What Fuel Do You Use For Your Vehicle?

On my 12 year old Toyota - Shell Velocity

On my 1 year old Honda - Shell Unleaded

Geez!  I just realized this morning - fuel prices went up by P 0.50 since last week.

thinking about it, prices of gasoline in taiwan

98 octane - 28 NT around 55 pesos/liter

95 octane - 25 NT around 50 pesos/liter

i just dont know if the quality of our gasoline is proportionate to the price.

• 2 weeks later...
kalalabas lang ethanol blended gasoline. cheaper, cleaner and higher octane daw. any feedback kung di nakakasira to ng engine? i drive a 95 corona

Though its the first time that ethanol will be blended into gasoline on a commercial scale level, Im sure there were tests made by both the DOE and the fuel company, Seaoil, selling this product. What I know is that the ethanol being used is still imported though we have alcohol distillers around who are manufacturing it but mainly for liquor and medicinal usage. The ethanol for fuel has to meet the standards based on the World Wide Fuel Charter for it to be safe for vehicle usage. I surmise the ethanol Seaoil is using meets this standards. Also, based on the WWFC, a blend of up to 10% ethanol in gasoline is acceptable (assuming the ethanol on its own meets the standards for fuel as well) and will not even void the warranty of your car if something goes wrong with its usage. Check out the automobile manufacturers who have signed up the charter to see if your car can use a 10% ethanol blend.