• Please log in to reply
264 replies to this topic

#1 FleurDeLune

FleurDeLune

Chienne Počte

• 4374 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 09:38 PM

What's your take on this?

MANILA, Philippines - The name of President Duterte’s vice mayor son has been dragged into the House of Representatives’ investigation on drug smuggling and corruption in the Bureau of Customs (BOC).

Quirino Rep. Dakila Cua, ways and means committee chairman, told reporters yesterday that importer-witness Mark Taguba mentioned Davao City Vice Mayor Paolo Duterte in the course of the 12-hour marathon hearing on the issue that lasted up to near-midnight on Monday.

In a statement, the vice mayor said he does not want to dignify Taguba’s “lies” by explaining his side.

“Taguba admitted that his testimony against me was based entirely on rumors. Why would we entertain or believe hearsay? One does not dignify lies with a response,” Paolo said.

Cua said they would have to ask Taguba to clear things up. “He referred to him as vice mayor (of Davao City). We will clarify this with him, what was his basis, so we will know how to proceed,” he said.

He said if Taguba has solid basis in mentioning Vice Mayor Duterte, the House would consider inviting the presidential son.

Surigao del Norte Rep. Robert Ace Barbers, who presided over Monday’s hearing as chairman of the committee on dangerous drugs, said it was upon the questioning of deputy speaker and Marikina Rep. Romero Quimbo that Taguba referred to the President’s son.

“The witness told us that some of those he claimed to have bribed in Customs dropped the name of Vice Mayor Duterte, that they were collecting money for the President’s son,” Barbers told The STAR. More here.

#2 camiar

camiar

Camiar

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3699 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:46 AM

old style, boring attempt to discredit Duterte's family.

But rooster will be jumping up and down excitedly for a chance to confirm the veracity of the claim.

#3 Mango Man

Mango Man

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • Interests:Travel. Books. Music. Sports. Coffee & tea

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:13 PM

Maybe we should not prejudge. Let those who are making the accusations provide evidence. Kung meron, prosecute. Kung wala, sue for libel.

#4 Stag Loonie

Stag Loonie

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 02:28 PM

open naman ang mga Duterte sa imbestigasyon.  Pakiramdam ko, hindi totoo.

#5 jopoc

jopoc

MTC Oblation Runner

• Ambassador
  • 22067 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:56 AM

wow.... due process when it comes to the dutertes.... everybody is reserving judgement....

pero kung dilawan o small time.... guilty agad....

DOUBLE STANDARDS at its best happening here. 

#6 haroots2

haroots2

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3624 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:13 AM

wow.... due process when it comes to the dutertes.... everybody is reserving judgement....

You know there is no evidence and its only a hearsay,  Pero kung may investigation e di go.  Pero fo rme it will be a waste of time.  Madali naman sabihin para kay Mice Mayor yan kaya palusutin mo na.  Marami ng ganyang modus pati sa text scam ewan ko nga bakit marami pa rin nauuto.

#7 dyampee

dyampee

Experienced

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Big Cars and Big Bumpers

Posted 15 August 2017 - 11:17 AM

Sorry to say sir Jopoc but "I LEARNED NOT TO TRUST THE LIBERAL/DILAWAN PARTY".

A bit of backround about me and the reason behind this:

Before I'm an avid supporter of PNOY and LP and even worked on a NGO which LP is affiliated with. One of my projects is tied up with one of the Local Gasoline Companies who's very supportive in pursuing Good Governance. The Executive Director of the Company's foundation worked as my mentor and guided me in the process in training local student leaders around the country. He's an Ateneo Graduate and a great friend of the previous Chairman of Bureau of Costums during PNOY's term. In the year 2014 my mentor and I usually have a dinner with him and he'll ask my mentor some advice on how he will fix BOC and stop its current corrupt culture. So he changed the people that isnt competitive enough and didnt passed the standard test, and reassigned some people on other position that is very fit with their skill set. In short during those times 2014-2015 it has been a smooth and clean BOC. You can check the stock market during that time that the price of most of the goods and even the gasoline are decreased. At the last quarter of 2015 he invited my mentor again to have a drink. While we are drinking, he shared to us his dilemma and telling us he is planning to resign. Why should a head of BOC which had a change for the better would resign? His reason?

BECAUSE ABAD AND SOME HIGHER UPS IN LP told him to USE BOC to gather FUNDS FOR THE UPCOMING 2016 ELECTIONS.

YAN BA ANG DAANG MATUWID? YAN BA ANG HINDI CORRUPT? So he resigned because he can't do what the higher ups in LP ask him to do. So here comes the multi-billionaire who took over BOC. And when he took position the problems regarding BUKAS BALIKBAYAN BOX, and LAGLAGBALA tales has started. 

NOW will I, the one who saw the integrity with the previous chairman will still support the party who wanted that man to be corrupt? INTEGRITY is a vital part of Leadership and Good Governance. At yan ang tinuturo ko sa mga youth leaders. So will I still support LP?NEVER!!

Isa pang magaling sa LP is their machinery to CHANGE AND TWEAK THE FACTS. DI BA IN THE PAST ELECTIONS Two of the most competitive POLITICIANS have been sealed by LP? MANNY VILLAR for example sinirang sinira siya ng LP and nung dumating yung ELECTIONS ayun  sobrang bumaba yung boto nya. Same with BINAY even though I also believe that BINAY is corrupt pero talagang SINIRA sila ng mga BLACK PROPAGANDA ng LP just to ensure their power in the Philippine Politics. It's sad that they are making the Politics in our country a arena to triumph.

So because of that, I do not believe on this issue. As of now it is a heresay, isang paratang unless they can produce solid evidences against Davao's Vice Mayor.
Nangyari na ito ilang beses na and ang tinarget nila is DUTERTE, himself. Eh hindi gumana so they will find a way, some loopholes to find PDU30's weakness until they triumph again and hold the top position in the Philippine Political Arena.

Edited by dyampee, 15 August 2017 - 11:18 AM.

• JCR587, neville and camiar like this

#8 filibustero

filibustero

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1193 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 11:44 AM

Hmm.. star witness pala ng LP yung Mark Taguba?

And para sa mga bago dito sa PEaCE forum, si sir jopoc po ay maka-Binay. Baka mapagkamalan nyo na dilawan. Hehe. Unless dilaw na din pala si Binay ngayon?
  • FleurDeLune likes this

#9 daphne loves derby

daphne loves derby

Dragon Sin of Wrath

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2570 posts
  • Interests:music, poetry, comics/manga, film, anime

Posted 15 August 2017 - 12:48 PM

Based on the senate hearing today, the main witness Mark Taguba claimed that he had "no personal knowledge" about the involvement of the Presidents son.. Ang answer niya ay - I THINK (at si Trillanes pa ang nagtanong sa sagot niya na yan)

so there you go.

Edited by daphne loves derby, 15 August 2017 - 12:48 PM.

• Gwen Morales likes this

#10 darksoulriver

darksoulriver

God of Lust

• (11) Wyld
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5334 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:29 PM

The main man Mark Taguba admitted narinig lng nya yung pangalang Paolo Duterte...

tsismis! 

• Gwen Morales likes this

#11 camiar

camiar

Camiar

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3699 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:37 AM

Ganyan talaga. Pag out-of-character sa image ng tao ang ipinaparatang sa kanya, maraming magdududa. 

Hindi double standard ang tawag dyan. With too many demolition jobs initiated by the oligarch-funded opposition politicians and propagandists, the people have become introspective.

#12 camiar

camiar

Camiar

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3699 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:46 AM

Sorry to say sir Jopoc but "I LEARNED NOT TO TRUST THE LIBERAL/DILAWAN PARTY".

A bit of backround about me and the reason behind this:

Before I'm an avid supporter of PNOY and LP and even worked on a NGO which LP is affiliated with. One of my projects is tied up with one of the Local Gasoline Companies who's very supportive in pursuing Good Governance. The Executive Director of the Company's foundation worked as my mentor and guided me in the process in training local student leaders around the country. He's an Ateneo Graduate and a great friend of the previous Chairman of Bureau of Costums during PNOY's term. In the year 2014 my mentor and I usually have a dinner with him and he'll ask my mentor some advice on how he will fix BOC and stop its current corrupt culture. So he changed the people that isnt competitive enough and didnt passed the standard test, and reassigned some people on other position that is very fit with their skill set. In short during those times 2014-2015 it has been a smooth and clean BOC. You can check the stock market during that time that the price of most of the goods and even the gasoline are decreased. At the last quarter of 2015 he invited my mentor again to have a drink. While we are drinking, he shared to us his dilemma and telling us he is planning to resign. Why should a head of BOC which had a change for the better would resign? His reason?

BECAUSE ABAD AND SOME HIGHER UPS IN LP told him to USE BOC to gather FUNDS FOR THE UPCOMING 2016 ELECTIONS.

YAN BA ANG DAANG MATUWID? YAN BA ANG HINDI CORRUPT? So he resigned because he can't do what the higher ups in LP ask him to do. So here comes the multi-billionaire who took over BOC. And when he took position the problems regarding BUKAS BALIKBAYAN BOX, and LAGLAGBALA tales has started. 

NOW will I, the one who saw the integrity with the previous chairman will still support the party who wanted that man to be corrupt? INTEGRITY is a vital part of Leadership and Good Governance. At yan ang tinuturo ko sa mga youth leaders. So will I still support LP?NEVER!!

Isa pang magaling sa LP is their machinery to CHANGE AND TWEAK THE FACTS. DI BA IN THE PAST ELECTIONS Two of the most competitive POLITICIANS have been sealed by LP? MANNY VILLAR for example sinirang sinira siya ng LP and nung dumating yung ELECTIONS ayun  sobrang bumaba yung boto nya. Same with BINAY even though I also believe that BINAY is corrupt pero talagang SINIRA sila ng mga BLACK PROPAGANDA ng LP just to ensure their power in the Philippine Politics. It's sad that they are making the Politics in our country a arena to triumph.

So because of that, I do not believe on this issue. As of now it is a heresay, isang paratang unless they can produce solid evidences against Davao's Vice Mayor.
Nangyari na ito ilang beses na and ang tinarget nila is DUTERTE, himself. Eh hindi gumana so they will find a way, some loopholes to find PDU30's weakness until they triumph again and hold the top position in the Philippine Political Arena.

I have the same perspective and related information regarding LP, particularly Abad, and the other leaders in LP.

I will never trust LP. Never had, never will.

#13 dyampee

dyampee

Experienced

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Big Cars and Big Bumpers

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:57 AM

I have the same perspective and related information regarding LP, particularly Abad, and the other leaders in LP.

I will never trust LP. Never had, never will.

I agree with you Bro. Too bad there are alot of LP Politicians who has the potential to be a great leader in the country. Kaya lang kung sino pa ung Matino, Mahusay, at may Integridad siya pa ang namamatay. With this I'lll just choose the lesser evil, dahil I know to k*ll is a sin but to k*ll for the good of many siguro yun ang kailangan sa current society natin. Minsan too much freedom will lead to chaos, after Martial Law Filipinos learned to live the life dahil bumalik yung sinasabi nating freedom until at the present where people from the poorest of the poor pati mga mayayaman tends to disobey the law kahit napakaliit na bagay lang yan. I hope there will be a time na we will be disciplined enough and learn to love our own Kin and be proud that everyone of us is a GENUINE FILIPINO. Yan ang sa tingin ko na kulang sa ating bansa.

#14 juniper100155

juniper100155

Virgin

• (04) Casual
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:54 PM

madami din talaga gusto manira. pero pera pera lang talaga yan

#15 DarkPill

DarkPill

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:34 PM

Guys off topic na kayo. Hehe

Mabilis lang malusaw yung issue sa anak ni Duterte.

Hearsay nga lang, dito malalaman at masusubukan ang galing ni Trillanes kung kaya nya pabagsakin si Duterte. Ito na naging trabaho niya eh. Ewan ko lng kung uubra siya ngayon.

#16 JakeC9

JakeC9

Voyeur

• (04) Casual
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:27 AM

Hindi totoo yan. Gusto lng crain Duterte admin.

#17 haroots2

haroots2

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3624 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:17 PM

Hearsay yan oh hindi me usok kaya alamin kung sunog na nga. Imbestigaan na ano mga ito santo na malinis di pwedeng maimbestiga me batas pwede nila pagtanggol mga sarili nila at mga utut nila. Matanda na mga yan alam ginagawa nila

Kaya nga matanda na sila, kaya alam na nila estilo ni Trillanes.  Kaya nga walang kumakagat. :D

Edited by haroots2, 18 August 2017 - 12:17 PM.

#18 Gwen Morales

Gwen Morales

In love with a Dragon

• Diyosa
  • 6526 posts
  • Interests:Kissing in the rain // star gazing // listening to your stories :)

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:12 PM

Yelo po me usok din.

Di lahat ng usok, sunog.

Minsan nga gawa gawang usok. Parang dry ice.

#19 AqUiL

AqUiL

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Interests:gigs with my new band. basketball, billiards, volleyball, darts, horseracing, beer drinking and macho dancing. hahaha

Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:05 AM

maraming may gustong mawala si faeldon sa BOC

dahil nawawalan ng delihensya ang mga buwaya sa

customs at mga pulitikong may mga ilegal ng gawain

kasabwat ang mga taga BOC. hindi kailangang

maging matalino para intindihin na gusto nila mawala

sa pwesto ang mga hadlang sa kanilang pinagkakakitaan

ng malaking pera. galawang trollanes lang hahaha

#20 jopoc

jopoc

MTC Oblation Runner

• Ambassador
  • 22067 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:54 PM

sarap magbasa ng palusot kung bakot pag anak ni digong hindi totoo

pero pag kalaban sa pulitika o dilawan, totoo na agad ang mga paratang.....

in 5 years time, iba nanaman ang ihip ng hangin dito... mga duterte naman ang guilty agad.... ang mga dilawan o kung sino man papalit sa kanila nanaman ang paninilwalaan.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DU30, BOC, Corruption, BOC Corruption scandal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users