Players That Earned Your Respect

Medyo Out of Topic pero dito na rin post.........(sayang lang pag gagawa pa ng bago thread dahil konti lang mga coaches)

Red Auerbach and Baby Dalupan........Greatest Coach of Basketball

Edited by edc
steve kerr - bulls 2nd stringer to suns GM ^_^

and for me, the best ever ports columnist in the net. He's more entertaining than his supposed to be more experienced co-writers.

OT pero just want to pay tribute to Lebron James' mom Gloria. She raised Bron as a single parent, without any support from LBJ's father (whoever he is). she's your typical poor gal living in the ghettos and did everything she can for her beloved son. Her dedication as a mother has been rewarded and look who she got; A sport superstar icon son who already amassed more than a hundred million dollars and the face of the greatest basketball league in the world.

i think his PBA monicker was "The Scavenger"

well to be sure he had a lot of nicknames, all alluding to the fact that he scrambled after loose balls like a madman.

he was also once called the Garbageman (with a subtitle turning Garbage into Gold)

Those were some of the days that I wished Joe Cantada was still alive.

Medyo Out of Topic pero dito na rin post.........(sayang lang pag gagawa pa ng bago thread dahil konti lang mga coaches)

Red Auerbach and Baby Dalupan........Greatest Coach of Basketball

for me, coach Don Nelson and Mike Fratello

don Nelson - probably the mad scientist of the NBA. pioneered the "small-ball", "hack-a-shaq", "point-forward position" and turning a 7 foot german into a freakin 3 point shooter (imagine what he can do to Yao Ming if he's his coach.) So crazy, so creative.

Mike Fratello - His cavaliers stint is such a good study on how to turn a garbage team into a playoff contenders. He had done it with the cavaliers of early 90s, without any superstar. He innovates the "slow-ball" offense coupled with air-tight defense, and always keeping the score low as low it can be.

mutumbo - a good man who gives back to his coutnry men.

lance armstrong - a very strong person indeed.

raul - a real captain of the galaktikos

van nistelrooy - eto malapit na...1-2 more years of lots of goals and beating barca a championship kahit na si henry nsa kanila..he'll earn my respect..

Lance Armstrong

Samboy Lim

David Robinson

Tim Duncan

Michael Jordan

Reggie Theus

Detlef Schrempf

I would have to agree with you with Tim Duncan, when Tony Parker was asked about winning his MVP award he referred to Tim Duncan, he said that the team revolved around this humble but effective guy. Though he's marketing nightmare but he's the epitome of sportsmanship and selflessness.

Derek fisher....willing to give up his reviving career in Utah just to spend time with his ailing daughter. More than fame, career, money or anything else, it's family that really matters most.

Hope he can still play elsewhere (i hope in LA) where he can still play yet he can attend to the medical needs of his daughter.

• 3 weeks later...

Tim Duncan for being nonchalant about what most NBA players play for; EGO, FAME and FLARE

Manu GINOBILI- Though many people think he's a flopper but, he is also a rare NBA Star. why? How many players would agree to come off the bench? He does what is best for the team.

I've always thought that KERBY RAYMUNDO of purefoods LETRAN was an airhead, angas type of person... As in angas na angas ako dito...

Pero when I watched him sacrifice his playing time sa National team tapos yung laro nya knina against IRAN, He gained my respect... PUSO pinakita niya.