The PLDT Complaint Thread

umd

A couple of months ago, our phone lines went dead and we had no telephone line for nearly a month. We were told that it had somethjing to do with a problem in their "switch cabinet" or something like that. When the line was restored, our phone bill arrived about a week later and, lo and behold, they were charging us even for the time when we had no line... :huh:

We contested it, of course, but nobody seemed willing to admit the problem, not customer (dis)service, not the business center, not the technical staff or anyone in PLDT. We haggled for a discount at least proportionate to the time when our lines were down. No dice. :angry:

Our line was cut and some smart aleck suggested we re-apply using a different name.. Now, how about that? :sick:

agree...MyDSL sucks...in a span of 2 years, mga 7-8 times nang nag-down yung connection ko...what sucks is that it takes 3 calls to their customer service department before they actually send someone over to change your modem or reconfigure your settings or whatnot...sana may direct line na lang sa tech support nila so I won't have to deal with those customer service representatives...

agree...MyDSL sucks...in a span of 2 years, mga 7-8 times nang nag-down yung connection ko...what sucks is that it takes 3 calls to their customer service department before they actually send someone over to change your modem or reconfigure your settings or whatnot...sana may direct line na lang sa tech support nila so I won't have to deal with those customer service representatives...

i guess you are not the only one experiencing this problem. i too have not had a day wherein my dsl either has no link or if there is a link its either very slow or not responding. during one of the times the repairman went to our place, i took time to ask him the nature of the problem we are encountering. in our short conversation, i found out that there are two networks handling the dsl internet service of pldt. one is alcatel and the other is nortel. as to why there is a problemat in dsl line, each dsl port can handle around 8 subscriber which share the bandwidth. if for example you are grouped in a port where there is a very big subscriber, then it will eat up the bandwidth allocated in the port causing all the other user's dsl service to go bonkers. this is futher aggravated by the fact that there is probably no system in assigning the port so there is always a chance that any of us can be grouped with a very big user. this may explain why my dsl service is usually cut from 9:30 am up to 12 midnight because i was probably assigned to a port where there is a big user.

i hope this can explain some of the problems that we have. feel free to comment on my post!

in addition to my earlier post, when i was assigned to the alcatel network, i have probems keeping my dsl connection active. there are certain days that i cannot hook-up with the system. my best speed is around 172 kbps which is less than 50% of the 384 kbps being promoted by pldt. due to incessant complaining, they shifted my connection to the nortel network. its been 7 days since i was transferred, now my connection speed is faster (first time i got 770 kbps) than before. but still there are times when i cant even log on to the network. :thumbsdownsmiley:

The trick to this, is to file an official complaint, in writing, with a receive letter, directly to their business office.

I do this everytime there is a problem with my phones or with the DSL connection. At first they didn't take it too seriously, but after my lawyer filed a suit against them, they learned to respond very fast when I complain about my phone lines.

my connection speed is suppose to be up to 384 but I only get 191 and a lot of "we will check your line sir" from PLDT, very unprofessional. B)

sir,

did you ask before you applied your DSL kung yung 384 eh guaranteed speed or burst speed lang? at kung ano ang CIR(Commited information Rate) para sa 384 DSL nyo?

thanks

sir,

did you ask before you applied your DSL kung yung 384 eh guaranteed speed or burst speed lang? at kung ano ang CIR(Commited information Rate) para sa 384 DSL nyo?

thanks

for your info the standard CIR is 80% of the guaranteed speed. so that 384 should have a minimum speed of 307 at any given time. you can ask the pldt dsl hotline 172 about this info

for your info the standard CIR is 80% of the guaranteed speed. so that 384 should have a minimum speed of 307 at any given time. you can ask the pldt dsl hotline 172 about this info

Sir are you sure about this? I will try to get the email on the advisory regarding the CIR on every DSL package and i could forward it to you if i could still find it. Or you can double check it again on business centers of PLDT

Edited by SPO1

You could be correct on that, but the thing is ADSL connection (if I am not mistaken all providers) does not provide a Guaranteed CIR., what are being advertise for DSL's and same for dial-ups are only the maximum burst you could get.

As I have pointed out in other related threads, ADSL subscribers are shared bandwith, especially if you have a dynamic I.P.

If you really want fast service, better get a SDSL service (not sure who are offering aside from one I know but got a lousy outside plant facilities) and specify for a guaranteed C.I.R. Or Subscribe to a dedicated bandwith if you can afford it.`

my landline has been down for the past 10 months and pldt still CHARGES me every month.

pucha.

Write a letter of complaint, make sure you have a received copy signed and dated, do it again once or twice, then have your lawyers do the talking. :boo:

I'm an avid user of WiFi in those starbucks and seattle's best coffee shops and I think it's ok. Now here comes PLDT Weroam which promises wireless internet access anywhere anytime.  Have any of you tried this service?  How is it compared to WiFi in terms of speed and ease of access?

When you subscribe yo Weroam, you have to ways of connecting to the internet... if you are in one of the 300 WIFI hotspots, you can connect to through WIFI. You are given a user ID and password upon subscription. When you're not in a hotspot, you can use GPRS, which is very slow, slower than dial-up speed, in my experience. You can use GPRS anywhere as long as there's a SMART signal.

been two weeks now and PLDT has failed to send a technician to replace/fix my modem...puro follow-up phone calls lang...wala talagang kwenta!!!

If it's just calls, they won't really speed up the service, go to one of their business centers with a written complaint (in duplicate for a received copy mind you). Do it twice, then ask a lawyer to do the third follow up, does wonders. :thumbsupsmiley:

If it's just calls, they won't really speed up the service, go to one of their business centers with a written complaint (in duplicate for a received copy mind you). Do it twice, then ask a lawyer to do the third follow up, does wonders. :thumbsupsmiley:

better yet, just write a letter to the public forum in any major newspaper so that the issue will be publicized. if you want to push it further, write a letter of complaint to the department of trade and industry copy furnished the NTC. i believe that would speed up the service :thumbsdownsmiley:

• 3 weeks later...

Cant complain with the speed..slighty faster than dial up..twice i would say..and best of all..its free.Talkin about perks from my work hahaha

one thing,dont mess up the config and profile and stuff..if you have problem with it..i am just a pm away

grabe ...talagang napaka #$% ng pldt na yan sa office namin 2 weeks ng walang connection ng dsl sabi papauntahin daw tao, sira daw network...kanina nakareceive ako ng return fax ko sa kanila tapos nakallagay basta inaayos daw nila pero indefinite pa....panu na negosyo nain sabi ko wala ba alternative ang sagot basta followup daw nila...wala daw sila magagawa....@!#$@ sila naluluge na negosyo namin...

Hey guys i want to share my experiece bout PLDT.....

Meron kaming internet cafe... eh yun internet namin laging nagloloko minsan wala minsan meron minsan ubod ng bagal many of our clients complaining about that.. sabi ng technician nila palitan daw router nagpalit kami ng router ikinabit nya then ganun pa rin then we found out na mali pala yun connection nya ng router sa dsl modem at network hub...then 2mawag uli kami sa hotline nila sabi ire-report daw at papupuntahin na technician pero after 2 months ni anino ng technician walang pumunta so tawag uli kami ganun n nman sinabi ire-report daw sa sobrang inis ba, sinigawan ko na then nagulat ata sabi cge pupunta n dyan ngayon lumubog na si araw wala pa rin yun technician 2mawag uli kami sabi ire-report daw uli namputsa...di nmin magamit ng maayos ang internet dahil walang service na dumarating pero ang bill nila always on time pero on time din kami magbayad tinatawagan pa kami na bayaran na agad sinigawan ko na dyan kayo magaling nasan na service nyo wala pa rin... lugi na kami wala pa rin nag-aayos ng internet namin. di kami makapag inquire sa digitel kasi may contract pa sa pldt.

bakit kaya ganyan yan sila.....pag tatawag sa hotline nila puro sasabihin ire-report at pupunta na technician pero wala nman napunta. puti na mata namin sa kahihintay wala pa rin..

dude everytime you complain get a tracking number so you would know and follow up that number. now if it still happens or nothing happens you should escalte it to the customer service head. remember if you are an irate customer that would be the time that they will make action. always get the name of the person you are calling. or even ask for an account manager so there is someone who is always monitoring your account. i am also an account manager with a different telco. so i know the proccess.

good luck. cheers!

dude everytime you complain get a tracking number so you would know and follow up that number. now if it still happens or nothing happens you should escalte it to the customer service head. remember if you are an irate customer that would be the time that they will make action. always get the name of the person you are calling. or even ask for an account manager so there is someone who is always monitoring your account. i am also an account manager with a different telco. so i know the proccess.

good luck. cheers!

last call namin kahapon sabi may naka-assign n daw technician at pupunta na daw pero lumubog na yun araw at sumikat uli wala pa rin yun mga damuho na yun,,,,nung una nagpunta dito gusto may lagay pa may bayad pa....btw, thanks dude.