What is this damn thing., you need to pay P350 for the sticker., Hindi nagkalayo sa Early Warning Device scam..

We support Senate Minority Leader Aquilino Pimentel in opposing this new SCAM!!

(Manila Bulletin 10 January, page5)

My sticker is still pending., hate to secure this RFID!!!!!

i just learned more about this stuff last night. lto said the system itself will be ready by october of this year. then why are they charging us already for something that is still useless. lto said that the rfid has tons of benefits. will they return my money if these so-called benefits doesn't manifest? i even saw that they were doing a cutout on someone's tint where the rfid sticker will be placed. i will goin to hit them in the head if they do this to my car

also, lto said that the sticker is only P35 and we are paying it 10 years in advance. wtf! will the sticker itself last that long? based from the computation, the gov't will get an estimated P2.1 billion out from it

the most important of all is the information that will be placed to our chip. what other information will they be encoding besides the registration number, plate number, chassis number, make and model, color?

I posted a long discussion of RFID in MCP.

anyway, would you guys believe that THERE ARE NO SCANNERS AVAILABLE YET for implementation of this? sure, nandyan na ang mga RFID but WALA PA ANG HINAYUPAK NA SCANNERS/READERS for this.

hindi rin iaaprove ng NTC kung sakali because hindi pa dumaan eto sa kanila.

how in the goddamned heck will they implement this without scanners?!?

ayan na. there is no escaping this stupid RFID. kakaregister ko ng sasakyan namin. ayun, buset, hiniwa ang tint ng sasakyan. sa gitna pa ng windshield sa likod ng rearview mirror nilagay. akala ko ba may microchip eto? bakit gusto nila maarawan?

hay naku.

tapos wala pa nga raw scanner. wtf!

oh, here's something even more stupid. the RFID is just ANOTHER step or process.

MAY STICKER PA NA 2010 na ikakabit sa platenumber and windshield!

pautang ina talaga!!!

akala ko ba bawas oras sa pagregister eh inabot ako ng 4 oras sa LTO!!! at saka may lintik na stencil pa rin ng body and engine numbers.

walang pinagkaiba sa procedure ng pagrenew. in fact, dinagdag lang!

Edited by leviticus

So how this it affect the registration process...

Example now:

1. Emission Test

2. Form presented with EWD to Vehicle Inspector <-- dito may lagay na kapag wala EWD

2.1 may pila sa inspector

3. Window 1,2 or 3

4. Cashier sabay bigay ng OR

5. Present to Releasing with Xerox of OR and CE

5.1 May pila sa xerox

6. Release of stickers

ayan na. there is no escaping this stupid RFID. kakaregister ko ng sasakyan namin. ayun, buset, hiniwa ang tint ng sasakyan. sa gitna pa ng windshield sa likod ng rearview mirror nilagay. akala ko ba may microchip eto? bakit gusto nila maarawan?

hay naku.

tapos wala pa nga raw scanner. wtf!

oh, here's something even more stupid. the RFID is just ANOTHER step or process.

MAY STICKER PA NA 2010 na ikakabit sa platenumber and windshield!

pautang ina talaga!!!

akala ko ba bawas oras sa pagregister eh inabot ako ng 4 oras sa LTO!!! at saka may lintik na stencil pa rin ng body and engine numbers.

walang pinagkaiba sa procedure ng pagrenew. in fact, dinagdag lang!

@lomax

ganito ang procedure ko this afternoon sa pagrenew ng registration ng sasakyan:

1. emission testing- pulled into emission testing center. technician put on mask, put sensor at exhaust, posed with the platenumber. tadaa! 4-5 minutes after I pulled into the emission center may result na. bayad agad ng 400.

2. stencil and MV inspection- there are "stencil aides" scattered at the LTO parking lot who would do the stencil for you. bayad 20 pang-sigarilyo

3. pila sa inspector to get his signature.

4. pila sa window 5 para submit ang insurance, photocopy of OR and CR along with original CR, insurance, [bogus] emission test result, MV inspection form

5. wait for cashier to call out your name. pay the corresponding renewal. in my case it was 2983. nandun na ang RFID tag na 350 along with the other expenses like sticker, computer, renewal.

6. line up at window 2 to submit papers and receipt to get sticker

6.1. wait for name to be called out to get stickers.

-------- traditionally the whole painstaking process is now over but lo and behold!

7. Line up at RFID section to have your RFID tag registered.

8. Encoder will enter details. the weird part is they will ask for your mobile phone number. hahahahaha! lintek. ang mura mura lang magpalit ng number tapos ang mobile phone number ko ang hihingiin.

9. After encoding you line up again for another signature for release of the RFID tag.

10. an authorized lackey of the IT guy will go with you at your vehicle. if you have tint above your windshield, bubutasan nila the same size as the RFID tag and paste it like an ordinary sticker.

11. after all that hoopla or brouhaha over the database properties of this RFID, magkakabit ka rin pala ng 2010 sticker sa windshield and platenumber. hay. tatangalin ko na ang mga lumang stickers sa windshield namin. it's become too cluttered already. ang pangit na.

pakingshet na LTO.

Edited by leviticus
kakaregister ko ng sasakyan namin. ayun, buset, hiniwa ang tint ng sasakyan. sa gitna pa ng windshield sa likod ng rearview mirror nilagay. akala ko ba may microchip eto? bakit gusto nila maarawan?

this is really stupid. rfid has a wider scanning range and does not need a line of sight. unless perhaps this is the cheapest microchip that we bought. just a better version of a bar code? *sigh*

asa pa you bos levi

asar nga eh. binutasan ba naman ang tint, mandatory raw sa likod ng rearview.

ayun, yesterday I went back to the LTO out of curiosity on how will they do a refund (and ask about the tint too). SOP reply: wala pang order na natatangap. ang dami namin sa LTO kahapon asking about the refund too.

bagsak na bagsak na sa credibility ang LTO. pakingshet sila. wag na wag nilang sasabihin na advance for next year's renewal eto. ginawa nilang mandatory ang pagsingil so kami rin, mandatory rin nilang ibalik.

hay.. subaybay na lang sa news.

Thanks I guess we dont have to go through this na

Sabay pala sa pagbayad ng rehistro ang RFID na ito .....

Sa receipt meron pa dyan "Computer Fee"

And by the way .... kapag may mga sukli na less than 10 pesos sasabihin ng cashier na wala silang barya! in short wala na rin pangsukli

@lomax

ganito ang procedure ko this afternoon sa pagrenew ng registration ng sasakyan:

5. wait for cashier to call out your name. pay the corresponding renewal. in my case it was 2983. nandun na ang RFID tag na 350 along with the other expenses like sticker, computer, renewal.

pakingshet na LTO.

diba bawal na mag collect fee para sa rfid?

bad trip rfid, sisirain yung ting ng vehicle, gagawa sila ng rectangular na butas sa likod ng rear view mirror!

mahal ng tint ng car ko, wala ako tiwala sa pagtastas ng tint, nakita ko yung ginawa sa car ng friend ko.

pwede ba kung legal na rfid magbayad ako and get the rfid sticker pero hindi ko ikabit? kasi ayaw ko matastas yung tint ko