122 replies to this topic

#1 manutd1

manutd1

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:11 AM

What do you guys think? Personally, best place in the Q.C. Timog area. Best place to hang out with friends or even take a date to hang out. I got 4 buckets of Red Horse, 2 orders of Pulutan (Sisig and Flaming Tuna), and every bucket comes with free shrimp chips. Total damage? PHP 999! I asked the waiter, is this bill correct and he said yes. Have been coming back nightly until my vacation ended. I'm sure I will be back again soon.

#2 blubalz

blubalz

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:50 PM

What do you guys think? Personally, best place in the Q.C. Timog area. Best place to hang out with friends or even take a date to hang out. I got 4 buckets of Red Horse, 2 orders of Pulutan (Sisig and Flaming Tuna), and every bucket comes with free shrimp chips. Total damage? PHP 999! I asked the waiter, is this bill correct and he said yes. Have been coming back nightly until my vacation ended. I'm sure I will be back again soon.

This i have to try.

#3 TheSmilingBandit

TheSmilingBandit

The End of Innocence

• 5,333 posts
  • Interests:1984 is NOW
    Big Brother Is Watching

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:06 PM

Very interesting

#4 corncobman

corncobman

Experienced

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:02 PM

that's great value.. will go check out the place..

#5 katasan

katasan

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:53 PM

tides and central has the same owner. you should also try their barbeque and cocktail drinks. great place to hang out

#6 soloflight

soloflight

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:12 PM

very affordable here. food is good, bucket of beer (7 bottles) is 228. famous cocktail is bad trip, bad girl, bad boy and soc (buy 2 get 1 free) downside is tables are so close to each other you dont any privacy. not suitable for date but good for group hangout.

#7 asmodeus

asmodeus

CHEEERS !!!

• Ambassador
  • 18,517 posts
  • Interests:pissing off sneaky sinful ones
    who change my profile info
    without my consent

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:40 AM

Very interesting

shall we do a 6:thirsty soon???? this should make a great foodtrip post.

#8 TheSmilingBandit

TheSmilingBandit

The End of Innocence

• 5,333 posts
    Big Brother Is Watching

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:59 PM

shall we do a 6:thirsty soon???? this should make a great foodtrip post.

A 6:thirsty sounds good to me. I think maester Remote also wants to try this place out.

#9 asmodeus

asmodeus

CHEEERS !!!

• Ambassador
  • 18,517 posts
    without my consent

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:48 PM

A 6:thirsty sounds good to me. I think maester Remote also wants to try this place out.

ok .... how about we set it on a wed. (I can pick sir REMOTE at his place on my way to the bar)

#10 TheSmilingBandit

TheSmilingBandit

The End of Innocence

• 5,333 posts
    Big Brother Is Watching

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:43 PM

ok .... how about we set it on a wed. (I can pick sir REMOTE at his place on my way to the bar)

I'll try to contact him to see if he is available my maester.

#11 BigBlackGoyo

BigBlackGoyo

Virgin

• (02) Sinless
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Blogging.

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:22 AM

Cool. One of my friends told me this place.. Php 999 is not bad. Lasing ka na don.

#12 Murasama

Murasama

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:52 PM

iisa lng ba yung tides pasig tsaka tides d2 sa panay qve.???

#13 TheSmilingBandit

TheSmilingBandit

The End of Innocence

• 5,333 posts
    Big Brother Is Watching

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:53 AM

I went here last night with a pal, parking extends really far in different directions despite the early hour and the place was packed. The ambiance is nice enough, but with all the tables jammed up next to each other it wasn't comfortable.

Our food arrived promptly enough and the drinks were served before too much of the ice melted, but in all the service was slow due to the congestion of the crowds.

The major negative points were the filthy toilets (and yes, even as a guy it was just too filthy) as well as the lack of knives to cut the food with.

#14 asmodeus

asmodeus

CHEEERS !!!

• Ambassador
  • 18,517 posts
    without my consent

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:46 PM

I went here last night with a pal, parking extends really far in different directions despite the early hour and the place was packed. The ambiance is nice enough, but with all the tables jammed up next to each other it wasn't comfortable.

Our food arrived promptly enough and the drinks were served before too much of the ice melted, but in all the service was slow due to the congestion of the crowds.

The major negative points were the filthy toilets (and yes, even as a guy it was just too filthy) as well as the lack of knives to cut the food with.

and how was the food ??? tasty? bland? or just plain "never mind" ??

#15 TheSmilingBandit

TheSmilingBandit

The End of Innocence

• 5,333 posts
    Big Brother Is Watching

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:31 PM

Tides
Grill and Bistro
Panay Avenue (Beside Sangkalan Grill)

This old house that was renovated into a restaurant is surely a hit. Even at 6:30 parking was almost at Gerardo's along Panay Avenue already. Once inside you can see where they tore down the old home to turn it into a current place to be ... the only question is ... why?
Posted Image

Posted Image

The place itself is humid, with the high ceilings alleviating only a little bit of the high humidity. Perhaps some misters and more powerful fans are in order here? The table setup is also more than a little problematic, unless you are the type that enjoys having the adjoining tables' conversations spread out over your own table. Still, all in all, I'd say that this place is jumping, in fact by 7pm there wasn't any empty tables left.

Cheesy Potato Skins
Posted Image
This Tex-Mex style of potato skins was pretty good, the skin-on potato wedges had liberal amounts of cheese-whiz melted on top with some sauteed ground beef and vegetables sprinkled on top. In my opinion this was the best dish I had here (my pal says this was the 2nd best)

Grilled Liempo
Posted Image
Okay, for me this was the start of the downfall. The pork belly was cooked very well, in fact it was just on the edge of being over-cooked, but not quite. Still tasty, still juicy, yet trying to cut it into bite size pieces was a task worthy of Hercules as Tides doesn't have knives. Take note, I didn't say they neglected to give us knives, they don't have any ... at all ... if you want it chopped up, send it back to the kitchen. My friend claims this was the best dish of the night, for me it was the 2nd best.

Grilled Squid
Posted Image
The stuffing was literally bursting out of this dish, but like the liempo, trying to separate it into edible chunks was beyond my abilities, so I sent it back to the kitchen where their cooks began the massacre.
Posted Image
Notice that all the stuffing was wiped out from inside the squid. Oh well, let's give it a try anyway. Hmmm ... chewy ... very chewy ... in fact its like vulcanized rubber ... undercooked vulcanized rubber. Okay, definitely a very bad selection.

Buffalo Wings
Posted Image
I've had good Buffalo Wings and I've had bad Buffalo Wings, this falls in the mediocre range. Strangely enough, for an appetizer, this arrived last. It was zingy, it was cooked, but it just lacked ... flavor, aside from the very mild "burn". Again, a poor choice.

Next time I think I'll have to try their sizzling dishes, it seems to be the popular dish around here.

Edited by TheSmilingBandit, 14 May 2011 - 04:36 PM.

#16 steyr

steyr

steyr

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,742 posts
  • Interests:basketball

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:21 AM

Looks like a good place to check out...

:blink: :ninja:

#17 monching8

monching8

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:20 PM

IISA MY ARI NITO TYKA CENTRAL!

#18 tempest21

tempest21

Virgin

• (11) Wyld
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,093 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:10 AM

may-ari ng CENTRAL din pala ang nagopen nito, we were suppose to drink here but the waiting list was killing us, madami mga hotties with sports car dito every weekends. :wub::wub:

#19 mhengh

mhengh

Yaris ka!!!

• (10) Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts
  • Interests:booze, babes, watermelon juice, fake DVDs, GORILLAZ, mind games...

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:16 PM

i heard this place also has a branch in Pasig...tapat ng Nipa Hut, malapit sa Ultra...can anyone confirm?

#20 MRyoso

MRyoso

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:28 AM

i heard this place also has a branch in Pasig...tapat ng Nipa Hut, malapit sa Ultra...can anyone confirm?

Yes.

Their branch in QC is definitely a big hit. Crowd is much way better than Gerardo's and Sangkalan. There are a lot of girls in here compared to Central Pioneer and Makati. I go here every Friday/Saturday.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users