Restaurant Complaints

Guest BDC0425

• 2 months later...

GRABE!!!!!!!!!! ANG PINAKA WALAN-KWENTA NA NAKAINAN KO..

WALANG KWENTA MGA CREW!! ANG BAGAL NG SERVICE PUCHA..

I JUST ATE YESTERDAY NIGHT DUON..

GRABE IT TOOK 40 MINS FOR A BUNCH OF LUNCH TO BE SERVED

AND 45 MINS TO HAVE A GLASS OF COKE WHAT A WASTE OF 120BUCKS

THIS SHAKEYS IS ON VALERO IN MAKATI

GRABE 1 HR LANG BREAK KO PUCHA PASPASAN PAG KAIN--

HAY THIS ESTABLISHMENT SHOULD BE CLOSED

ALL THE TIME I EAT IN HERE GRABE BAD EXP

IF IT S NOT FOR THE MOJO POTATOES

HAY.............. :grr:

very well said, if u tell the manager on duty, there will be more benefits to your end:

1. you get to know the manager of the branch

2. he gets to know you as a regular guest

3. you will be informed of promos

4. ull get VIP treatment

not all bad. :D

• 2 weeks later...

this is an actual experience and an actual letter sent to the Inquirer about the bad service at Omakase Libis. happened to a friend so in case Inquirer does not publish this, it'll still be read.

please bear with the length :D

"FIRST AND LAST VISIT TO OMAKASE LIBIS

Last June 18, 2006, Father’s Day, I brought my family to a small Japanese restaurant called Omakase in Libis. This was after much vouching from a good friend about the quality Japanese food they serve at very good prices. My family and I arrived at the said resto at around 12:30 pm, and though we had to wait for about 20 minutes to be seated, the frontline staff was very friendly and accommodating despite the frenzy brought about by the Father’s Day crowd.

This is the exact reason why I am flabbergasted by the way the restaurant manager dealt with the accident I had wherein the bottom of the glass containing my mango shake suddenly, without any prior fault whatsoever, crashed onto my plate before I could even take my 4th sip, spilling everything on the table not to mention on my clothes, arms and even neck.

The said manager happened to be serving the table across ours and saw the aftermath of the accident, and stared like I was just another clumsy customer. It was not until I motioned and said that the bottom of the glass just fell out of nowhere that he opened his mouth and jadedly asked, “bigla nalang nahulog?” and equally jadedly shook his head as if he already had someone else in mind to blame for the accident, ignoring me, the harassed customer, all together. A few seconds after (while my family and I were still dumbstruck with the sudden turn of events over our simple Father’s Day lunch), the same manager came back to our table with a clean, peach hand towel, limply handed it to me, and said in the most indifferent and unprofessional tone, “o, sa’yo nalang yan” and walked away, as if I owed him the free towel.

Would you actually expect that from a restaurant manager? If his staff could remain pleasant amidst the horde of customers simultaneously ordering and trying to get a table, why could he not deal properly with a situation involving just one customer? He is the manager and should be the epitome of customer service on the floor. Good heavens, it does not even take too much an amount of brain cells to know exactly what to say and at the very least, how to say things in such an event!

It is to my full knowledge that the establishment certainly did not want the accident to happen, and I acknowledged that when I came up to the manager after vainly trying to wipe myself clean, on how he plans to deal with the situation (I was already pissed at how he nonchalantly dealt with it initially and never came back not even once uttered a simple, professional “sorry”. If memory serves me right, he did say a hasty and hardly-meant “sorry” but I practically had to beg for it to come out of his mouth when I came up to him. But my family and I did not hear any sort of apology whatsoever that speaks of professionalism prior to my coming up to him). You know what he told me? “Eh hindi naman po naming kagustuhan mangyari yun. Ang kakausapin ko diyan ay yung manufacturer namin dahil defect nila ‘yan,” with an unmistakable scornful look on his face like I was already taking too much of his precious “manager” time. Probably desperate for at least a fraction of decent customer treatment, I bargained for a discount. He just hastily and insincerely said, “oo sige, sige,” practically shooing me away as he motioned his body away from me with his response. I later found out that they simply voided our table’s service charge.

By this time, it was already obvious that I was not going anywhere with the manager so I went back to our table and asked for the over-all manager, or someone else who oversees this disrespectful, untrained manager. I was told by one of the waitresses that he is already the one on top of everything. I asked for the owner’s contact information and obvious that she was already told of what to say, the waitress meekly told me that, “sila-sila rin po iyon eh…family business po kasi”, while pointing at the people over the counter where the manager was standing. The manager by this time already had his back on us, and refused to make even eye contact at the instances when he had to move a little from his spot where he apparently fixed himself onto after I approached him. My dad even informed me that after my mom, my brother and I had left the restaurant, he tried talking to the manager but he already refused to talk to him and had the staff, ie. the waiters and waitresses, as his spokespersons.

Now that is even worse. I can possibly allow such misconduct from a mere employee for the sake if argument, but from the owner himself, if indeed it was true that he was the owner?! Talo ka pa ng staff mo. You don’t deserve to be in a service-oriented business.

I am stunned up until now, as I recall and put my experience in formal writing. I was not asking much; I was just asking to be treated the way any other customer should be treated. I was not asking for 110% of his attention, but just 110% decent and professional treatment of a manager towards a hassled customer in general, even for just five minutes. Sad to say, the said manager failed that 110% and even more.

So much for good food and word-of-mouth."

• 4 weeks later...

or if the manager thinks you just full of sh!t and he remembers you again on your next visit... maybe they can serve you their special pizza a la spit, or their chicken saw saw arinola, or even their mango shake con ihi. hehe.

ya, dapat tell the manager your complaint before or after you pay. then never go back. or go back after a few months so they wont probably remember you na.

this is an actual experience and an actual letter sent to the Inquirer about the bad service at Omakase Libis. happened to a friend so in case Inquirer does not publish this, it'll still be read.

please bear with the length :D

"FIRST AND LAST VISIT TO OMAKASE LIBIS

Last June 18, 2006, Father’s Day, I brought my family to a small Japanese restaurant called Omakase in Libis. This was after much vouching from a good friend about the quality Japanese food they serve at very good prices. My family and I arrived at the said resto at around 12:30 pm, and though we had to wait for about 20 minutes to be seated, the frontline staff was very friendly and accommodating despite the frenzy brought about by the Father’s Day crowd.

This is the exact reason why I am flabbergasted by the way the restaurant manager dealt with the accident I had wherein the bottom of the glass containing my mango shake suddenly, without any prior fault whatsoever, crashed onto my plate before I could even take my 4th sip, spilling everything on the table not to mention on my clothes, arms and even neck.

The said manager happened to be serving the table across ours and saw the aftermath of the accident, and

Now that is even worse. I can possibly allow such misconduct from a mere employee for the sake if argument, but from the owner himself, if indeed it was true that he was the owner?! Talo ka pa ng staff mo. You don’t deserve to be in a service-oriented business.

I am stunned up until now, as I recall and put my experience in formal writing. I was not asking much; I was just asking to be treated the way any other customer should be treated. I was not asking for 110% of his attention, but just 110% decent and professional treatment of a manager towards a hassled customer in general, even for just five minutes. Sad to say, the said manager failed that 110% and even more.

So much for good food and word-of-mouth."

Dude, the glass broke. He should get over it.

People make mistakes and have bad days. Why obsess over it and wreck your day??? Too much time on his hands, learn to forgive, life will be better.

I've eaten here twenty times (and at about a 100 othe Jap. restos across Manila). This is one of the best quality/price=value places. Your loss if you never go back!

Should have refused to pay--DEN HE GET A LOT OF ATTENTION.

parang hindi yata totoo ito. I am a regular customer of this restaurant and know some of the owners, sa pagkakaalam ko walang lalake na owner, one of the owners (girl) is always at the libis branch every weekend. they have excellent service, good food at a very reasonable price. baka naman panira lang to na email.

they have a new branch in timog.

very well said, if u tell the manager on duty, there will be more benefits to your end:

1. you get to know the manager of the branch

2. he gets to know you as a regular guest

3. you will be informed of promos

4. ull get VIP treatment

not all bad. :D

i just wanna add.. they also might give you some freebies.. :)

so far, i have no bad experience when im eating here at shakeys.. the chicken and mojos are superb!!

i just wanna add.. they also might give you some freebies.. :)

so far, i have no bad experience when im eating here at shakeys.. the chicken and mojos are superb!!

That's true, try to talk to the managers or somethin but same here i haven't had any bad experience with any of the shakey's i went to. BAD TRIP PIZZA HUT... mas pipiliin ko nman shakeys kaysa dun na ang kupad magtake ay deliver ng food. Perhaps marami lang tao sa shakeys kaya ganon... usually mabilis order ung bunch of lunch...

• 2 weeks later...
GRABE!!!!!!!!!! ANG PINAKA WALAN-KWENTA NA NAKAINAN KO..

WALANG KWENTA MGA CREW!! ANG BAGAL NG SERVICE PUCHA..

I JUST ATE YESTERDAY NIGHT DUON..

GRABE IT TOOK 40 MINS FOR A BUNCH OF LUNCH TO BE SERVED

AND 45 MINS TO HAVE A GLASS OF COKE WHAT A WASTE OF 120BUCKS

THIS SHAKEYS IS ON VALERO IN MAKATI

GRABE 1 HR LANG BREAK KO PUCHA PASPASAN PAG KAIN--

HAY THIS ESTABLISHMENT SHOULD BE CLOSED

ALL THE TIME I EAT IN HERE GRABE BAD EXP

IF IT S NOT FOR THE MOJO POTATOES

HAY.............. :grr:

Totoo magkasama kming kumain f#&k s@%t sobrang tagal talaga soda na nga lng inabot pa ng 30 mins. bago madal sa table namin nagwawala na nga c tenchi23...nagsisigaw na sa shakeys

laking shakey's ako mga dude and i can't deny na talagang matagal nga service nila. taga Bangkal, Makati kami dati and lapit lang kami sa Magallanes, meron doon dating Shakey's katabi ng South Supermarket palagi kami doon ng family ko, as a youngster i vividly remember na mau-ubos ko na yung drink ko sa mug eh wala parin yung order. Pero talagang masarap ang Mojo's nila kahit mapadaan lang sa labas nila maamoy mo ang sarap! Siguro talaga lang na they don't sacrifice quality of their product para mapa-bilis yung service nila. siguro dapat maglagay sila ng post na saying how long will it take for them to serve your meal or estimate man lang? Approximately?

laking shakey's ako mga dude and i can't deny na talagang matagal nga service nila. taga Bangkal, Makati kami dati and lapit lang kami sa Magallanes, meron doon dating Shakey's katabi ng South Supermarket palagi kami doon ng family ko, as a youngster i vividly remember na mau-ubos ko na yung drink ko sa mug eh wala parin yung order. Pero talagang masarap ang Mojo's nila kahit mapadaan lang sa labas nila maamoy mo ang sarap! Siguro talaga lang na they don't sacrifice quality of their product para mapa-bilis yung service nila. siguro dapat maglagay sila ng post na saying how long will it take for them to serve your meal or estimate man lang? Approximately?

Before, when you order, they say that it takes 15 to 20 mins for them to serve the pizza. But on busy days, it takes way much longer than that.

I tried their delivery, and they say it will take them 1 hour to deliver. They say it takes time for them to prepare the pizza from scratch and to cook it, but how come Dominos does the same thing and can deliver in 30 mins? Maybe pizza hut prepares stocks of pizza for cooking so they can deliver in 30 mins, but since Dominos can also deliver in 30 from scratch negates that line of reasoning.

Baka talagang mabagal ang system nila.

Sa Amici di Don Bosco, during peak lunch period, niii-serve yung pizza in 15-20 mins, kahit lima pa yung order. From scratch din yun.

OT: Sir Markymac, taga Bangkal kayo? Nasubukan mo ba yun Fat Michael's? Masarap ba doon?

Edited by floppydrive
or if the manager thinks you just full of sh!t and he remembers you again on your next visit... maybe they can serve you their special pizza a la spit, or their chicken saw saw arinola, or even their mango shake con ihi. hehe.

ya, dapat tell the manager your complaint before or after you pay. then never go back. or go back after a few months so they wont probably remember you na.

Well, I hope this is a joke. A company who is service oriented should very well accept complaints or criticism positively. They should use this as a basis for improvement..

hmmm... valero branch ba bro? pasensiya na. i think that's one of the busiest shakey's branch esp. pag lunch time. i think shakey's is working on their service, most of the stuff is prepared from scratch kasi.

did you get the manager's name? next time insist on a comment card.

mga bros if u have any bad experiences sa shakey's just pm me.

we could get the info at para masabihan din yung mga managers and crew. we're working on their advertising kasi so it helps din kung may mga feedback na ganito. i'll show ur post sa mga tigaShakeys so they can work on it ASAP. thanks

Mukhang standard na nga yata yung bagal na yun. Di naman ganun dati...

Experience ko naman sa SM Marilao... Umorder kami ng Bunch of Lunch for Take out at isang Sundae habang naghihintay...

Well, mabagal din mag isip yung Management Trainee and the manager wasn't on sight so we waited for what seems to be an eternity for the Sundae which arrived lukewarm.

Another eternity's wait for the bunch of lunch na kung hindi pa kami nangulit ay hindi pa makakarating sa amin...

I cheked it and saw that there was this plastic case thingy instead of the spaghetti which was supposed to be included in the meal... So I asked the waiter where the spaghetti was and said nasa loob daw nung case na plastic.

Since nagmamadali na kami, pinaniwalaan ko lang kaysa naman mas lalo pang masira ang sira ko nang araw.

To top it all off, tama nga hinala ko.

Pagdating sa bahay, I discovered that there was no spaghetti but instead was a salad...

What kinda service is that?

As for Mojos and chicken, well, i have a bettr tastingfamily recipe which keeps getting better after each generation.

I'll tip you in on this one... The secret to Chicken N Mojos is that they're deep fried at the same time. Therefore, blending the chicken's and the potatoe's essences to escalate each other's taste.

Sa totoo lang, wala na kaming balak kumain sa shakeys kahit kailan.

Ganun ba, Di ba libre na yun kapag lumagpas sa time limit?

E di oorder na ko and hope that it's late. Hehehe.

Wala na talaga akong tiwala s Shakeys... Buti sana kung mabagal lang ang service. Kinakalimutan pa yata nung crew yung order mo. Tapos, magsisinungaling pa ass if tanga yung customer.

Ang masasabi ko lang, "kung may galit sila sa supervisor nila, wag nila idamay mga customer."

@cumshot

I'm referring to Shakeys SM Marilao.

The MT present was named ZOILO or something like that. (Yun ang nasa name tag nya)

Yung Waiter na nanggago sa akin, di ko nakuha pangalan.

One more thing... Nakalimutan nila akong singilin as if nakapagbayad na ako. Ayoko lang kasing manloko kaya binayaran ko na rin...

Tapos ganito igaganti sa akin ng staff.

I believe in upholding one's honor... I was convinced that day that Shakeys does not have that...

I'm sorry cumshot but that's the plain truth. I hope you guys at top management can do something about it... Kawawa naman kasi yung iba pang mabibiktima.

Their 7777 number deifnitely sucks! I was in a meeting and our manager ordered Shakeys pizza, chicken and mojos for us. Sabi sa kanya 1 hour daw before dumating yung delivery. This was not acceptable to our manager since she was able to have Shakeys deliver to our office (in Libis) in 30 minutes. Sabi nung phone rep, matagal daw talaga kasi sa Cubao pa manggagaling yung delivery. Our manager asked her bakit sa Cubao pa manggagaling e may Katipunan branch naman and Libis was still within the coverage area of that branch. Sabi ba naman nung phone rep, wala daw silang branch dun. This dumbfounded our manager as how can someone from Shakeys (not unless outsourced yun) not know the locations of their own branches? Nakipagtalo yung boss ko until she asked for a supervisor who also maintained that the delivery woud come from Cubao since there was no Katipunan branch. My boss just ended up hanging up the phone and calling the Katipunan branch directly and she was able to have our order delivered in 30 minutes. Hassle!