they are not to scale.

Fine Molds has accurate models of the X-Wing (Red Squadron - Red 1, 2, 3, 4, 5), Tie Fighter, Tie Interceptor, Jedi Starfighter with Lightspeed booster ring (Episode 2 starfighter), and the all time Japanese favorite StarWars craft - Slave 1. All in 1:72 scale.

Most of the StarWars models are available at Specialty Toys. Price range - P800 to P4500, depending on the size of the model.

If the kit is not available locally, you can go to www.hlj.com and order it from them. They can ship it to the Philippines, but you'll have to work with the customs at the post office regarding taxes and import duties.

Me262 Komet - Pre sorry for nitpicking but Me 262 is a Stormbird / Stromvogel. Me163 is the Komet :D

Revell's Apollo 11 moon landing diorama was a nice build for an 11 year old kid - Can't find a model of that anymore. I haven't even remember if there is one in any store I visited.

What I didn't like about prop planes is that they only look good with the landing gears down, and it would have to be on the shelf. - exactly, & their silhouettes are the same. Jets have more 'exotic' shapes (e.g. delta wing, double delta, swept wwing, swing wing, etc)

My last build was a Bandai Enterprise NCC-1701, but it's not really a plastic model kit - it was a prepainted snapfit. But it looks great, though! - The Kirk or Picard Enterprise? To think of it, the only science / sci fi kits I built are Gundams. Medyo relaxin gkasi no research neccesary.

What I don't like with some decals is they turn yellow after some time. So if it's on a white plastic kit, it looks out of place - Pre overcoat your model with Future Floor Polish. You can airbrush it since it's dilute. it acts as a protective cover yun nga lang medyo glossy dating kits mo. I read in a recent FSM back issue that you add something to Futur to make their sheen semi gloss.

cool. a thread for plastic model hobbyists/enthusiasts. dying breed na tayo. kahit ako nga, nag-hibernate rin.

used to do tanks when i was in grade school. (that was the time na marami ka pa makikitang plastic models dun sa main branch ng national bookstore sa cubao. :) ) i did it more for the toy perspective. kahit na punuin ng cement yung gitna, basta dumikit! wala na pintura-pintura. :blush: and the only ones you saw were tamiya, hasegawa and the occasional revell.

in high school (in the us), semi-active lang. a kit took months to build (maybe even a year?). but i did stockpiling. mainly star wars ako nun. i had the x-wing, snowspeeder, darth vader tie fighter, AT-AT, BIG scale millenium falcon (gift from my sis :) ). i only got to finish x-wing and snowspeeder and some other small scale military aircraft (f-16 and a-10). it was also the first time i got into painting the models. spray paint first and then graduating to a single action airbrush with propellant can. thankfully, nai-uwi dito sa pi yung AT-AT; still untouched up to now. :blush: but the (unbuilt) millenium falcon is still in the us and have no idea what its condition is now. baka napatungan na ng kung ano yung kahon at pipe na. :( same goes for the other models i made... masyado nang hassle just to bring them here. :(

tried a few car models when i got back here to pass the time. 2 nissan skyline models. that was before college. nag-hibernate during college. did some f1 models after college. am now back in hibernation mode. meron nang asawa at anak e. and most of the free time is spent on ps2. :P

though i ought to fix up those f1 models and put them on display. sayang naman kung mabanish na lang. does anyone know where to get those acrylic cases? or is it easier to make one? para hindi naman alikabukin ng todo when its out. and so that no one will pick them up and play with them!

most irritating line i've ever heard - "do the wipers move? oops!" Well, duh!!! it's not a real car, is it? sheesh, tao talaga. worst one is a maid dusted an f1 model with a rag. pag-kita ko, tanggal na lahat ng wings and steering wheel, and the side mirrors and antennas were missing in action. galit na galit ako nun! :angry: :grr: bought another one to do over again. non-hobbyists don't understand us at all... :( at least my wife does. :D