Any Metalheads Here In Mtc?

Immortal666

They reformed. They first got to back together in 2001 to play for the Thrash of the Titans benefit gig in San Francisco. Since then they started gigging and an idea was hatched to create new material and make a new album. The product of which is called "the Art of Dying". The original singer, Mark Osugueda is still around. The only original member who left was the bass player, I forgot his name - it's either Gus or Dennis Pepa. Rumors has it that he is now based here in the Philippines but he is adamant in not talking about his days with Death Angel.

Anyway, if you caught the show, you probably heard the new Death Angel song called "Thrown to the Wolves" from the aformentioned album. It's quite good. It's a fast song with polished production. Not as thrash sounding as before though.

Sorry bro di na napuna yung reply mo, Ive already inquired if they got cd's of Labyrinth, The Gathering, Lacuna Coil, Theatre of Tragedy and Therion, di kasi complete yung collectin ko ng cd's ng mga bands na ito. It's good to know that DA (as they are fondly called back in the late 80's and early 90's) has reformed still got some posters of this band along with some other bands that i got from some metal magazines then.

Just had to make a comment... I tuned in to Metal Madness last friday while driking booze, eating pulutan and playing billiards with friends. It was awesome :boo:

Here's hoping it will become a once a week special. Waiting for the last friday of each month is too long. More power B)

Edited by inosente_ako
Just had to make a comment... I tuned in to Metal Madness last friday while driking booze, eating pulutan and playing billiards with friends. It was awesome :boo:

Here's hoping it will become a once a week special. Waiting for the last friday of each month is too long. More power B)

Thanks for enjoying the show! We had fun doing it too. Can't wait for the next episode. We've already selected the songs and we have two guest bands, Fuseboxx and Faster Than Satan scheduled to appear.

With regard to having Metal Madness more frequently, I couldn't agree more! However, once a week would be too much for us doing it (me, Mr. SLH, Dylan is an exception coz she works at NU) since we have day jobs with days off that don't fall on weekends. What we think would be ideal is to have it every 2 weeks for three hours on a Friday night. That would rule! So, if you like the show so much and want to hear it more often, pester NU 107 to make us twice a month! The fastest way to do this is by sending NU text messages thru their text jock.

If you want to join the yahoogroups of Metal Madness and receive updates, send us requests and feedback and have some worthwhile communication with our fellow metal brothers, pm me your email address so I can invite you.

Sorry bro di na napuna yung reply mo, Ive already inquired if they got cd's of Labyrinth, The Gathering, Lacuna Coil, Theatre of Tragedy and Therion, di kasi complete yung collectin ko ng cd's ng mga bands na ito. It's good to know that DA (as they are fondly called back in the late 80's and early 90's) has reformed still got some posters of this band along with some other bands that i got from some metal magazines then.

That's alright dude! Did you notice that Lacuna Coil's most recent album, "Comalies" has been released locally? It's sold for 450 pesos and it's a proper local release as Vicor (which is not a usual local distributor of foriegn releases) is distributing it locally. I got it a week ago and I love it! Cristina Scabbia's voice is haunting and she is drop dead gorgeous too! Medyo corny nga lang ang pag-market sa Lacuna Coil as they're being lumped in the same category as Evanessence. In fact, there's a sticker on the CD (not in my copy though) which says "Lacuna Coil - sounds like Evanessence, but rocks harder!" Ha, ha! Ang corny!

Yeah, it's cool to know that DA is back. I just might order their new album soon.

I'm waiting for my order from MetalDisc to arrive. I ordered Exodus' latest and Maiden's 7th son cd.

Lacuna Coil & Evanescence should not be compared. Lacuna Coil is goth while Evanescence belongs to one of those nu metal groups w/ a female vocalist.

Exactly my point. The problem with the mainstream music industry is that is being run by business-people out to make a quick buck instead of music-people who are out to develop bands anad artists to create great music. I'm pretty sure the reason Lacuna Coil's cd was released locally was due to Evanessence's popularity. The mindset of the people behind the music labels is, "Band X is very popular right now, let's look for an almost similar sounding band which almost has the same image, and market them as the next Band X." That's why nu metal/rap metal propagated itself. It wasn't because of the bands. It was because of the music industry. Rap metal bands didn't get signed because they were good or had talent. They got signed because the music industry wanted to feed MTV and the mainstream audience more Korn/Limp Bizkit bands which were popular back then. Let's just hope that the female fronted goth-lite band image doesn't get too popular.

Here's a good example of how clueless record label bigwigs are about music. I was with a friend and we visited the A&R of of one of the local record labels. The A&R of that label introduced us to his boss, the Record label manager. He introduced my friend as having a new wave band. The record lable manager responds by saying, "Ah talaga? Bumabalik na talaga ang new wave no? Yung mga tipong Earth, Wind and Fire."

That's alright dude! Did you notice that Lacuna Coil's most recent album, "Comalies" has been released locally? It's sold for 450 pesos and it's a proper local release as Vicor (which is not a usual local distributor of foriegn releases) is distributing it locally. I got it a week ago and I love it! Cristina Scabbia's voice is haunting and she is drop dead gorgeous too! Medyo corny nga lang ang pag-market sa Lacuna Coil as they're being lumped in the same category as Evanessence. In fact, there's a sticker on the CD (not in my copy though) which says "Lacuna Coil - sounds like Evanessence, but rocks harder!" Ha, ha! Ang corny!

Yeah, it's cool to know that DA is back. I just might order their new album soon.

I'm waiting for my order from MetalDisc to arrive. I ordered Exodus' latest and Maiden's 7th son cd.

Yes I notice that Lacuna Coil's Comalies cd is locally available but I just cant stand the comparison between them and Evanescence. It's a nice cd to be really locally and I hope that Vicor would release their back catalogues. I read this article about The Gathering getting more exposure or breaks or whatever what with the "success" of Evanescence, for me there's really no point in comparing Evenescence with The Gathering, Lacuna Coil or any other real gothic/atmospheric metal underground band that's been around much longer than them. Evenescence music has a new metal feel to it so it just cannot be compared to the two aforementioned bands or any other real gothic metal band let's put aside the fact that Cristina Scabbia and Anneke Van Giersbergen are more charming than Amy Lee. :rolleyes:

The mindset of the people behind the music labels is, "Band X is very popular right now, let's look for an almost similar sounding band which almost has the same image, and market them as the next Band X." That's why nu metal/rap metal propagated itself. It wasn't because of the bands. It was because of the music industry. Rap metal bands didn't get signed because they were good or had talent. They got signed because the music industry wanted to feed MTV and the mainstream audience more Korn/Limp Bizkit bands which were popular back then.

This is also what happened in the 80's w/ the hair metal era. Even obscure bands got major label support that's why people get tired of having the generic power ballad songs. When Nirvana came out, people heard something new & the grunge era started.

Here's a good example of how clueless record label bigwigs are about music. I was with a friend and we visited the A&R of of one of the local record labels. The A&R of that label introduced us to his boss, the Record label manager. He introduced my friend as having a new wave band. The record lable manager responds by saying, "Ah talaga? Bumabalik na talaga ang new wave no? Yung mga tipong Earth, Wind and Fire."

That's funny.:) It states the plight of the local music industry. Instead of being ran by people knowledgeable about the music & who'll develop the artists, the industry is ran by corporate types who just wants to keep the big bucks coming. :(

Immortal666, if you notice, it's not only Lacuna Coil's Comalies cd is released here but also Iron Maiden's "Dance of death" cd is locally available but I'm sure you in the past some albums from brilliant bands have become locally available here, albums from bands such as Hammerfall( Glory to the brave & Legacy of kings,), Cradle of Filth, Darkseed, Amorphis, Hypocrisy, even Death Angel's "Ultra-violence and Act III was released here during the late 80's and late 90's along with the albums of Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer, Testament, Exodus and many other brilliant bands. So, I hope that the release of Lacuna Coil's and Iron Maiden cd's will pave the way for record companies here to take a chance on metal bands(real metal bands that is) and have their cd's to be locally released.

Immortal666, if you notice, it's not only Lacuna Coil's Comalies cd is released here but also Iron Maiden's "Dance of death" cd is locally available but I'm sure you in the past some albums from brilliant bands have become locally available here, albums from bands such as Hammerfall( Glory to the brave & Legacy of kings,), Cradle of Filth, Darkseed, Amorphis, Hypocrisy, even Death Angel's "Ultra-violence and Act III was released here during the late 80's and late 90's along with the albums of Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer, Testament, Exodus and many other brilliant bands. So, I hope that the release of Lacuna Coil's and Iron Maiden cd's will pave the way for record companies here to take a chance on metal bands(real metal bands that is) and have their cd's to be locally released.

I'm as hopeful as you that there would be more proper domestic distrubution of metal albums. Heavy metal is on an upswing in the US as attested by the revival of Headbangers Ball on MTV, the long-awaited death of nu-metal, the inclusion of real metal bands on Ozzfest (Judas Priest, Dimmu Borgir), the crossover appeal of metal bands (In Flames, though pa-sell out na sila). Let's just hope that it bowls over here.

I'm still disappointed with the lack of metal releases in the muic stores here. Tower and Music One used to have good selections as far as metal albums. But I can't say that's the case anymore. The metal releases are very few to almost non-existent. I'm still waiting for Fear Factory's "Archetype" to be released locally. Sony Music has local distribution rights for Roadrunner which is Fear factory's label.

Fyi, Sony has already released Machine Head's latest "Through the Ashes of Empires" album which is far better than their last two or three albums. It's a return to the same form found on their first two albums when they were still metal. However, the new one still has slight nu-metal tendencies but just slight. Overall, I recommend that you get it.

I'd just like to share the recent CD haul I had. I ordered these online two weeks ago and they just arrived three days ago. All are 2nd hand copies btw but all are in very good to excellent condition:

SLAYER - Hell Awaits

DEATH - Human

KING DIAMOND - Conspiracy

CHILDREN OF BODOM - Hatebreeder

RUMBLE MILITIA - Stop Violence and Madness

I'm as hopeful as you that there would be more proper domestic distrubution of metal albums. Heavy metal is on an upswing in the US as attested by the revival of Headbangers Ball on MTV, the long-awaited death of nu-metal, the inclusion of real metal bands on Ozzfest (Judas Priest, Dimmu Borgir), the crossover appeal of metal bands (In Flames, though pa-sell out na sila). Let's just hope that it bowls over here.

I'm still disappointed with the lack of metal releases in the muic stores here. Tower and Music One used to have good selections as far as metal albums. But I can't say that's the case anymore. The metal releases are very few to almost non-existent. I'm still waiting for Fear Factory's "Archetype" to be released locally. Sony Music has local distribution rights for Roadrunner which is Fear factory's label.

Fyi, Sony has already released Machine Head's latest "Through the Ashes of Empires" album which is far better than their last two or three albums. It's a return to the same form found on their first two albums when they were still metal. However, the new one still has slight nu-metal tendencies but just slight. Overall, I recommend that you get it.

I'll always be hopefull that some of the cd's of my fave metal bands will still be locally released. Fear Factory's Archetype album is already out on the U.S. and of course I'm hoping that it'll be released here just like their "Demanufacture" and "Obsolete" albums which was made locally available in the mid and late 90's along with albums of Type O Negative, Machine Head, Sepultura and other bands from the Roadrunner Records. With regards to Machine Head, I'm somewhat disappointed with the last few releases of Machine Head coz they have sort of follow the trend and add some new metal flavor in their music, if their latest release is a return to their old musical style like in "Burn my eyes" and "The more things change" then its probably worth listening to. Also, I'm glad that our tribe here in MTC are growing slowly but progresively.

post-62-1084594532.jpg

Eto naman nabili kong CD's. Bought them 2nd hand in Recto.

Bat Head Soup - A Tribute To Ozzy

Lacuna Coil - In A Reverie

Symphony X - The Odyssey

Quuensryche - Empire

Dami pang magandang CDs kaso naubos na budget ko. Daming 80's stuff.

Doc, bumibili ka din pala sa recto. Sa loob ka ba ng cartimar recto bumibili? Bumibili din kasi ako don eh. Dami ngang ok na second hand cd's doon. Me hinahanap nga pala ako doon na cd from among doon sa mga burn/copy nila, yung Dream theatre playing metallica kaso out of stock, malupit daw banat ng DT doon eh.

O, playlist naman tayo. Post the albums you've spinning the past few days. Here's mine:

CHILDREN OF BODOM - Hatebreeder

THE ACCUSED - Martha Splatterhead's Maddest Stories Ever Told

TANKARD - Chemical Invasion

DEATH - Human

THERAPY? - Suicide Pact - You First

OST - Strangeland

KING DIAMOND - Conpsiracy

SLAYER - Hell Awaits

SATYRICON - Rebel Extravaganza

SHAH - P.S.I.H.O.

OPETH - Blackwater Park

DEACON BLUE - When the World Knows Your Name (he he, hindi lang metal pinpakinggan ko)

www.metal-rules.com

I visit that site a lot.

I'm a regular poster in their discussion boards. You'll get to encounter the most hardline, elitist metalheads there. Huwag kang magkamaling sabihin na mahilig ka sa nu-metal dun kundi ibabaon ka nila ng buhay. Pati nga mga power metal fans kinakawawa ng mga black metal fans dun e.

Unfortunately, their boards have been down the past few days. But once it's up, try to visit it. Tatlo lang yung mga kilala kong Pinoy dun. Yung isa nasa New Zealand, yung isa sa California and yung isa taga-Cainta! :lol:

Doc, bumibili ka din pala sa recto. Sa loob ka ba ng cartimar recto bumibili? Bumibili din kasi ako don eh. Dami ngang ok na second hand cd's doon. Me hinahanap nga pala ako doon na cd from among doon sa mga burn/copy nila, yung Dream theatre playing metallica kaso out of stock, malupit daw banat ng DT doon eh.

Dun din ako natingin sa loob ng Cartimar tapos dun sa kalye na kahilera ng Quiapo Church. Madami din kasing nagbebenta dun. You have to regularly visit that place kasi pabago-bago yung stocks nila. Every week nagpapalit sila & laging may bago.

Regarding DT playing Metallica. I think it's a bootleg copy lang. Yun yung concert ata na they played Master Of Puppets in its entirety. Yun yung parang ginawa nilang encore sa concert nila. Hanap ko din yun. :)

fronting quiapo church punta ka dun sa kabilang side.daan ka sa underpass.tapos hanapin mo yung jollibee,sa likod na street ng jollibee (elizondo ata yung name ng street forgot eh,mas alam ko ksi puntahan in actual not in names hehehe) punta ka dun sa mga nag titinda ng mga dvds dun hanapin mo,meron stairs dun,sa taas nila nandun mga rare and hard to find cds (metal etc) pirated copy nga lang pero naka photocopy yung mga covers mismo)

Hope this helps a bit on your quest for cds.

Di ko alam yan. Mapuntahan nga minsan. :)