Concerts

bluechips

one concert I wish I saw live: G3 - Joe Satriani, Steve Vai and Eric Johnson, together, live! Now that's great rock music. That was 1996 somewhere in the US. I bought the CD in 1997, and recently bought the DVD version.

yeah! i'd pay a lot just to see them perform live as well!!! john petrucci of dream theater even played as their opening act in some of their tours I believe.

Hi all!

Public service: Jars of Clay Live in Manila and Cebu "Show You Love"

http://jarsofclayShowYouLove.blogspot.com

Ticket prices are: MANILA - Araneta, March 2, Wednesday

Front Act: Barbie's Cradle (confirmed)

PATRON A P2350 (with reserved seats)

PATRON B P2050 (with reserved seats)

PATRON C P1650 (with reserved seats)

LOWER BOX P1450 (with reserved seats)

UPPER BOX A SPECIAL P1250 (with reserved seats - this is the center)

UPPER BOX A P950 (with reserved seats)

UPPER BOX B P500 (first come, first served) General

Admission - promo price

(wait for announcements approx 300 each)

CEBU -B.R.I.G.H.T Academy. Feb 28, Monday

P800

P500

P250

In Cebu, you may go to Kaon Na Grill or

Thirsty Outlets in Ayala Mall.

Oh...you can email me ultradust@gmail.com for tickets. Good seats!

---spread the word----

best live performances:

1  tool

2  slayer

3  santana (6-piece band)

4  buddy guy

5  smashing pumpkins

6  suicidal tendencies

7  deep purple (w/ steve morse)

8  james taylor

9  joe jackson

10 red hot chili peppers

pare glad to know you dig buddy guy and joe jackson. Kaya lang malabong pumunta dito and dalawang yan....

The most memorable concerts I saw were the ones by the late Robert Palmer in Araneta in '89.....never thought that Robert Palmer would visit our shores. Kasikatan pa talaga nya nun - panahon yun nung SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE and ADDICTED TO LOVE. How he appears in videos ganun din ang get-up nya on stage- 3piece suit and patent leather shoes...

Another was the one by Sting in '92....grabe tao sa Ultra. Panahon to ng TEN SUMMONERS' TALES album nya at kasikatan din nya...great performance...

pinaka-malufet kong concert experience - metallica concert in '93... muntil mabale leeg ko kaka-head bang at ang sarap mag-slam...

unforgettable din yung pearl jam concert in '95 kasi nasa pinakaharap kami tsaka nakapag-body surf ako tsaka ka-slaman ko mga foreigners... sarap ding humawak at humipo sa mga caucasians na nag-crowd surf din...

hehehe napanuod ko din yan kaya lang nasa likuran kami wala tuloy kaming mahipuan hehehehe...but the music and the performance was what it was promised to be....galeeeng....

went to concerts of the UP Madrigal Singers twice in the early 90's... they were so good I couldn't believe my ears... heavenly music.

The Chick Corea Akoustic Band had a concert at thr CCP in the late 80's -- dream come true! I got to listen to one of the best jazz pianists of all time, live! I hope that other jazz artists of his caliber come and perform here. Too bad that the jazz fan base in the country is too small.

yeah pare dati pumupunta pa dito sina deodato.....ang liit nga ng fan base dito ng true jazz...ang sumisikat yung mga gaya nina Kenny g and Yanni :sick: :sick: :sick:

Ang madalas kong mapanuod ay yung UP Jazz Ensemble during my college days...kasama pa dun sina Tots Tolentino, John Lesaca, Rayben Maigue...singer nila si Lynn Sherman....

one concert I wish I saw live: G3 - Joe Satriani, Steve Vai and Eric Johnson, together, live! Now that's great rock music. That was 1996 somewhere in the US. I bought the CD in 1997, and recently bought the DVD version.

pards kahit isa lang dyan sa tatlong yan ang pumunta dito sulit na....I think they have a followup album dun sa g3...I have that G3 too but I saw another G3 when I was at tower....

the drum clinic was held at the megatrade hall, it was an event produced by JB music and zyldian phils. :)

ok but I doubt Vai was there or else it would have been a guitar clinic.....

I miss those concerts where there are extended drum solos...wala na yatang mga headliner na drummers ngayon...remember the days of Keith Moon, John Bonham, even Danny Gottlieb of the jazz group Elements...

• 2 weeks later...

personnal xperience ko -

foreign act:

da best - metallica! xcellent sound system. hayop ang energy ng band at ng audience.

da worst - bon jovi! napaka dis-organized, tapos inulan pa. sayang bayad.

local:

da best - "rock against drugs" series nung late 80's...dami pinoy rock band, 20 pesos lang entrance...minsan libre pa sa SM city carpark...

personnal xperience ko -

foreign act:

da best - metallica! xcellent sound system. hayop ang energy ng band at ng audience.

grabe! i remember this concert! i was still in HS! ang saya saya! naglabasan lahat ng long hair sa manila! nyaaaaah! :boo: :boo: :boo:

my only regret...i wasn't able to see the googoo dolls concert! i had a locgov exam that night! :grr: :grr: :grr:

unforgettable din yung pearl jam concert in '95 kasi nasa pinakaharap kami tsaka nakapag-body surf ako tsaka ka-slaman ko mga foreigners... sarap ding humawak at humipo sa mga caucasians na nag-crowd surf din...

I remember this too! They were awesome! Galing pa kasi while we were queuing up to enter the folk arts theatre the band was rehearsing so you could hear Eddie Vedder singing...parang teaser! tapos ok pa yung front act...mud honey ba yon?

Sobrang daming tao magkakapalitan kayo ng muka sa sobrang sikip! hahaha pero astig! had a blast!