The PC and Laptop Repair Guide

guys meron kayan nagrerepair ng gateway dito sa manila..? I have a profile pc na gateway.. It works great until the video died... I can tell that its a no video situation coz i can hear the windows log on music but there is gno video at all... hope you can help me out with this.. thanks!

i could do it

but you need to give me the part :lol:

mtc bros & friends/ experts. my prob is my desktop when start up displays this blue screen that say dumping physical memory. uninstall your anti virus software, pls contact your admin & others. but the good this is upon attempts of 4 times, pumapasok parin sa windows desktop screen. its a P4 256 mem, MB asus 4m8x something. ddr pa ata. i bought it circa 2005 pcx buendia. thank you for whatever help you can provide.l

This one was answered on the last thread.

let me repost my reply here then :)

the 'dumping physical memory' only tells you that its saving a log on the dump file on your computer for future access smile.gif

dump files could be used to check what cause the BSOD.

suggestion:

when you get the BSOD, get the following things:

0x000000XX 'X' means the last 2 char on the code.

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME --- FIND this kind of word that are separated with underscores and all uppercase.

BSODs might me a hardware or a software.

drivers also causes BSOD if installed not thinking if its compatible or not.

pls write down the BSOD so we could assist you smile.gif

my laptop doesn't boot & the screen is blank. power indicators are ok.

toshiba satellite 220cds model.

what could be the problem?

try to attach this to an external monitor-- did it work? if yes its the lcd that's busted.

the external monitor didnt work?

could you still see if the computer is still post-ing?

if you could still go to BIOS-- video driver

kung wala ka parin makita kahit anong press mo sa buttons-- it might be the video card or mobo

Question lng..pano ba aayusin kapag hirap ng buksan ung CPU?sa power button ung problem..nkakailang press n ako baga magbukas..salamat

remove the front panel

i think that would be easier :)

i dunno what kind of chassi you're using though..

we have two hp pavillion na sira , any advice kung san pwede ipa repair , sayang kasi my bro. bought a new one na , kasi reapsir daw sobra mahal .sana marepair para mabenta pa , may bumibili ba ng defective na laptop dito?

ot : sir pano madelete yung mga history ng internet explorer , kasi kinakalikut ng wife ko pc ko baka makita yung mga link ng mtc tsaka ibang site, todas . thanks

tools > internet options > and you have an option to do a manual delete or you could schedule it :)

what's the issue with the pavillion? hardware?

hello experts...got an issue with my laptop...i'm running windows XP SP2..the problem that I am encountering is that for the last 2 days..I don't see my battery icon on the system tray..normally it should be there and it would notify me when power is low..its not there anymore and I could not find it..tried to check it in power options in control panel and there's no option there to show the battery icon..guys a little help please..

Thanx!! :headsetsmiley:

hello experts...got an issue with my laptop...i'm running windows XP SP2..the problem that I am encountering is that for the last 2 days..I don't see my battery icon on the system tray..normally it should be there and it would notify me when power is low..its not there anymore and I could not find it..tried to check it in power options in control panel and there's no option there to show the battery icon..guys a little help please..

Thanx!! :headsetsmiley:

Try this, anywhere on the desktop, right click and then go to properties, then go to screensaver, then go to power, then you should see an advanced button, if you click, you then should see show power icon in the task tray, and hit apply and ok.

Try this, anywhere on the desktop, right click and then go to properties, then go to screensaver, then go to power, then you should see an advanced button, if you click, you then should see show power icon in the task tray, and hit apply and ok.

Hi Saeki!..thanx for your quick reponse,,I tried that yesterday and tried it again today but it still doesn't show on the system tray.."always show icon on the taskbar" has a check already..got anymore ideas on how to deal with this??? I really appreciate the help!!..thank you so much!! :headsetsmiley:

Hi Saeki!..thanx for your quick reponse,,I tried that yesterday and tried it again today but it still doesn't show on the system tray.."always show icon on the taskbar" has a check already..got anymore ideas on how to deal with this??? I really appreciate the help!!..thank you so much!! :headsetsmiley:

baka connected po kayo sa power outlet pa, d yan lalabas ang icon pag connected pa sa power outlet.

or u can try uncheck muna "always show icon on the taskbar" then apply then check it ulit and apply. see if its work.

baka connected po kayo sa power outlet pa, d yan lalabas ang icon pag connected pa sa power outlet.

or u can try uncheck muna "always show icon on the taskbar" then apply then check it ulit and apply. see if its work.

it still doesn't work..uncheck then apply..check and apply right?? it still doesn't show the battery icon...its weird because it has been showing for months now and suddenly it just disappeared a few days ago.. :headsetsmiley:

Right click on the task bar, then click on "properties" and the taskbar and start menu properties dialog box will appear. Click the taskbar tab. In the "notification area," there's an option "hide inactive icons." If the box next to it is checked, click on the "customize" button to view all past and present icons that have appeared in the system tray and each icon's current "behavior" (hide when inactive, always hide, always show)

Right click on the task bar, then click on "properties" and the taskbar and start menu properties dialog box will appear. Click the taskbar tab. In the "notification area," there's an option "hide inactive icons." If the box next to it is checked, click on the "customize" button to view all past and present icons that have appeared in the system tray and each icon's current "behavior" (hide when inactive, always hide, always show)

Saiki!..tried that too..nothing happend..I found something out here..when we try to show it on control panel,,it will show but the next time I log in it will again disappear..I'm just curious if there is something wrong with my OS? do I need to update it or re-install the OS?

Thanx!

• 3 weeks later...

hello, how are you guys?

can somebody help me with my destop pc problem?

yung desktop ko pag on mo, walang display, pero ok naman monitor ko,

tapos ayaw gumana ang cd drive, pero gumangana yung mga fans nya

wala akong narinig na beeps na sound, saan kaya ang problem ko?

yung harddisk ko pala walang problema kasi gumagana sya sa ibang pc

gusto ko sana palitan yung power supply pero yung spare ko ay 24 pins yung plug tapos yung sa original ko ay 20 pins lang paano ba i convert yung 24 pins to 20 pins?

thanks in advance!

Saiki!..tried that too..nothing happend..I found something out here..when we try to show it on control panel,,it will show but the next time I log in it will again disappear..I'm just curious if there is something wrong with my OS? do I need to update it or re-install the OS?

Thanx!

back up your files

possible OSRI :)

greetings :evil: :evil:

-i accidentally unplugged the wires on the motherboard side connecting the 2 front usb ports, mic in, headphone ports on my desktop pc, and i dont know how to properly plug them back.

-i was cleaning the pc and i thought that the plug was 1 solid rubber block but it turn out that each wire had their own separate plug

-my problem is that i dont know the configuration, color coding etc.. of the wire and pins on the motherboard

and im afraid that if plug them wrong i might damaged the motherboard

-i dont see any marks or sign on the motherboard side pins, telling me where to plug the wires

-the plugs on the wires are properly marked telling me which one is for the power, usb, mic headphone etc

- are pin configuration on my motherboard are the same on all brand of motherbaords?

can somebody help me? thanks and i will appreaciate it :hypocritesmiley:

Guest Leviticus
greetings :evil: :evil:

-i accidentally unplugged the wires on the motherboard side connecting the 2 front usb ports, mic in, headphone ports on my desktop pc, and i dont know how to properly plug them back.

-i was cleaning the pc and i thought that the plug was 1 solid rubber block but it turn out that each wire had their own separate plug

-my problem is that i dont know the configuration, color coding etc.. of the wire and pins on the motherboard

and im afraid that if plug them wrong i might damaged the motherboard

-i dont see any marks or sign on the motherboard side pins, telling me where to plug the wires

-the plugs on the wires are properly marked telling me which one is for the power, usb, mic headphone etc

- are pin configuration on my motherboard are the same on all brand of motherbaords?

can somebody help me? thanks and i will appreaciate it :hypocritesmiley:

first, try to know what brand and model is your motherboard. if you still have the manual for the motherboard it would be better as these usually have the schematic layout of your motherboard. if the manual is lost then search the internet.

pin configurations are different for different motherboards..

Good morning...

Need help with with my Dell D600 laptop, can anybody suggest who can i have this unit checked? Ayaw kong dalhin sa service centers kasi sobra silang sumingil hehehehe

Nag-post na ako sa ibang treads pero wala response... siguro dito meron na.

CHEERS!!!

Good morning...

Need help with with my Dell D600 laptop, can anybody suggest who can i have this unit checked? Ayaw kong dalhin sa service centers kasi sobra silang sumingil hehehehe

Nag-post na ako sa ibang treads pero wala response... siguro dito meron na.

CHEERS!!!

anong issue po ba? :)

anong issue po ba? :)

Hello Saeki, good day to you.

The issue is, the D600 won't power on. Tried another working (same model) power adaptor but still the unit won't power.

I noticed that, if i plugged the power adaptor into the D600 laptop, the LED power indicator on the power adaptor will die out when i press the power switch of the D600.

I already contacted Dell service center and was told that the problem is motherboard and it cost more than 20kiaw and might was well buy a new laptop. I liked this D600 for it's magnesium alloy casing. :blush:

Any ideas mam?

CHEERS!!!

Hello Saeki, good day to you.

The issue is, the D600 won't power on. Tried another working (same model) power adaptor but still the unit won't power.

I noticed that, if i plugged the power adaptor into the D600 laptop, the LED power indicator on the power adaptor will die out when i press the power switch of the D600.

I already contacted Dell service center and was told that the problem is motherboard and it cost more than 20kiaw and might was well buy a new laptop. I liked this D600 for it's magnesium alloy casing. :blush:

Any ideas mam?

CHEERS!!!

mobo nga po yan

when the led on the adapter turns off or blinks on you whenever you plug it into your portable... possible na nagground ng mobo ang ac...

and yes its 20k (21 or 23 ata i forgot)

kung pwede lang ako magbenta ng mobo dito sa opis ginawa ko na

*dami pa naman nakakalat dito na mobo. ehehehehehe

kami kasi (mga employees ng dell) sa accent micro nanghihingi/bumibili ng parts.

un kasi authorized na onsite service namin.

mahal nga lang

mobo nga po yan

when the led on the adapter turns off or blinks on you whenever you plug it into your portable... possible na nagground ng mobo ang ac...

kami kasi (mga employees ng dell) sa accent micro nanghihingi/bumibili ng parts.

mahal nga lang

Good day,

kaya ko naman po mag troubleshoot hanggang component level kaya lang wala akong time :blush:

Baka me extra ka dyan mobo hehehehe :flowers:

CHEERS!!!

• 3 weeks later...
mobo nga po yan

mahal nga lang

20th for the motherboard??? hah!!!! .. I can get you a motherboard for d600 laptop for less than 10th

mam saeki please make sure that motherboard ang problema.... COz if it's really the mobo then let's buy abroad...

mobo 1

mobo 2

or

mobo 3

10 to 12 days for the item to reach you....estimated time

that way you can save a lot.. Just let somebody knowledgeable to install your new mobo

just want to help you sir..

cheers

mike

Edited by zeromike22