I only started watching the series last year but was hooked right away. :) Basically, Doctor Who is a British science fiction television programme produced by the BBC. The programme depicts the adventures of a Time Lord—a time travelling, humanoid alien with two hearts known as the Doctor. He explores the universe in his TARDIS—a sentient, telepathic time machine that flies through time and space. Its exterior appears as a blue British police box, a common sight in 1963, when the series first aired. Along with a succession of companions, the Doctor faces a variety of foes while working to save civilisations, help ordinary people, and right wrongs.

The programme is listed in the Guinness World Records as the longest-running science fiction television show in the world[3] and as the "most successful" science fiction series of all time—based on its over-all broadcast ratings, DVD and book sales, and iTunes traffic.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9d/Doctor_who_2011_title.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

any whovians here? I can't believe the last entry was way back 2014? Doctor Who is just the #1 sci fi series of all time. and the longest running too. if you talk to a fellow Whovian, there is no end to it.

I hope there are others here who like Doctor Who

I love the 10th doctor and Donna Noble. I love their chemistry. Amy Pond and Rory Williams are hard to top. Its like I can't picture the 11th without them. That's why Clara is so ineffective for me as a companion. I'm not particularly crazy about the 12th (13th).... technically he is the 13th. the 10th regenerated twice. but shouldn't he be the 14th? All these timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff!

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Peter Capaldi is the current Doctor after Matt Smith.

Thanks!

As for companions, I'm all for Martha and then there's one from the older series, Sarah Jane.

Villains, I can't get enough of the Daleks. Annoying as it may be, the "exterminate" line of these things kinda makes me want to exterminate them myself. :)

And then you have the Weeping Angels, "Don't blink"

Ugh! I'll watch Doctor Who after work. :D

Thanks!

As for companions, I'm all for Martha and then there's one from the older series, Sarah Jane.

Villains, I can't get enough of the Daleks. Annoying as it may be, the "exterminate" line of these things kinda makes me want to exterminate them myself. :)

And then you have the Weeping Angels, "Don't blink"

Ugh! I'll watch Doctor Who after work. :D

I wrote this really long post and pressed something on my keyboard and everything went away. Urgh.

I didn't like Martha up until she and Mickey hooked up. She was too clingy. Although she did kicked ass as the woman who walked the earth. She's one tough girl compared to the others.

I love the Daleks, laughed at the Zygons (giant penises with suckers) and cried because of the Weeping Angels (it is very difficult to keep your eyes open). Donna Noble was hilarious. I love that episode with Agatha Christie. I was devastated when Amy and Rory broke up, good thing we have the Doctor. River Song is one lucky woman.

I'm not a fan of Clara. She's probably my least favorite companion so far.

I want my own TARDIS!

• 3 weeks later...

I wrote this really long post and pressed something on my keyboard and everything went away. Urgh.

I didn't like Martha up until she and Mickey hooked up. She was too clingy. Although she did kicked ass as the woman who walked the earth. She's one tough girl compared to the others.

I love the Daleks, laughed at the Zygons (giant penises with suckers) and cried because of the Weeping Angels (it is very difficult to keep your eyes open). Donna Noble was hilarious. I love that episode with Agatha Christie. I was devastated when Amy and Rory broke up, good thing we have the Doctor. River Song is one lucky woman.

I'm not a fan of Clara. She's probably my least favorite companion so far.

I want my own TARDIS!

Donna Noble's separation as the Doctor's companion was the saddest scene. Aside of course from the separation of Rose and the Doctor.

K9! He is one cute robodog!

Me, too! TARDIS!

I really need to be up to date with this show.

• 3 weeks later...

I found doctor who classic series seasons 1-26!!! there are some missing episodes. i'm downloading the entire series now... it will take months! but i will persevere!

That's awesome! The Fourth Doctor eps are some of the more fun ones! Let us know when you finish downloading!

Hirap makahanap

any link for this series

The episodes of the rebooted Doctor Who are available on iFlix and Netflix!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...