Concerts

bluechips

Just watched the Reigning Still concert by regine last night. Loved the opening number, Could this be magic by Barry manilow with Masquerade ball motif and eric mana as guest magician in an ala Phantom of the Opera costume.

Towards the middle of the concert though parang iba ang mood ni regine, there were some lapses till the end, either sa entrance ng song or sa steps. The MJ medley sa finally was nice, but i'm wishing it was shown earlier,as it was a great number but regine was visibly tired already at the end of the 2.5 hour show.

Her concert with Martin last year was better executed, IMHO.

Some of the memorable concerts i've catched:

Nyoy volante and mannos sings the beatles, earlier this year... a real trip down memory lane..

Barry Manilow at the Radio City Music Hall, New york- around year 2000, sobrang fun din.

how bout you guys? any cool, embarassing, weird, fun concert memories? or upcoming concerts worth watching?

• 2 weeks later...
Norah Jones is coming to Manila on 12March (main sponsor is Globe Platinum). I wonder how much tickets will be.

Looking forward to this one, i read about it in the Phil. Daily Inquirer and i'm really excited about this and i hope that no glitches whatsoever will jeopardize her concert. i got her two cd's and i'm looking forward to hearing her perform the songs live.....

• 3 weeks later...

pinaka-malufet kong concert experience - metallica concert in '93... muntil mabale leeg ko kaka-head bang at ang sarap mag-slam...

unforgettable din yung pearl jam concert in '95 kasi nasa pinakaharap kami tsaka nakapag-body surf ako tsaka ka-slaman ko mga foreigners... sarap ding humawak at humipo sa mga caucasians na nag-crowd surf din...

pinaka-malufet kong concert experience - metallica concert in '93... muntil mabale leeg ko kaka-head bang at ang sarap mag-slam...

unforgettable din yung pearl jam concert in '95 kasi nasa pinakaharap kami tsaka nakapag-body surf ako tsaka ka-slaman ko mga foreigners... sarap ding humawak at humipo sa mga caucasians na nag-crowd surf din...

agree bro. i was there, nakikihead bang din. hehehehehe.

tsaka yung latest meteora concert ng linkin part hayuf din...

Classics are MTV's Alternative Nation Tour feat. The Foo Fighters (isa palang album nila nun kya limited pa ung repertoire, kulit ni Pat Smear), Beastie Boys (of couse rocked the house, bitin nga lang yung set nila bec. of technical problems. sa lupit nila may sumabog na fuse), and Sonic Youth (perfect tone down for the night. they did The Diamond Sea. rock gods!). Then there was RATM concert (bitin din as usual, should have had bands of the same genre open up for them like the one who sang "Reign of the Dogs" forgot their name. My first time to body surf, sarap parang out of body experience)

Classics are MTV's Alternative Nation Tour feat. The Foo Fighters (isa palang album nila nun kya limited pa ung repertoire, kulit ni Pat Smear), Beastie Boys (of couse rocked the house, bitin nga lang yung set nila bec. of technical problems. sa lupit nila may sumabog na fuse), and Sonic Youth (perfect tone down for the night. they did The Diamond Sea. rock gods!). Then there was RATM concert (bitin din as usual, should have had bands of the same genre open up for them like the one who sang "Reign of the Dogs" forgot their name. My first time to body surf, sarap parang out of body experience)

Napanood ko pareho yan, parehong bleachers ang ticket ko dyan pero nakababa kami, heheheheh! Oo nga pala, the band who sang "Reign of the Dogs" was Erectus, very RATMesque ang sound nila...

Bush concert in ULTRA 98'.....may bumato kay Gavin Rosedale nung magsisimula na syang kumanta....exacto tumama sa mukha nya yung mineral water tumama pa sa mic...rinig yung thud....hehe :P

Pare, that was October 1997, bleachers din ang ticket ko dyan and nakababa uli ako, ako ang nagpasimula ng pagbaba dyan, hehehehheeheh! I kicked the door doon sa pagpasok sa upper box, heheheh! Those were my motherf**king unruly punk days, hehehhehe!

Pare, that was October 1997, bleachers din ang ticket ko dyan and nakababa uli ako, ako ang nagpasimula ng pagbaba dyan, hehehehheeheh! I kicked the door doon sa pagpasok sa upper box, heheheh! Those were my motherf**king unruly punk days, hehehhehe!

ahh...yeah...that's was 97'....hehe :P

i was in 4th year highschool then.....meron pang isang tumalon from the bleachers hanggang lower box ata yun....una likod...hinde gumagalaw....kala ng lahat patay na....tapos biglang tumayo nagsisisigaw....hehe :P

yung mga katabi kong chikas katabi ko lang sa bleachers nung magstart yung stampede...nasa baba na....hehe :P

may katabi pa kong hinihingi yung bote ng mineral water ko...isasalin nya raw yung gin nya dun....na nasa plastic ng ice....hehe :P

dami rin nag mamarijuana.....mo jammin' talaga....hehe :P

went to concerts of the UP Madrigal Singers twice in the early 90's... they were so good I couldn't believe my ears... heavenly music.

The Chick Corea Akoustic Band had a concert at thr CCP in the late 80's -- dream come true! I got to listen to one of the best jazz pianists of all time, live! I hope that other jazz artists of his caliber come and perform here. Too bad that the jazz fan base in the country is too small.

local concerts i watched

metallica

bon jovi

village people

andy lau

jacky cheung

debbie gibson

leah salonga

stephen bishop/david pomeranz/michael

local concerts i regret not having the chance to watch

phil collins

air supply 80's concert

kenny g

barry manilow

toto

jong cuenco

chuck mangione

frank sinatra

international concerts i regret i wont be able to watch

phil collins

david foster

guns and roses

london philharmonic orchestra

elvis presley

metallica in manila is still best!

...also depeche mode and the alternative tour feat. foo fighters, sonic youth & the beastie boys!

i agree the best yung metallica!!!!! same with the alternative tour... dont forget pearl jam... okay din yung mr. big kaso nde napuno yung venue... CCP ata yun o folkarts... any news kung sino pa mga pupunta in the near future?

No doubt kaw toits. tedants