A year ago I've been a full-time faculty for a couple of years in the Petroleum Engineering Department of a certain state university in the Philippines. Most of my students are in 4th and 5th year college levels. Now I am practicing my profession as a Petroleum Engineer in an Oil & Gas Exploration/Production Company and at the same, still a part-faculty in the same department of the same university.

I teached quite a lot of subjects when I was still a full-time faculty because there are only few engineers like us in the department. Here are the subjects I was able to teached.

Drilling Engineering and Technology (Still teaching as part-time faculty)

Production Engineering and Technology (Still teaching as part-time faculty)

Enhanced Oil Recovery Systems

Well Technology

Applied Geology and Geophysics

Reservoir Management

Numerical Methods for Petroleum Engineers

Thermodynamics

Fluid Mechanics

Advanced Engineering Mathematics

Engineering Materials

Strength of Materials

A year ago I've been a full-time faculty for a couple of years in the Petroleum Engineering Department of a certain state university in the Philippines. Most of my students are in 4th and 5th year college levels. Now I am practicing my profession as a Petroleum Engineer in an Oil & Gas Exploration/Production Company and at the same, still a part-faculty in the same department of the same university.

I teached quite a lot of subjects when I was still a full-time faculty because there are only few engineers like us in the department. Here are the subjects I was able to teached.

Drilling Engineering and Technology (Still teaching as part-time faculty)

Production Engineering and Technology (Still teaching as part-time faculty)

Enhanced Oil Recovery Systems

Well Technology

Applied Geology and Geophysics

Reservoir Management

Numerical Methods for Petroleum Engineers

Thermodynamics

Fluid Mechanics

Advanced Engineering Mathematics

Engineering Materials

Strength of Materials

Before i forgot i also use the internet specially now that i am part time faculty. Through emails i can provide my students lecture materials, course works and exams. I even use the email to show them their scores and grades in the exams.

Guest Gelli®

i used to be a teacher. (website design, etc.). sobrang bait ko yata kaya di magaling na teacher. :P

but all i can say is that i am a better student than i was a teacher.

i am continuosly learning still. and loving it. (ITIL training next week).

I used to teach, but sobrang kulit ng mga bata, di ko na kaya.

Pare sinabi mo pa! I've taught in three different private schools 2 of them were chinese schools and grabe talaga ang kabataan ngayon. Pag pinagalitan mo ang mga bata ngayon sa halip na mag apologize lumalaban pa! I already got fed up with teaching too pero I still apply in schools kasai wlang gustong kumuha sa kin sa ibang fields eh.

• 4 months later...

reaction egineering

thermodynamics

physical chemistry

stoichiometry

math from algebra to adv engg math

marami pa...chemistry, physics bwahahhahaha

nosebleed subjects :thumbsdownsmiley:

p.e. teacher in bball

love teaching but moved a different path

Before way back 1995 i used to be a part-time instructor in the high school and college (computer science) department at Perpetual Help College of Laguna (Dbase III, BAIC Programming, Turbo C++ and MS Windows, Word and Excel) :evil: and full-time instructor at the Institute of Mathematical Sciences and Physics of a famous university in Laguna :thumbsupsmiley: . I used to teach Math 11, Math 14, Math 17 and Math 36. Kaya lang you have to study masteral kaya yun nung napagod na ko mag-aral :angry: eh lumipat ako from academe to real world.... :cool:

Yes, I am a part time teacher.

I teach Business Law 1 (The Law on Obligations and Contracts).

Yes I use the internet. I make it a point to ask my students to make a yahoogroups, so I can post important stuff there. I also post some of my lectures there so they can just print it out. As regards the fulfillment, it is indeed very fulfilling. One of the best comments I got from my students was when one approached me after class and told me that I inspired him to take up law after college. He was one of my best students.

I also teach English to Koreans. The pay is better but in terms of my satisfaction, I'd rather teach oblicon than english.

Edited by 13cent

I have been teaching for eight years now... on and off... depending on the level of urgency for money...

I have taught in preschool and grade school. (4 years)

I have been doing trainings for basic computer literacy, Office applications, graphics and Flash animation. (2 years)

Currently, doing teacher training as resource speaker all over the country since I am also an author of textbooks of a big publishing house. (8 years)

I teach College Subjects

Biology

Zoology

Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy

Histology

Invertebrate Zoology

Marine Biology

Embryology

Genetics

Botany I & II

Plant Morphology

Chemistry

Inorganic Chem

Organic Chem

Biochemistry

STS

Anatomy and Physiology

Medical Transcription

now i have my own training center

but its all vocational programs like call center training, medical transcription, caregiver training

• 2 weeks later...

I used to be a full time college instructor handling students on their 2nd to 4th year. Now working part time. I teach major subjects related to my profession... that also includes teaching sa field and area, not just classroom instruction. And yes, I do use the internet in teaching. All of my lectures are in PowerPoint too.

I am also a teacher... A college instructor... and yes the temptations of having to see your students wearing those mini-skirts and "accidentally" seeing whats beyond the skirt... Oh well the perks and the jerks of being an instructor... The temptation... the likes of "Ms. kwatro o kwarto?" or "69 na grade o 69 na position?"

Oh the Temptation.... the Temptartion... :thumbsupsmiley:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just a quick query to all of you guys.

Have you ever encountered a student asking for, well, a "reconsideration"

Y'all know what I mean.

Did you go for their proposals?

I'm just curious...

Yeah I was teaching med tech subjects then a very pretty student of mine was asking if she be given a special project to improve her scholastic standing. Whether that special project she is asking is a "date" or "motel experience" or "paperwork" I dont really care. I turned her down. Gladly she barely passed my subject naman eh.

Just a quick query to all of you guys.

Have you ever encountered a student asking for, well, a "reconsideration"

Y'all know what I mean.

Did you go for their proposals?

I'm just curious...

yes, particularly during my first year of teaching

though once i established myself as a no consideration prof, very few dared :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...