Sports Cards Collectors

Fitzroy

Just wanna share a card that was recently sold for $14,999.00 in e-bay.. An american bought the card.. (hindi ako ha :P )This card features logoman patches from jerseys worn by Magic Johnson, Larry Bird and Michael Jordan.. and is numbered 1 of 1.. This card is sick.. :cool:

May arguments (sa Beckett.com - Message Board section nila) na mura lang nakuha itong card na ito.. For me, its kinda expensive.. I would rather get an autographed logoman patch at that price of all players..

Ito yung card (picture from e-bay).. If this was autographed, that would be the Bomb!!!

post-75683-1156241380.jpg

Just wanna share my recent pick-ups.. A Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf RC (his name at that time was Chris Jackson until he converted to Islam).. He is one of my favorite players that I have always admired but his cards were a few (inserts, RC lang ha not commons).. So ang hirap kumuha.. Plus the fact that when he came out I was only in High School.. $.20 cents lang ang card na ito.. Got it for 20 bucks.. Not very valuable but its certainly valuable to me.. :)

Also was able to buy several college cards of the 2006-2007 rookies.. Hindi sila considered as RCs but are good addition to an RC collection nonetheless.. Adam Morrison, JJ Reddick, Randy Foye, Tyrus Thomas, La Marcus Aldridge to name a few.. Meron pa ngang numbered to 500 nina Foye and Shelden Williams.. Good pick-up din coz these are almost 50-80 cards with inserts at 200 bucks lang.. I would estimate that the Foye and Williams are both way above the $10 range.. :P

Edited by revi

RARE (all hav card protectors)

Shareef Abdur Rahim rookie exclusive 1997 upperdeck (rare)

Shareef Abdur Rahim rookie rewind Fleer 97-98 (rare)

Shareef Abdur Rahim Zensation 1997 skybox Z force (rare)

Marcus Camby rookie exclusive 1997 upperdeck (rare)

Antonio McDyess Natural Born thriller 1996 Skybox (rare)

Antonio McDyess Rookie Roll Call 1995-96 Fleer Metal (Rare)

Stephon Marbury Gold Medallion Edition rookie card 1996-97 Fleer Ultra (rare)

ROOKIE CARDS

tim duncan rookie card 1997 skybox premium

Kobe Bryant rookie card 1997 skybox Z force

Allen Iverson Rookie Encore 1996-97 Fleer Ultra

Jason Kidd rookie card 1995 Skybox

Grant Hill All Rookie First Team 1995 Upperdeck

Kobe Bryant Rookie Card 1996-97 NBA Hoops

Glenn Robinson Rookie Card 1995 Skybox

Shareef Abdur Rahim Rookie Card 1996-97 Fleer Ultra

Ray Allen Rookie Card 1996-97 NBA Hoops (2pcs)

Jerry Stackhouse Rookie Card 1995-96 Fleer

Joe Smith Rookie Card 1996 Topps

Keith Van Horn Rookie card 1997 Skybox Premium

PM me if interested

for sale

As this is a rookie cards thread.. and the new boxes of cards are just around the corner.. Lemme ask some of you (who are into basketball cards) your thoughts on the up and coming rookies and their impact - not just in the game - but most importantly hobbywise.. Would there be a superstar in the making amongst the 2006 rookies?

Off the bat, I would assume that the hottest rookies would be Adam Morrison (the next Larry Bird daw), Randy Foye - he really showed his mettle in the summer league, Tyrus Thomas - being part of the Bulls, who have vastly improved would make you hot as his team is now considered a powerhouse in the East, and JJ Reddick..

Why, JJ Reddick? Well, he has tons of upside.. And his shooting touch is one of the most needed talents in the L now.. I do think that his performance in most games for Duke last year would translate to more minutes for the Magic and be part of the rotation.. I just hope JJ does not disappoint fans.. He disappointed a lot in the final games for Duke but let us see how he does in the bigger platform..

My real pick if I would choose is Randy Foye.. I was able to see him play in the summer league and he has a good consistent mid range jumpshot plus he is not too shabby in taking it strong to the hole.. Kevin Garnett will be glad Minny got him to help him.. Morrison's cards would be very hot at the on-set.. Sure ako dito.. Kaya mahirap kumuha ng mga autographed cards nito.. If he does really well for the Bobcats, expect his cards to soar in the price guide..

... with regards to my above post, I would just want to share that the first release of cards to feature the new RCs are here.. the 2006-07 Rookie Debut Basketball cards.. Was able to score some RCs of the mentioned release from an opened box, specifically of the ff:

1) Adam Morrison - two cards

2) Randy Foye - 2

3) Rudy Gay - 1

4) Patrick O Bryant - 1

5) Tyrus Thomas - 2

6) Saer Sene - 1

7) Brandon Roy - 3

.. and other not yet known rookies from the 06 draft.. This is a good deal considering a rookie card from the set is seeded at 1:3 packs.. that would be around 9 rookies per box.. I got around 15.. and a lot of them are the top 10 picks.. as you can see.. I estimate an Adam Morrison to be at around $10-15 at the least..

The opened box was part of an opened case.. A shop opened the case and just took the autographs.. In other words, kinuha ko ang basura nila.. at ang galing ng basura dahil ang gaganda ng mga rookie cards dun.. That was a steal of a deal!!! :cool:

... with regards to my above post, I would just want to share that the first release of cards to feature the new RCs are here.. the 2006-07 Rookie Debut Basketball cards.. Was able to score some RCs of the mentioned release from an opened box, specifically of the ff:

1) Adam Morrison - two cards

2) Randy Foye - 2

3) Rudy Gay - 1

4) Patrick O Bryant - 1

5) Tyrus Thomas - 2

6) Saer Sene - 1

7) Brandon Roy - 3

.. and other not yet known rookies from the 06 draft.. This is a good deal considering a rookie card from the set is seeded at 1:3 packs.. that would be around 9 rookies per box.. I got around 15.. and a lot of them are the top 10 picks.. as you can see.. I estimate an Adam Morrison to be at around $10-15 at the least..

The opened box was part of an opened case.. A shop opened the case and just took the autographs.. In other words, kinuha ko ang basura nila.. at ang galing ng basura dahil ang gaganda ng mga rookie cards dun.. That was a steal of a deal!!! :cool:

lupit ng collections mo dud, mukhang very knowlegable ka sa mga ganyan cards, may idea ka ba how much yung mga na post ko na cards in my earlier post?? or worthless? tnxs in advance dud

RARE (all hav card protectors)

Shareef Abdur Rahim rookie exclusive 1997 upperdeck (rare) --- $6

Shareef Abdur Rahim rookie rewind Fleer 97-98 (rare) --- $3

Shareef Abdur Rahim Zensation 1997 skybox Z force (rare) --- $5

Marcus Camby rookie exclusive 1997 upperdeck (rare) --- $2.50

Antonio McDyess Natural Born thriller 1996 Skybox (rare) --- $12.00

Antonio McDyess Rookie Roll Call 1995-96 Fleer Metal (Rare) --- $2.50

Stephon Marbury Gold Medallion Edition rookie card 1996-97 Fleer Ultra (rare) --- $12.50

ROOKIE CARDS

tim duncan rookie card 1997 skybox premium --- $4

Kobe Bryant rookie card 1997 skybox Z force --- $12

Allen Iverson Rookie Encore 1996-97 Fleer Ultra

Jason Kidd rookie card 1995 Skybox

Grant Hill All Rookie First Team 1995 Upperdeck

Kobe Bryant Rookie Card 1996-97 NBA Hoops --- $10

Shareef Abdur Rahim Rookie Card 1996-97 Fleer Ultra

Ray Allen Rookie Card 1996-97 NBA Hoops (2pcs)

Jerry Stackhouse Rookie Card 1995-96 Fleer

Joe Smith Rookie Card 1996 Topps

Keith Van Horn Rookie card 1997 Skybox Premium

As you requested, I have listed (see above) the prices of some of your cards.. Can't find the AI Rookie Encore but that would be at around $5-6.. Yung iba mo.. Glenn Rob, Keith Van Horn, Stackhouse, Shareef, Grant Hill, Joe Smith would be at around $2-5, depends on the player..

lupit ng collections mo dud, mukhang very knowlegable ka sa mga ganyan cards, may idea ka ba how much yung mga na post ko na cards in my earlier post?? or worthless? tnxs in advance dud

Thanks dude.. Been collecting since 1994.. and I haven't stopped.. I collect heavily on RCs..

Hindi worthless ang mga cards mo.. The Kobe rookie cards can still sell at Php150 to Php200.00.. Kaso yung mga McDyess na Natural Born Thrillers kahit may presyo mababa na lang ang mga yan.. siguro around Php100 here.. Kobe as you know is still a hot commodity.. Allen Iverson and Tim Duncan still sell.. But Van Horn, Joe Smith, Shareef, Hill.. Wala ng masyadong activity ang kanilang mga cards.. Mga autographs (authenticated) na lang nila ang kahit papaano ay may bumibili..

I dunno if I disappointed you in anyway dude, but your cards are not definitely gold mines but can still be sold.. Tyagaan lang.. Hindi kasi rare ang RCs sa Ultra, Upper Deck, Fleer eh.. Ang hinahanap during the time of Stackhouse/Garnett to Duncan/Van Horn seasons are RCs from brands like Topps Finest, Topps Chrome, Bowmans Best, SP Authentic, EX-L, Ultra (but only sa Duncan RC).. Case in point, the Topps Chrome RC of Kobe still fetches $225.00 sa beckett.. :P

Edited by revi
As you requested, I have listed (see above) the prices of some of your cards.. Can't find the AI Rookie Encore but that would be at around $5-6.. Yung iba mo.. Glenn Rob, Keith Van Horn, Stackhouse, Shareef, Grant Hill, Joe Smith would be at around $2-5, depends on the player..

Thanks dude.. Been collecting since 1994.. and I haven't stopped.. I collect heavily on RCs..

Hindi worthless ang mga cards mo.. The Kobe rookie cards can still sell at Php150 to Php200.00.. Kaso yung mga McDyess na Natural Born Thrillers kahit may presyo mababa na lang ang mga yan.. siguro around Php100 here.. Kobe as you know is still a hot commodity.. Allen Iverson and Tim Duncan still sell.. But Van Horn, Joe Smith, Shareef, Hill.. Wala ng masyadong activity ang kanilang mga cards.. Mga autographs (authenticated) na lang nila ang kahit papaano ay may bumibili..

I dunno if I disappointed you in anyway dude, but your cards are not definitely gold mines but can still be sold.. Tyagaan lang.. Hindi kasi rare ang RCs sa Ultra, Upper Deck, Fleer eh.. Ang hinahanap during the time of Stackhouse/Garnett to Duncan/Van Horn seasons are RCs from brands like Topps Finest, Topps Chrome, Bowmans Best, SP Authentic, EX-L, Ultra (but only sa Duncan RC).. Case in point, the Topps Chrome RC of Kobe still fetches 225.00 sa beckett.. :P

tenks dud, meron din ako few jordans na bonus card pero ndi ko nalagay sa card protector eh, meron ka ba kilala na gus2 bumili kahit half the price nalang lahat, tambak lang kasi sa haus eh sayang lang hehe, bka gus2 mo? name ur price hehe

tenks dud, meron din ako few jordans na bonus card pero ndi ko nalagay sa card protector eh, meron ka ba kilala na gus2 bumili kahit half the price nalang lahat, tambak lang kasi sa haus eh sayang lang hehe, bka gus2 mo? name ur price hehe

Meron na kasi ako nung mga Kobe mo eh.. I also have the Duncan RC that you have.. I will try to ask around.. but do not keep you hopes too high.. Mahirap kasi dahil ang bulk ng list mo ay Rahim eh.. Rahim's cards have really gone down since he has been considered na malas sa isang team.. From Vancouver to Atlanta to Portland up to the Kings.. Even si McDyess.. Since his disappointing seasons with Denver bumaba na ang mga cards niya..

As I have said ang hot nowadays ay autographed cards.. Inserts haven't been very hot since the jerseys and autographs from upperdeck came out..

Ei peeps, just wanna share a card that I got recently from e-bay.. $27.50 ko lang ito nakuha.. Cheap mga dre.. Php1,500.00 lang.. This is a 2005-06 UpperDeck Exquisite Extra Jersey of Tim Duncan.. Here is the pic of the card.. Just won it a few mins. ago..

post-75683-1157099950.jpg

I know this is an NBA rookie card thread but.. (I think my latest purchase is worth mentioning here)..

..just wanna share my latest pick up from e-bay.. A GAI authenticated card of Wilt Chamberlain.. BTW, GAI is one of a few companies who are considered as one of the accepted companies who authenticate autographs and grade cards..

The card is not inserted in packs but were distributed before for a selected few.. Wala ka ng makita nito sa net.. sobrang bihira dahil sobrang hirap ng maghanap ng card na ito.. It has no price (unpriced) but it is certainly less than the $1,500 mark (the price of the two listed/priced Wilt autographs).. Around $300 ito nag-e-end sa e-bay..

Got it for $242.00.. Yup.. really splurged on this one but I do think its worth it.. Coz the autographs of Wilt that come out of packs would cost you Php70-75K.. At least ito less than 15K.. Just won the card earlier today.. Might be able to get the card by next Friday or Friday next next week.. Just look at the scans.. Sweet!!! Finally my own autographed card of the late Wilt "the Stilt" Chamberlain..

post-75683-1157120169.jpg

Meron na kasi ako nung mga Kobe mo eh.. I also have the Duncan RC that you have.. I will try to ask around.. but do not keep you hopes too high.. Mahirap kasi dahil ang bulk ng list mo ay Rahim eh.. Rahim's cards have really gone down since he has been considered na malas sa isang team.. From Vancouver to Atlanta to Portland up to the Kings.. Even si McDyess.. Since his disappointing seasons with Denver bumaba na ang mga cards niya..

As I have said ang hot nowadays ay autographed cards.. Inserts haven't been very hot since the jerseys and autographs from upperdeck came out..

Ei peeps, just wanna share a card that I got recently from e-bay.. $27.50 ko lang ito nakuha.. Cheap mga dre.. Php1,500.00 lang.. This is a 2005-06 UpperDeck Exquisite Extra Jersey of Tim Duncan.. Here is the pic of the card.. Just won it a few mins. ago..

np dud, basta let me know jus in case, tenks dud :thumbsupsmiley:

Been browsing through e-bay tonight.. And I kept in close touch with a Raymond Felton rookie card --- Upper Deck Exquisite #d to 99.. Just for conversation purposes I want to share to you that this card's auction ended at $735.59 (approximately Php39K++).. An american won the item.. Grabe ano? Just imagine how much a Chris Paul (the current rookie of the year) would end..

Ganito na ka-grabe ang presyo ng mga rookie cards nowadays.. It is so hard to complete the whole RC selection of the new rookies because of the Exquisite Brand.. Sobrang mag-splu-splurge ka talaga ng pera just to complete the RC set of a certain rookie.. Hindi na kamukha noon ano? Buti na lang my player (Tim Duncan) came in earlier --- mas madali pang makompleto ang RCs noon kahit meron pang mga high end products like Topps Chrome and Finest.. Grabe kasi ang isang pack ng Exquisite eh.. $700 na tumataginting..

This is the Raymond Felton Rookie card from UD Exquisite.. it features an autograph of the player and a game worn patch.. BTW, Raymond Felton is one of my bets to make a successful stride in the NBA after a not so great rookie year.. :rolleyes:

post-75683-1157310339.jpg

I am assuming that all readers of this thread are NBA/basketball followers.. We all know that Greece defeated the US Team in recently concluded FIBA World Championships.. A Greek by the name of Sofoklis Schortsanitis was a force inside and made the US Team crumble with his energy..

Well, magtaka kayo.. I have a rookie card of the Greek Baby Shaq (as he is fondly called).. It is an SP Game Used Authentic Rookies #d to 999.. He is number 140 in the set.. $12 din ang price niya.. When I saw him play.. Naalala ko bigla na mayroon akong card nito na nakatambak sa isang box of cards ko.. Found it.. Still in mint condition dahil may penny sleeve protector.. hehehe!!! Buti na lang I keep all RCs that I get.. :)

Have you ever seen an autographed card of Michael Jordan with a swatch of his jersey and numbered 1 of 1? Yup.. Only one in the whole world.. Was able to see one in e-bay and is being sold at a "buy it now" of $15,000.00.. Around Php750,000..

This is an Upper Deck SPX Flashback Fabrics.. Hand numbered to 1/1.. Sweet card.. Kasing mahal na ng kotse.. :P

post-75683-1157523909.jpg

Have you ever seen an autographed card of Michael Jordan with a swatch of his jersey and numbered 1 of 1? Yup.. Only one in the whole world.. Was able to see one in e-bay and is being sold at a "buy it now" of $15,000.00.. Around Php750,000..

This is an Upper Deck SPX Flashback Fabrics.. Hand numbered to 1/1.. Sweet card.. Kasing mahal na ng kotse.. :P

revi,those cards you featured are awesome cards. but $15,000 is way too much for a basketball card; only rich peeps who would want it for bragging rights or extreme jordan fans would buy something like that. i admire your expertise dude.

i used to collect inthe mid 90s (early NBA Hoops,first editions of Upper Deck,etc) but the prices of packs skyrocketed so i stopped.

revi,those cards you featured are awesome cards. but $15,000 is way too much for a basketball card; only rich peeps who would want it for bragging rights or extreme jordan fans would buy something like that. i admire your expertise dude.

i used to collect inthe mid 90s (early NBA Hoops,first editions of Upper Deck,etc) but the prices of packs skyrocketed so i stopped.

Thanks for admiring my "so-called" expertise.. hehehe!!! At least somebody admires it.. :P

You might get surprised dude that there are people who would buy cards amounting to that.. even in the Philippines there are extreme collectors who buy cards in the 70K to 500K marks.. I remember before (that was around 1999) that 5-10 Filipinos opened the Michael Jordan Master Collection which was retailing at around Php200K yata.. Its sure to give you an autographed card of MJ but still that's too much even for me.. But there are collectors here who would even go to Germany just to buy a 1 of 1 Jordan that amounted to close to Php1M.. Rich folks? Yup dude, you can say that over and over again.. hehehe!

I have also stopped buying and busting boxes and packs since 2001.. Sobrang mahal na talaga.. But I have to tell you that one guy opens Php50M worth of cards per year.. and sells them off in e-bay or in his store.. Sabi niya kumikita daw siya.. I have my doubts.. coz he keeps the real good ones.. his collection is mostly Jordans and Lebrons.. Sa kaniya ako bumibili either through e-bay or through his store.. Just this year he has opened 25 cases of Upper Deck Exquisite collection which is USD700 per pack (yeah! around 40K dito sa tin).. 4 packs per case.. Do the math, dude.. that is around USD70,000.00.. Grabe? U can't believe it? Believe it dude.. Coz its true..

Americans have posted this story in the Beckett Message boards.. and apparently, they can't believe it themselves.. that a Filipino (from a third world country) would be able to open those many cards.. :cool: Pahiya sila!!!! hehehe!!! :lol:

Edited by revi

Pushing this thread up..

Latest purchase on e-bay.. this is a Luke Walton SPX Autographed Rookie Card with a swatch of his game-worn jersey.. Got it for just $9.50.. Retailing at $30 in Beckett.. Great card to add to my Rookie collection.. Its nice to buy nowadays coz its off-season.. Recently won an Ike Diogu SP Authentic RC Autographed as well..

Here's the Luke Walton rookie card that I just won..

post-75683-1158086787.jpg

... great day I had yesterday ... Just wanna share..

Was able to score premium rookie cards of the newest rookies from Upper Deck Reflections.. Got 14 cards for 100 bucks each.. To name a few Lottery Picks: Adam Morrison, Rudy Gay, Randy Foye, Bragnani, Lamarcus Aldridge, Tyrus Thomas.. all numbered 799 or less.. some are even numbered below the 300 mark..

The Morrison alone might fetch $20-25 dollars already when the new issue of Beckett comes in.. I also have a JJ Reddick that can go up to as much as $10-15.. Great buy for and cheap price for my RC NBA collection..

BTW, also got some autographs of several RCs like Shelden Williams, Patrick O Bryant, Quincy Douby and Steve Novak.. Php300 each sina Douby and Novak.. The Williams is around 800 while OBryant is at 400.. Not bad huh? :cool:

Below is a card I really want to own.. Its a Star Ruby Skybox Premium RC (and is numbered only 50) of Tim Duncan and is priced at $300.. Haven't seen a Filipino trader or seller owning a card.. Found it in e-bay today and the item would come from Taiwan.. Takot akong mag-bid kung paypal or money transfer ang mode of payment.. Ang gusto ko pick-up.. Kaya eto na naman.. I would now just start drooling on this card.. Hanggang drool na lang tayo.. :)

post-75683-1158341402.jpg

rev may alam ka ba nagbebenta ng psa 10 o bgs 9.5 -10 na topps chrome rc ni kobe at AI gusto ko sana bumili, gusto ko kasi mga key RC ng marquee players na graded. at mataas padin ba price ng mga gem mint RC ng PSA at bgs o bagsak na presyo from compared dating prices

rev may alam ka ba nagbebenta ng psa 10 o bgs 9.5 -10 na topps chrome rc ni kobe at AI gusto ko sana bumili, gusto ko kasi mga key RC ng marquee players na graded. at mataas padin ba price ng mga gem mint RC ng PSA at bgs o bagsak na presyo from compared dating prices

9.5 to 10 are all Gem Mint pare.. So, highest ito in terms of pricing at grades of PSA or BGS.. An Allen Iverson Topps Chrome RC has a HI price of $200 in Beckett.. While Kobe's Topps Chrome RC is at $650 HI..

I was offered a Tim Duncan Topps Chrome RC BGS 9.5 (Gem Mt) - BV of $120.00.. Ang multiplier ay 40.. So Php4,800.00.. I passed coz I wanted a Pristine 10.. Kahit full book pa.. at least pristine..

In this sense, Kobe and AI's Topps Chromes might fetch you a high price.. Kung si Duncan multiplier ay 40.. I do think full book sina Kobe and AI.. Which is times 50 of the dollar price.. Maybe yung kay AI ma-ha-haggle mo pa na ibaba ang price but definitely si Kobe - mataas ang bentahan.. Nasa 30K yang Kobe if ever..

I think I know someone who has a Topps Chrome graded Kobe and AI and is selling it.. But I am not sure.. But yknow, hindi masyadong mahirap maghanap ng 1996 Topps Chrome RCs dito sa atin.. Case in point, I have an ungraded Topps Chrome RC of Kobe.. Meron sa tingin ko talaga kung ipapahanap kita sa mga ka-kilala ko.. I will try to ask around.. Hope you are willing to spend some of your savings..

Edited by revi

rev interested ko kung may available na kobe o AI chrome na bgs o psa gem mint o pristine paki pm nalang sakin price kung dito sa pinas hirap kasi pag sa ebay bumili baka damaged ipadalang card, graded RC nalang kasi gusto ko collect ngayon, by the way sa robinsons galleria pa ba nag trade lage mga hobbiest o virra mall na ulit pag weekends?, grabe na pala laki ng binababa ng sports cards ngayon naabutan ko pa dati na $3000 at $1000 yung graded gem mint na bgs o psa chrome rc ni kobe at AI kaya di ko mabili eh, hindi din pala maganda investment collection lang talaga

Edited by kupalking