Nlex Experience - Reviews, Rules, Speed Radars

Guest don_pepot

Guest don_pepot

got caught for speeding yesterday on my way back from our out of town vacation. :angry: i was running 136kph daw and the apprehending officers flagged me down as i approached the bocaue tollway.

anybody know where these friggin' speed cams are so we can slow down when we approach it?

and how much is the penalty? i have to go to LTO soon to get my license...

there is no exact location for the speed radar along the nlex. sine there are many exit points, they usually station the patrol car and the radar gun near the the last 2 exit points. so when you are going north, be wary of driving beyond the speed limit after the san fernando exit. if you are going south, it is usually after the sta rita exit. hope this helps!

Guest don_pepot

ganon pala yun. i thought the radars were permanently located in one of the overpasses lang. :( i guess it was just my unlucky day. been driving NLEX for quite a few times already and ngayon lang ako na-tiempohan. tsk, tsk...

how much kaya fine non? checked the LTO website and speeding was not listed as one of the violations.

ganon pala yun. i thought the radars were permanently located in one of the overpasses lang. :( i guess it was just my unlucky day. been driving NLEX for quite a few times already and ngayon lang ako na-tiempohan. tsk, tsk...

how much kaya fine non? checked the LTO website and speeding was not listed as one of the violations.

i think around 510Php ata charge bro, hindi pa ako nahuhuli dyan, palagi sa skyway, 510Php ang penalty, pero baka magseminar ka pa bro, yun yung hassle dyan......

A few months ago, my wife's cousin narrated to me how he and 4 other drivers were apprehended at the end of the NLEX for overspeeding. The apprehending team told him that he was speeding at 145kph somewhere after the Shell Station in Balagtas, Bulacan.

He was shouting all kinds of profane words while narrating that incident. He was completely unaware that he was spotted with a radar gun. Pero he was questioning, bakit daw nung tumatakbo siya ng 180kph before getting to the shell station eh hindi siya nasita? Sabi ko naman hindi pa siya nai-spottan ng radar nung time na yun.

I just don't know if the technology is installed already at the NLEX, but in other countries, the radar-speed sensing equipment is installed as part of the overhead cameras strategically located throughout the entire stretch of the highway. So remotely, operators can visually see you shooting the highway and then confirm your speed through the radar gun attached to the camera.

That is also why and how they know which vehicle to apprehend as they approach their respective exits. In short, naka-timbre na sa mga patrol the description of the vehicle(s), including its plate number (in most cases).

MORAL LESSON: Stick to the maximum speed of 100kph.

Kaya lang bitin noh? :lol:

the standard fine is P510. the ugly thing is that you have to pay the fine and pickup your license at the LTO main office at east avenue.

A few months ago, my wife's cousin narrated to me how he and 4 other drivers were apprehended at the end of the NLEX for overspeeding. The apprehending team told him that he was speeding at 145kph somewhere after the Shell Station in Balagtas, Bulacan.

He was shouting all kinds of profane words while narrating that incident. He was completely unaware that he was spotted with a radar gun. Pero he was questioning, bakit daw nung tumatakbo siya ng 180kph before getting to the shell station eh hindi siya nasita? Sabi ko naman hindi pa siya nai-spottan ng radar nung time na yun.

I just don't know if the technology is installed already at the NLEX, but in other countries, the radar-speed sensing equipment is installed as part of the overhead cameras strategically located throughout the entire stretch of the highway. So remotely, operators can visually see you shooting the highway and then confirm your speed through the radar gun attached to the camera.

That is also why and how they know which vehicle to apprehend as they approach their respective exits. In short, naka-timbre na sa mga patrol the description of the vehicle(s), including its plate number (in most cases).

MORAL LESSON: Stick to the maximum speed of 100kph.

Kaya lang bitin noh? :lol:

as i have said earlier, the speed gun is usually located before the last 2 exits because it is easier for them to catch you. they dont have a radio strong enough to advise all exit points about the speed violators. furthermore, they can only operate the radar gun up to 6 pm max because of darkness. they need strong light for the camera. usually, they allow up to 120 kph because the speed radar has a 20% margin of error in its reading.

alam ko ung pick up na hi lux na nka taas ung hood kunyari nasiraan na nsa taas ng over pass b4 reaching bocaue exit

yes this is true!

pati ba pa northbound my nang huhuli?

yupyup!

Guest don_pepot
i think around 510Php ata charge bro, hindi pa ako nahuhuli dyan, palagi sa skyway, 510Php ang penalty, pero baka magseminar ka pa bro, yun yung hassle dyan......

somebody told me na may seminar pa daw nga! pag-inareglo mo, it'll cost you more than P1K (including the fine). hassle talaga! :angry:

somebody told me na may seminar pa daw nga! pag-inareglo mo, it'll cost you more than P1K (including the fine). hassle talaga! :angry:

Kaya nga its best to keep it to 100kph. Perhaps a little more like the one suggested above up to 120kph. With that extended speed kasi, you can still logically argue with the apprehending official na you were within the speed limits.

Kaya nga its best to keep it to 100kph. Perhaps a little more like the one suggested above up to 120kph. With that extended speed kasi, you can still logically argue with the apprehending official na you were within the speed limits.

Guest don_pepot

yeah, i learned my lesson the hard way... :( although if you ask me, i think the 100kph speed limit for NLEX is a tad too slow. i'd say it has to be 120kph at least.

Guest mitchiko0
tingnan mo na lang yung may mga pick-ups (hi-lux ata gamit) tas nakahinto lang for no apparent reason... usually yun yung mga patrol ng NLEX

napansin mo rin pala yun dude....yung supervisor na naka destino sa may sta.Rita pwede mo yun mapakiusapan.pero yung mga mismong nanghuhuli yun ang matinidi.....binigyan nya pa nga me ng business card eh.....

meron din daw sa may exit 32...

Edited by mitchiko0

muntik na ako dati, after buti na lang marami hinuhuli. too late na nung mapansin ko, the nlex patrols nasa tas ng overpass before the bocaue toolgate, kitang kita ko yung devices nila nakatutok sakin. kakabagyo lang nun. before reaching the tollgate i know i was in trouble. approaching the tollgate, kitang kita yung mga aprehending officers withtheir radios, they were swarming from the leftmost booth. siksik naman ako sa kanan dikit sa trucks. then yung isa nakatingin na i just asked my wife not to stare. past the booth i heard a whistle, huli yung katabi ko! then harurot na ako.

after nun, pag may overpass slow down muna konti just to make sure wala pickup sa taas. then pag may patrol sa unahan i noticed na walang nag oovertake pilapila lang, maski libre sa innerlane, the patrols usually maintains 100kph so pag humarurot ka, overspeeding pa din :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...