Sir I intend to buy a router for home use, but Im using Smart Bro internet, does this mean I might experiennce some problem if I use a router? If yes then what am I supposed to do?

Not necessarily.

Clone the PC's mac address into your router and you're good to go.

HTH.

CHEERS!!!

Edited by riv123
patulong naman po ako...

i'm using globe broadband with prolink hurricane 5200 modem. isa lang po ang pde magconnect at a time so i decided to buy a router para pde ang wired at wireless connection. i bought a tp-link wireless N router (tl-wr941nd) and i followed all instructions, pero ayaw nya magconnect sa internet, local lang nakukuha kong connection. anu po kaya ang prob? binoblock ba ng globe ung wireless access ko?

salamat po!!!

Easy way:

Set mo yung tcp/ip protocol ng mga PCs to autodetect (DHCP)

Hard way:

Assign specific ip address sa PC's using the 192.168.1.100, 192.168.1.102, 192.168.1.103, ...

subnet 255.255.255.0

router 192.168.1.1 (i assume this is the address of your router)

Pri and Alt DNS - Ask mo sa Customer Support ng Globe yung address

HTH

CHEERS!!!

Edited by riv123
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@Ranger9

Ahaha, medyo mahirap yan 'dre, kelangan mo ng tech ng smartbro to do that, kasi di nila ibibigay yung password ng modem/router nila hehe. I also don't know if pwede sa smartbro na naka bridge lang siya. So parang medyo malabo mag port forward sa smartbro. Actually naisip ko na rin yan eh, pero wala naman ako i po port forward dito sa bahay, so wag nalang. XD

• 4 months later...

B) im using linksys wrt 150n...pero just recently di ko alam why ayaw na lang mag work...umiilaw naman siya pero not working yung wi-fi...pero pag naka direct na LAN eh meron naman...any suggestions...sidenote: may nag aayos ba ng router...4k kasi router na ganito eh...mahal masyado...hehe... B)

Nasubukan mo nang i-hard reset?

CHEERS!!!

B) im using linksys wrt 150n...pero just recently di ko alam why ayaw na lang mag work...umiilaw naman siya pero not working yung wi-fi...pero pag naka direct na LAN eh meron naman...any suggestions...sidenote: may nag aayos ba ng router...4k kasi router na ganito eh...mahal masyado...hehe... B)

Try accessing the web GUI of your router then check in the wifi section if wireless is enabled or maybe the SSID is not broadcast.

kung okay ang internet mo using wird and hindi sa wifi, check the ff:

1. your wifi in your computer is ON

2. wifi in your router is ON

3. wifi SSID in your router is set to broadcast ON

4. make a power OFF, then after 1 min Power ON

kahit yan alng muna.

Electricity sa PH eh maraming spikes, which can easily damage a small device like home routers, so its best to connect it to a voltage regular and/or a UPS.

B) sir, where would i be able to adjust that setting for me to be able to check if the ssid is on...thanks... B)

kung okay ang internet mo using wird and hindi sa wifi, check the ff:

1. your wifi in your computer is ON

2. wifi in your router is ON

3. wifi SSID in your router is set to broadcast ON

4. make a power OFF, then after 1 min Power ON

kahit yan alng muna.

Electricity sa PH eh maraming spikes, which can easily damage a small device like home routers, so its best to connect it to a voltage regular and/or a UPS.

B) sir how would i be able to access the web gui of my router...thanks... B)

Usually gateway IP address is GUI setting IP address.

1. Connect your PC to the Router thru RJ-45 connector (Ordinary lan cable)

2. Open command windows (Start -> Run -> type "CMD" and Click "Run")

3. type ipconfig /all

4. You will see ip address of gateway

5. Open Internet Explorer or eny web browser

6. type ip address of gateway to address

You will see GUI.

You have to check user name and password of your router.

Linksys router default address is 192.168.1.1

leave user name as blank

and password is "password"

@mightbeyou

Right... Mali pala ako. Sige let's try to do this step by step ok? Have you ever used the wifi before?

Things to check:

1.Naka on nga ba wifi mo sa PC/Laptop mo?

2.Have you tried it with any other PC/Laptops(even wifi phones) around?

3.Check the Wifi light on the router if it is blinking

If not:

Check the GUI of your router.

Since you said that you can correctly connect when you are wired to the router, I would assume that the router is most likely using the default settings. If that is the case, then:

1.Open a web browser. On the URL box, type http://192.168.1.1 If your router uses the default settings, then a page will appear and would most likely appear as something like a login screen.

2.Key-In a username and password. If the router uses the default settings, leave the username field blank. Enter admin in the password field.

3.Once you've entered the correct login, you will be taken to a page that looks something like this:

post-266959-024262400 1282133647.png

4.On top of that same page, you will notice Wireless. Click on it, and you will be taken to the basic wireless administration page.

5.Once you are in the Basic Wireless Administration Page, check if the SSID Broadcast is [Enabled | Disabled], that option may be found with the label "2" on the image attached. Make sure that you click on the Enable radio button.

post-266959-083134500 1282134407.jpg

6.Assuming that you are using the router's default setup, check if you can see the SSID linksys, when you check for wifi on your laptop. If yes, just click on it and it SHOULD work

SIDE KWENTO: We were at a client's site before, we were trying to fix these japanese guy's wireless access, as he isn't able to detect any SSID. The hard part is that, the guy can't speak english so we absolutely can't understand what he was trying to say. So we thought that there must be something going on with the router. We tried different things, even going as far as to try to check if there really is a WLAN adapter on his laptop. To make the long story short, we found out that there is a switch somewhere at the bottom of the laptop to turn on the WLAN adapter. I think we almost spent two hours, trying to figure out what happened :lol:

Edited by polofalltrades

narerepair b ang router? may service center b ang d link?? o bili n lng ko bagong linksys???

I think router is not repairable when it come to hardware (parts) damages..

not unless if it is for settings and firmware update only.. meron nga ako 2 pcs. d-link na

router ayaw na gumana, bumili nlang ako bago.

narerepair b ang router? may service center b ang d link?? o bili n lng ko bagong linksys???

bro, bili ka na lang bagong linksys. kilala yang dlink na yan as sirain for routers (in my experienced, dami kase nagrereklamo na tropa ko na yan ang gamit) mas madali pang gamitin at iinstall ang linksys.

• 8 months later...

Good day Master,

Need your help, Kaka-install ko lang kz ng tenda W311r na wifi router na meron din 4 slots for lan, magagamit ko nman sya using the wifi, pero ang problems are

1. If gagamitin ko ung ung jurasic ko na pc333 pa ata un,using cable, ayaw gumana and internet/Lan

2. If daan ko sya sa switch hub gagana nman

3. Using the same cables, iconnect ko sya sa laptop ko "Compaq CQ40", gagana nman ang lan/internet if directly connected to the router bypassing the switch hub

Subra, subra na kz device ko sa bahay kung gagamit pa ako ng switch hub, 2 lang nman ang computer ko sa bahay...

Salamat mga Masters..

• 9 months later...

Good day Master,

Need your help, Kaka-install ko lang kz ng tenda W311r na wifi router na meron din 4 slots for lan, magagamit ko nman sya using the wifi, pero ang problems are

1. If gagamitin ko ung ung jurasic ko na pc333 pa ata un,using cable, ayaw gumana and internet/Lan

2. If daan ko sya sa switch hub gagana nman

3. Using the same cables, iconnect ko sya sa laptop ko "Compaq CQ40", gagana nman ang lan/internet if directly connected to the router bypassing the switch hub

Subra, subra na kz device ko sa bahay kung gagamit pa ako ng switch hub, 2 lang nman ang computer ko sa bahay...

Salamat mga Masters..

Try using yung cable with RJ-45 on both ends. Baka may problem sa synchronization ng router at PC mo. Static IP addressing ba ang gamit mo?