Abortion: When Is It Not A Sin?

Personally i think it's murder plain and simple....for whatever reason, the human being growing inside a woman had no hand whatsoever on the circumstances that happened that led to his/her conception. Can you blame the unborn child for the sin of being conceived? Hell no! Be it the result of rape or just plain stupidity. Blame the situation, not the unborn.

It has always been a sin.

however, i think there are exceptions to this rule:

- when the baby is stillborn and needs to be "flushed" out of the system lest the girl die

- when the woman (or baby) will die of complications if she delivers the baby

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Its always a sin, and God hates and abhors it.. No matter what the circumstances are... its a SIN... :ohmy: and Don't even think about it.. If you got pregnant or if your girlfriend is, just face it and be a human and be responsible because what if you are that baby, that you are about to abort, what would you feel towards your parents? :angry2:

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

tim tebow's mom risked her life when he was in her womb. actress andi eigenmann chose to bear her child instead of terminating it for her career and convenience. i admire them for choosing life.

camille paglia, the very pro-choice, lesbian and liberal cultural critic said that, "abortion is murder because it is the powerful imposing their will on the powerless". even she admits that pro-lifers are slowly turning the tide in america from many being pro-choice to becoming pro-life. a pew research poll has backed this in 2008. for the first time since the 1973 roe vs. wade decision in the the u.s. supreme court legalizing abortions, 51% of americans are now pro-life. i read some of miss paglia's articles at salon.com. very informative.

other related sites on this subject are the susan b. anthony list and pro-lifer jill stanek's blogs. miss stanek is a nurse who sued a hospital for the horrific practice of partial birth abortion. the biggest advocate of partial birth abortion will shock you if you're not familiar with u.s. politics.

abortion must only be necessary if a doctor has concluded that a mother's life is at risk but not in cases of rape. i can't imagine what agony rape victims feel but hopefully with counseling, they put their babies up for adoption. the big media in the u.s. never report the regret and anguish of many women who had abortions. it's time that more people get more educated on this important matter. go to the website of cns news and search their archives.